All Ireland contenders...

Started by EC Unique, March 25, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2012, 05:02:25 PM
QuoteAs I said give any other county this kind of money and they'd be successful too or you can go on trying to fool everyone that receiving 1 million per year had very little to do with this new found success.

Dublin has more members, players etc than other places. Of course they received more money. Are you saying that they received a disproportionate amount of money?

QuoteLaughable.

Quite.

Quoteif Ulster were a single team it might matter.

This is a more relevant point. Dublin will have to cease to be a single team at some stage.

Received a disproportionate amount of money? That would mean other counties got money from this scheme also. This scheme meant Dublin 7 million, everyone else 0.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 28, 2012, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 28, 2012, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 28, 2012, 04:26:41 PM
Again more misinformation.

Every club does not have a GPO - some have none, some share with other clubs and have them for two days a week.

Where are you claiming the grants went so? It's all itemised - the clubs who have a GPO pay half the cost and the DCB pay half the cost. Anything else went on funding new startup clubs in 'new' areas like Adamstown, Tyrrelstown etc - nothing was spent on development squads or adult level from this grant.

The Irish sports council also allocated money to the GAA centrally to invest in grassroots and Hurling development so you're incorrect again in saying other counties would've been laughed out.

You still haven't answered where the £120 went in the same period in Ulster

The grants went on a lot of things which I think you are letting on not to know about. I have it on good authority that some of the money went to places not specified.
Also these grants freed up cash to go elsewhere, that definitely has improved some senior teams.
Not only have these grants assisted Dublin now but it will long in to the future. They are not competing on a level playing field with the rest of the country. The scheme wouldn't have taken off if one recently disgraced man wasn't about to see it into fruition.
I don't have a clue where the £120 went to, if Ulster were a single team it might matter.

You're good authority is bollo* - all that money is accounted for as stated.

The grants didn't free up money to go elsewhere - the GPO's weren't in place nor would they have been funded had the grants not been in place.

Perhaps you should look into where the £120m in Ulster went - it's a far greater sum than Dublin got.

Get your facts straight and stop talking shi*e.

Deny, deny, deny. Sounding like Bertie.
Oh yes lets go with the story that Dublin just magically improved their standard of hurling in a couple of years instead. Dublins volunteers are so far superior to the volunteers around the country that they improved a county from also rans to All-Ireland contenders in no time.
The money received is just coincidence is it?
Cop onto yourself, you're fooling nobody.
Peter Quinn

Seamus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 27, 2012, 06:11:04 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 27, 2012, 03:36:24 PM
I actually think it will be Tyrone's to lose this year.  They have built up a great run of momentum, Dublin, while were very strong last year had a lot of balls bounce for them, Kerry will be hard to bet but Tyrone have the mental edge on them, Cork have too many injuries and Mayo are Mayo.  Donegal will be a busted balloon by July.  Tyrone will win it.

Can you elaborate a bit more on that one please brokencrossbar ???

Talking about  a lot of bouncing balls, the unpunished double hop by Kevin McMannaman with a couple of minutes to go which led to a 2 point swing was enough on its own to hand the Dubs Sam.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

bennydorano

Great to see Tyrone wans losing the run of themselves again.  Tyrone are currently Championship fit while others are only beginning to approach that level, I'd take Dublin, Cork, Kerry and Kildare all to beat them if they met in the last 8, suppose law of averages leaves them a decent chance of progressing to the semis. 

I'm going to back Kildare to finally get a bit of luck and win Sam.  I'd agree Dublin deserved their luck last year, they might find Refs not so accommodating this year (a la Brian White in 2003 for Armagh and thon Longford bollix for every Armagh game post 2002).

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2012, 05:49:12 PM
Great to see Tyrone wans losing the run of themselves again.  Tyrone are currently Championship fit while others are only beginning to approach that level, I'd take Dublin, Cork, Kerry and Kildare all to beat them if they met in the last 8, suppose law of averages leaves them a decent chance of progressing to the semis. 

I'm going to back Kildare to finally get a bit of luck and win Sam.  I'd agree Dublin deserved their luck last year, they might find Refs not so accommodating this year (a la Brian White in 2003 for Armagh and thon Longford bollix for every Armagh game post 2002).

You will see its actually not the Tyrone ones who are losing the run of it.  How do any of us know the level of fitness a team has?  Is there a wee machine where we can see a wee bar graph to show Tyrone are 98% at Championship fitness level whereas the 4 you mentioned are only at 92%?  One thing for sure is that the Tyrone panel is littered with individual talent.  The new players coming through have all won All Irelands before, and are now being integrated into the system MH employs.   The one thing every Tyrone fan wanted over the past few years was for the younger generation to gain the experience of Senior football to see where they lay, and currently its looking good.  On top of the talent, there is pace to burn in every line, something which was amiss the last few years.  Its a shame that Ronan O'Neill is out, but going forward this Tyrone team could very well reach the top.  This year may be a summer or two too soon though.  I personally think Cork will come good, then again maybe the fact that alot of their key players are pushing on is finally showing come game time.  Dublin will be thereabouts, but I just feel that they are a solid team that will not put the fear of god into anyone come the business end of the Championship.  There is a lot of talk about Kerry this year going by the League, but am I the only one who looks at the Kerry team and sees a team not as strong as 3/4/5 years ago.  I know Martin McHugh would disagree, the man must have a serious boner for Kerry as he was spouting the other week that Kerry have 5 of the best forwards to ever play Gaelic football.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 28, 2012, 05:33:49 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 28, 2012, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 28, 2012, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 28, 2012, 04:26:41 PM
Again more misinformation.

Every club does not have a GPO - some have none, some share with other clubs and have them for two days a week.

Where are you claiming the grants went so? It's all itemised - the clubs who have a GPO pay half the cost and the DCB pay half the cost. Anything else went on funding new startup clubs in 'new' areas like Adamstown, Tyrrelstown etc - nothing was spent on development squads or adult level from this grant.

The Irish sports council also allocated money to the GAA centrally to invest in grassroots and Hurling development so you're incorrect again in saying other counties would've been laughed out.

You still haven't answered where the £120 went in the same period in Ulster

The grants went on a lot of things which I think you are letting on not to know about. I have it on good authority that some of the money went to places not specified.
Also these grants freed up cash to go elsewhere, that definitely has improved some senior teams.
Not only have these grants assisted Dublin now but it will long in to the future. They are not competing on a level playing field with the rest of the country. The scheme wouldn't have taken off if one recently disgraced man wasn't about to see it into fruition.
I don't have a clue where the £120 went to, if Ulster were a single team it might matter.

You're good authority is bollo* - all that money is accounted for as stated.

The grants didn't free up money to go elsewhere - the GPO's weren't in place nor would they have been funded had the grants not been in place.

Perhaps you should look into where the £120m in Ulster went - it's a far greater sum than Dublin got.

Get your facts straight and stop talking shi*e.

Deny, deny, deny. Sounding like Bertie.
Oh yes lets go with the story that Dublin just magically improved their standard of hurling in a couple of years instead. Dublins volunteers are so far superior to the volunteers around the country that they improved a county from also rans to All-Ireland contenders in no time.
The money received is just coincidence is it?
Cop onto yourself, you're fooling nobody.

I'm dealing in facts. The improvement in Dublin's hurling was long signposted from winning Leinster at underage from the mid-00's to combining colleges and winning titles at that level.

Dublin's volunteers are no better than anyone else's it just happens that the strategic plan organised them better than most.

Please explicitly state how money received from 2005 translated into Senior success.

Jinxy

No wonder we're useless, the Dubs are taking all our money.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hill16 Blues

Heffo - I don't know why you bother your arse engaging in discussion with t*ts like Don't Matter. Anyone that needs to state something 'is fact' or ' I have it on good authority' is so obviously talking through their ring of Kerry that they should most definitely be ignored and if not ignored clearly ridiculed!

Up the Dubs and our millions and millions of dodgy dosh!!! ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2012, 09:05:31 PM
No wonder we're useless, the Dubs are taking all our money.

Ah Jinxy, I'm sure you'll find the Hyde's stand a very comfortable white elephant when you're arriving for a hyding by our prodigious stream of underage talent next March, the Dubs aren't the only one good at this embezzling craic.

Redhand Santa

Your fitness point is nonsense. Tyrone train two nights a week and do a couple in the gym - I'm pretty sure this is no more than most counties at this stage of the year. I would imagine they are around the same level as a lot of teams. They are ahead of previous years when only trained one night for a lot of the year which lead to Tyrone struggling in the league.

I'm not sure how anyone can tip Kildare for the All Ireland. Have they ever actually won a big match under McGeeney or beaten a big team? I don't see them being any better than other years. They blew their best chance to get to an All Ireland final when they got beat by Down.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 28, 2012, 10:27:48 PM

Your fitness point is nonsense. Tyrone train two nights a week and do a couple in the gym - I'm pretty sure this is no more than most counties at this stage of the year. I would imagine they are around the same level as a lot of teams. They are ahead of previous years when only trained one night for a lot of the year which lead to Tyrone struggling in the league.

I'm not sure how anyone can tip Kildare for the All Ireland. Have they ever actually won a big match under McGeeney or beaten a big team? I don't see them being any better than other years. They blew their best chance to get to an All Ireland final when they got beat by Down.

This would suggest other wise:

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/13787

cadence

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 28, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

You will see its actually not the Tyrone ones who are losing the run of it.  How do any of us know the level of fitness a team has?  Is there a wee machine where we can see a wee bar graph to show Tyrone are 98% at Championship fitness level whereas the 4 you mentioned are only at 92%?  One thing for sure is that the Tyrone panel is littered with individual talent.  The new players coming through have all won All Irelands before, and are now being integrated into the system MH employs.   The one thing every Tyrone fan wanted over the past few years was for the younger generation to gain the experience of Senior football to see where they lay, and currently its looking good.  On top of the talent, there is pace to burn in every line, something which was amiss the last few years.  Its a shame that Ronan O'Neill is out, but going forward this Tyrone team could very well reach the top.  This year may be a summer or two too soon though.  I personally think Cork will come good, then again maybe the fact that alot of their key players are pushing on is finally showing come game time.  Dublin will be thereabouts, but I just feel that they are a solid team that will not put the fear of god into anyone come the business end of the Championship.  There is a lot of talk about Kerry this year going by the League, but am I the only one who looks at the Kerry team and sees a team not as strong as 3/4/5 years ago.  I know Martin McHugh would disagree, the man must have a serious boner for Kerry as he was spouting the other week that Kerry have 5 of the best forwards to ever play Gaelic football.

5 best ever you couldn't agree with. maybe it was a rhetorical flourish! a bit of a misspeak. happens to us all sure.

i was listening to mchugh on highland radio commenting on the don/dub game and he was full of praise for tyrone and for a culture there that he thought keeps producing talented footballers and that they are serious contenders again and the best side in ulster atm. he may, as you say, be somewhat attracted to kerry football, but he holds tyrone in esteem too going on what i heard him from him on sunday.

supersarsfields

Feck me the poor auld Arma posters are so unhappy no one is rating them that they can't take others mentioning Tyrone as contenders, even if most of them weren't even from the County. I think there's few in Tyrone that will look past May.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 28, 2012, 11:05:56 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 28, 2012, 10:27:48 PM

This would suggest other wise:

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/archives/13787

Tyrone have trained outdoors twice a week during the league, its a fact. I've no doubt they are ahead of their fitness in previous years but don't think they are much ahead of other teams. I would be confident they haven't trained more than a lot of counties. Dublin for example had a crazy amount of trainings in January and Down had started the early morning sessions too. Armagh are training plenty as well.

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on March 28, 2012, 08:31:36 PM
I'm dealing in facts. The improvement in Dublin's hurling was long signposted from winning Leinster at underage from the mid-00's to combining colleges and winning titles at that level.

Dublin's volunteers are no better than anyone else's it just happens that the strategic plan organised them better than most.

Please explicitly state how money received from 2005 translated into Senior success.

Dublin have the biggest population, a huge player pool. They have the best facilities in the country, the best coaches are bought. They play all their football championship games at home(I think Longford in 2006 or something was their last away championship game), no longer can Parnell Park be called home since every league game is played in Croke park.
Soon every hurling championship game will be played in Croke park. Since they play at home all the time they get the home town referees. 50/50 decisions always go their way. On top of all this they get more money than anyone else, including their own special scheme. 1 million a year they were receiving!!!!!!!!!!
Now can you explain how this couldn't possibly lead to success in both hurling and football? It's been gifted to you on a plate. The fact that you've only won one All Ireland despite having huge advantages over everyone else shows how far off the pace you'd be without them.
It's time to end the bias been shown to Dublin GAA, hurling is struggling in many counties, this money should have been spread out. Dublin's interests have been prioritised to the detriment of other counties. In contrary to the often repeated lie; Dublin is bad for the GAA.
Peter Quinn