All Ireland contenders...

Started by EC Unique, March 25, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 08:10:33 PM
Sorry perhaps I was unclear.

Laois directly paid two All-Stars to play for their county over the last six years.

One was when he 'retired' and was an incentive to play again and the other was to outbid a Dublin club that he was playing for.

They funded this using money 'freed-up (to borrow your argument) from the Dublin/full Croke Park gravy train.

Hope that's clearer for you.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I know this story and it was laughed about years ago. No truth in it.
What your using now is tactics often used by the Dublin hero Bertie Ahern. Didn't work for him either in the end.  :D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 08:21:46 PM

Laois directly paid two All-Stars to play for their county over the last six years.

One was when he 'retired' and was an incentive to play again and the other was to outbid a Dublin club that he was playing for.

They funded this using money 'freed-up (to borrow your argument) from the Dublin/full Croke Park gravy train.

What your using now is tactics often used by the Dublin hero Bertie Ahern. Didn't work for him either in the end.  :D

Deny, deny, deny.

I was present at one of the negotiations. It happened.

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 08:24:02 PM

Deny, deny, deny.

Yes. Deny, deny, deny and then deflect, deflect, deflect were Bertie's tactics.  :D
I was at a gym in Dublin a few years ago and out the back I saw a well known Dublin senior footballer buy steroids.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 08:37:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 08:24:02 PM

Deny, deny, deny.

Yes. Deny, deny, deny and then deflect, deflect, deflect were Bertie's tactics.  :D
I was at a gym in Dublin a few years ago and out the back I saw a well known Dublin senior footballer buy steroids.

I'm dealing in fact unlike yourself. Get over your Dublin obsession.

Dont Matter

I have stated nothing but fact. If any other county were been handed success I'd dislike them also.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 08:44:52 PM
I have stated nothing but fact. If any other county were been handed success I'd dislike them also.

Laois were handed a Leinster title. Monies from Dublin's run in 2002 allowed them pay big bucks for Micko.

Hill16 Blues

Heffo FFS - for the love of God will you please just ignore this bitter little f***er. He comes from a county full of bitter little f*****s! As you pointed out its the reason they are collectively known as the lemons!

As the famous saying goes 'never argue with a fool as they will bring you down to their level and then beat you on experience'!!!

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 08:49:40 PM

Laois were handed a Leinster title. Monies from Dublin's run in 2002 allowed them pay big bucks for Micko.

;D We paid for him on our own. We would have won another one in 05 if the ref didn't hand it to the home team.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 29, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
Heffo FFS - for the love of God will you please just ignore this bitter little f***er. He comes from a county full of bitter little f*****s! As you pointed out its the reason they are collectively known as the lemons!

As the famous saying goes 'never argue with a fool as they will bring you down to their level and then beat you on experience'!!!

I want to start a clean Hill 16 up campaign. Make the area junkie free.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 08:55:06 PM

;D We paid for him on our own. We would have won another one in 05 if the ref didn't hand it to the home team.

You shower couldn't be trusted to not fuc* up a cup of tea, never mind generate the kind of money Micko deals in.

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 29, 2012, 08:59:02 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2012, 08:55:06 PM

You shower couldn't be trusted to not f*** up a cup of tea, never mind generate the kind of money Micko deals in.

He was kept happy, even Dublins improved offer didn't tempt him.
Peter Quinn

Hill16 Blues

Favorites / Main contenders - Kerry, Cork & Dublin

One of these 99% certain to win All Ireland IMO!

Contenders - Tyrone, Kildare & Donegal

Dark Horses / make an impact - Mayo, Down, Armagh and possibly Galway

After that would expect you may get a team that through luck of the draw makes it through to qfs. Wexford probably only team that springs to mind here. You would have thought county like Derry or Meath woul at very least be in this bracket but not the way things look at the minute!

heffo

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 29, 2012, 09:21:12 PM

After that would expect you may get a team that through luck of the draw makes it through to qfs. Wexford probably only team that springs to mind here. You would have thought county like Derry or Meath woul at very least be in this bracket but not the way things look at the minute!

I'd have Mayo in the contenders group too.

It'll be interesting to look back on this thread come August bank holiday time.

Syferus

I'm biased but if the current Roscommon panel doesn't suffer huge injuries - and they've been getting progressively healthier all through the year so it seems like we're over the brunt of that - they will surprise alot of outsiders. Likewise, Longford are a serious outfit this year and I can see them cleaning a few clocks before Summer's end.

Orangemac

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 29, 2012, 09:21:12 PM

Would agree with top 3 although Cork are probably behind Kerry and Dublin. Kerry wil be smarting after last year, it will be the last hurrah for a few of them and player for player they still have the best forwards in the country.Cork have a lot of good footballers but are a bit one dimensional in attack.

Tyrone seem to have improved but is early days yet.Donegal will not go as well this year, huge effort put in last year which will be hard to replicate. They don't have enough scoring forwards to push on from last year.