All Ireland contenders...

Started by EC Unique, March 25, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

syf, do you think Donegal has a two and a half times better chance of an AI than Armagh then?

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on April 01, 2012, 03:31:01 AM
syf, do you think Donegal has a two and a half times better chance of an AI than Armagh then?

Well I was talking about the 300-1 on Louth types of odds. Armagh are a team that could easily be better than Donegal if the Cross lads show like they have been for their club but untill we see something approaching the championship team it's hard to judge and bookies are a conservative lot and will still be judging Donegal on having the beating of the eventual All-Ireland winners last year.

Blowitupref

Cop on to yourself..................

Not a chance Dublin are realistic contenders

Hammered in obyrne cup against kildare
Hammered by kerry in the league opener
Limped past laois
Stuffed by Down
Average performance against a bewildered armagh and the result against donegal was more than flattering
Hammered Hammered by Mayo

Not a chance  of contention

Dublin wouldn't have won lenister nevermind the All Ireland without the two Brogan's last year once  they return Dublin will be one of the main teams to beat again.

Mayo look very good. "Galway 1998" feel about them imo.
That Galway team was one of the best teams of the last few decades the current Mayo team will probably lose to average Galway team in the Connacht final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Mayo as AI contenders? What date is it?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

No-one should ever use a performance against dublin as a yard stick by which to measure their progress.

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on March 31, 2012, 11:41:42 PM
In fairness, list out the players Dublin were missing tonight.
I wouldn't write them off just yet.

You have to Jinxy after last night.

Tyrone's to lose.

You heard it here first.

Dublin football is doomed and Mayo are now the front runners.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

You don't have to think Louth will win the All Ireland to back your conviction that 300/1 is too generous. If you're convinced Louth will win a few games, then you can expect their odds will shorten considerably and you can plan to trade your bet.

If you put €100 on Louth at 300/1 and they come in to 50/1 on Betfair after, say, winning two rounds in Leinster, then (in theory*) you can lay them for approximately €600 at 50/1 and, whether they win the AI or not, you collect about €500. Even if they only shorten to 150/1, you can collect the guts of €100.

*You might struggle to get €600 matched on that market, though.

macdanger2

It's likely to be between Dublin, Kerry and Cork.

There are a few others who can beat any of the "big three" with Tyrone being the most likely to actually win it as they have the experience.

I think they'll definitely make last 8 or 4 but I find it hard to see the Dubs winning it again - only one team (Kerry 06/07) has won back to back AIs since Cork in 89/90. When you consider the teams who have failed to do two in a row, I don't think the current Dublin team are quite good enough to surpass them

Farrandeelin

Lads, I cannot believe I see Mayo mentioned in this thread. It was a one off last night. Everything from points going over from every angle you know. It was the last day of March and things can only get worse for Mayo anymore I'm afraid.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 01, 2012, 08:34:20 PM
Lads, I cannot believe I see Mayo mentioned in this thread. It was a one off last night. Everything from points going over from every angle you know. It was the last day of March and things can only get worse for Mayo anymore I'm afraid.

Connacht Championship contenders lads.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 01, 2012, 08:34:20 PM

Arrah!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Why do you care if Donegal are shorter odds than Armagh at the bookies? Is that going to affect Armagh's chances this season?

Beyond Dublin, Kerry and Cork's likely appearances in the semis, providing they avoid each other, the form book will be turned upside down by several teams, for better or worse on their parts, this summer. In retrospect, come the end of the season, quite a few teams will turn out to have been overrated or underrated, same as every year. There's probably ten or more teams who could make an AI semi or even final, with the right draw. They can't all be given the same backing by the punters.

haveaharp

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2012, 10:22:50 AM
Mayo as AI contenders? What date is it?

Well the birds are only starting nesting

LeoMc

The odds are reflective of the easier path Donegal would have to a semi-final match up with Armagh en route to an All-Ireland not their respective strengths in a one off game.