Armagh vs Donegal - Sunday 8th April 2012

Started by Armaghgeddon, March 25, 2012, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: Orchardman on April 11, 2012, 10:53:12 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on April 11, 2012, 06:32:30 PM
MOr was part of the St.Pauls managment team that won an all ireland. Great choice for manager. ;) ;) ;)

That is the MOR i was thinking of, how anyone could suggest him as a manager is beyond me, i assume this is a joke. He was one of the players that armagh fans constantly criticised for years for offering nothing to the team

As it happens what someone was or wasn't as a player is irrelevant but sure this is a lad still playing. silly suggestion.

Orchardman

I know, he's only about 31 or so im sure. Anyway, POR is gonna go out on a high this year by taking us to the last 12

Etienne Lantier

Please, under no circumstances even allude to the smell of a possibilty that Paddy O'Rourke could perhaps get another year with Armagh.

How badly does he have to destroy Armagh before enough is enough?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orchardman on April 11, 2012, 10:53:12 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on April 11, 2012, 06:32:30 PM
MOr was part of the St.Pauls managment team that won an all ireland. Great choice for manager. ;) ;) ;)

That is the MOR i was thinking of, how anyone could suggest him as a manager is beyond me, i assume this is a joke. He was one of the players that armagh fans constantly criticised for years for offering nothing to the team
Good players don't translate to good managers or coaches look at Roy Keane. Whilst mediocre and poor players often make the grade...Sean Boylan never played County Football. I wasn't sugesting any of the O'Rourkes as manager, but they have good experience in support roles. John Rafferty has a better coaching pedigree than most. But if you don't fancy John Raff then lets look elsewhere the point is when Paddy goes it's time for a clean sweep. I don't see much evidence of this tactical genius in performances to date. Yes we have played well in games, but we did so last year...no game plan and no consistency. There seems to be an awful lot of opinion here coloured by the club you come from. I'm not a Cross man but I'd bet if John Mc even was in charge you'd see more players from Cross available for the league. The two competitions shouldn't be mutually exclusive, injuries are accidental and you can pick them up as easy in championship. Rafferty was screwed by the CB anyway and mightn't want the job.

armaghranger12

I was joking MOR should not be let near a team to manage.  we would def win nothing playing the Dromintee way, but at least it would be a style of play more then can be said for the current manager's.

Orchardman

Quote from: armaghranger12 on April 12, 2012, 11:21:37 AM
I was joking MOR should not be let near a team to manage.  we would def win nothing playing the Dromintee way, but at least it would be a style of play more then can be said for the current manager's.

That's grand armaghranger, i knew you were joking, it was whoever mentioned it first i was getting at!

Anyway lads, whether someone was a good player or not, i know it has no real relevance to being a manager (though often it does help), that wasn't my point. I'm happy to let paddy wreck away at it this year and then leave, but then again i don't have that much love for the county team, as long as club fixtures are played regularly i'm happy. As it happens i think we'l have plenty of coaching talent the next few years, mostly from the 2002 team.

Enda (mind matters) and juntin mcnulty, marsden, mcconville, mcgrane, geezer and the mcentees. As i said earlier, tony mc in another year or 2 could be best option, plenty of folk seem to think geezer won't be coming back to armagh for a long time

Applesisapples

I used MOR as and example, what I was getting at is a need for a change, fresh ideas. If MOR doesn't fit the bill...and thats your opinion, then surely someone else does but Christ we need a manager who a) Has a plan and b) knows his first 15/17 players.
and c) can work something out with Cross.

Applesisapples

Quote from: bennydorano on April 12, 2012, 08:26:40 PM
Arse
Very mature response to a post on a discussion board. You are obviously an expert in arses.

Dont Matter

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

lawnseed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 10, 2012, 10:11:02 AM
In what paper did PG say he was a stop gap?
interview in the irish star about a week ago. he actually uses the term stop gap.

brian mc alinden for me
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Throw ball

Can this crap about our manager not just stop. The county has just lost the best forward any of us can remember and we have to play Tyrone in June. POR will be manager then. There was enough  abuse given a couple of years ago which forced the manager to resign and put Armagh back big time. If i remember rightly POR got the job when very few people wanted it because of the abuse. Is it not possible to support and to leave talk about the management until the championship is over. Come on Armagh!

Throw ball