All Ireland contenders...

Started by EC Unique, March 25, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Enlighten me Indiana please as having watched the team play and train once or twice more than most this year and I believe that the main tactic is to play fast ball into the FF line ASAP.  But maybe you know better...?

bennydorano

Quote from: INDIANA on April 07, 2012, 09:13:12 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on April 07, 2012, 05:35:57 PM

Worth noting that cross don't kick the ball in if there are cover players. They depend on teams defending naively - like garycastle - to play their prreferred game. You'llr probably find that any county team not facing cover players will kick the ball early in similar fashion. In the modern county game you are kicking it to 6 defenders with only 3 or 4 forwards.

Possibly the first thing we've ever agreed on.

Its amazing how some armagh posters(who claim to know a lot) dont even know how cross play. Staggering.
It would be more amazing if anybody valued your opinion. I await your reply to brokencrossbar with great interest.

EC Unique

Well it is all about to begin. IMO there is no stand out favourite and is as open as it has ever been. Can't wait :)

Farrandeelin

I'm going to call it and say Cork will win it. They may be jinxed though with me predicting them!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Throw ball

I think the All Ireland is open enough this year. The usual suspects of Dublin, Kerry and Cork will be thereabouts but of all the teams that played Armagh this year Mayo impressed me the most. With a good draw they could make an All Ireland final - and get beat again of course. Would love it if an outsider could make a run for it much as Down did a couple of years ago.

LongRange

Kildare are bound to come good at some point, have been knocking at the door since McGeeney took over.

moysider

Quote from: LongRange on May 14, 2012, 12:00:23 PM
Kildare are bound to come good at some point, have been knocking at the door since McGeeney took over.

Not necessarily. It might have got as good as it gets for them.

LongRange

Quote from: moysider on May 14, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Or it might not have

EC Unique

Quote from: LongRange on May 14, 2012, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: moysider on May 14, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Or it might not have

Na, Kildare have peaked. Geezer's fittness work can take them so far but they are missing a couple of players with that special spark that is needed in the summer game.

seafoid

Meath 50/1

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0514/1224316063153.html

How many years would you have to go back to get a price as bad as that ?

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 07, 2012, 09:43:28 PM
Enlighten me Indiana please as having watched the team play and train once or twice more than most this year and I believe that the main tactic is to play fast ball into the FF line ASAP.  But maybe you know better...?

Seems to have been missed by Indy there BC :D What amazes me is people who assume that direct, quick ball is the same as high hopeful punts.

Ard-Rí

Quote from: seafoid on May 14, 2012, 03:31:01 PM
Meath 50/1

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0514/1224316063153.html

How many years would you have to go back to get a price as bad as that ?

Tasty 10/1 for the Leinster ...
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

rrhf

ross4life

Hard to know with Kildare they have been unlucky the last few years but they need to win at least a Leinster title this summer that alone would be achievement. Cork after last year will looking to do better but can they beat Kerry in Croke park? Donegal if more adventurous will be a tough team to beat.Not sure is any team in Connacht are capable of bringing home the big prize yet. Interesting championship ahead looking forward to it.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RMDrive

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 14, 2012, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 07, 2012, 09:43:28 PM

Seems to have been missed by Indy there BC :D What amazes me is people who assume that direct, quick ball is the same as high hopeful punts.

Careful now. That post consumes most of the site's sense-quota for the day.