Partitionist abuse - The poison of the meeja?

Started by whiskeysteve, March 21, 2012, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2012, 09:36:35 PM
Partitionism will end sooner than we think. But not in the way we would have previously thought, patitionism will end by the full rejoining of the 32 counties to the UK. I firmly believe that more and more people in the 26 counties would be glad of this to happen. The anglisicaton of the Free State in the last 10 years has been unreal. The media lap it up, it as if they are thinking thank God we can finally admit we love  Britain! I was listening to 2fm last week prior to St Patricks and the DJ's comment was somehthing like- there will be a great parade in Cork tomorrow, I reckon there will be a lot of peoople dressed up as the Queen this year- very minor thing but, why would this even enter your head to say it-very strange.

Partitionism will end sooner than we think. But not in the way we would have previously thought, patitionism will end by the full rejoining of the 32 counties to the UK. I firmly believe that more and more people in the 26 counties would be glad of this to happen. The anglisicaton of the Free State in the last 10 years has been unreal. The media lap it up, it as if they are thinking thank God we can finally admit we love  Britain! I was listening to 2fm last week prior to St Patricks and the DJ's comment was somehthing like- there will be a great parade in Cork tomorrow, I reckon there will be a lot of peoople dressed up as the Queen this year- very minor thing but, why would this even enter your head to say it-very strange.

It's tough being a free-state, partitionist, corrupt, German worshipping, Brit worshipping, money-worshipping, didn't-fight-50-years-before-I-was-born, how-dare-I-criticise-the-Church, Irish speaking West Brit.

How are you getting on yourself?
MWWSI 2017

ardal

Oooops,

super slow me am. Just worked out the west brit thing; west of briterland me thinks? :-[

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: ardal on March 23, 2012, 10:31:28 PM
Oooops,

super slow me am. Just worked out the west brit thing; west of briterland me thinks? :-[

One who lives as a Brit, but on an island to the West. (Leodhais?)

ardal

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 23, 2012, 10:40:04 PM
Oooops,

like Gay Burn, Dubs, free staters?

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: ardal on March 23, 2012, 10:43:56 PM
Oooops,

Nae idea, i'm a "north brit" :D

ardal

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 23, 2012, 10:45:44 PM
Oooops,

From a west brit point of view, you're a north east brit, get your geography sorted; yeak even Aberdeen; N/E britland, has a magnetic north

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: ardal on March 23, 2012, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 23, 2012, 10:45:44 PM
Oooops,

From a west brit point of view, you're a north east brit, get your geography sorted; yeak even Aberdeen; N/E britland, has a magnetic north

Until 2014, when, all being well, I won't be a Brit at all!

haranguerer

Oooops,

It might have taken you a while, but you certainly have it now!  ;D

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on March 23, 2012, 08:27:17 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 23, 2012, 10:47:49 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2012, 07:11:13 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 22, 2012, 06:52:36 PM

Some people. But not many. I don't believe for a minute that Hume or Heaney would have had a reception similar to McGuinness. In my opinion, either of them would probably have won comfortably.

After which they would be condemned as 'West Brits'.

Why would someone be called a west-brit for being from Derry and winning the Presidency?

Why would any Irish person be called a 'West Brit'?

A poor cop out, muppet. Try answering my question. Why would someone be called a west-brit for being from Derry and winning the Presidency?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

dillinger

I would think this is not a serious post. Although this could lead to another debate. Would the Unionists in Northern Ireland want the 26 counties to rejoin the UK? Can't think of any reason why they would.

Mike Sheehy

honest question...do any northerners really want to unite with the south ? it never seems that way with all the "free stater" jibes

Applesisapples

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 24, 2012, 07:41:25 AM
honest question...do any northerners really want to unite with the south ? it never seems that way with all the "free stater" jibes
Believe it or not many Northerners don't use the term Freestate as an insult or jibe, it was only people on here who alerted me to that. In my youth it would have been used in the context of envy that you were free of British rule. There are still a substantial number of people here who want re-unification we just can't agree on the timing or the form.

Applesisapples

For the record, I do not as a proud Ulster and Irishman consider the calling of a northerner racist or sectarian, but it is as vile and as hurtful as calling southern Irish people traitors or singing take it down from the mast. We are fellow Irishmen who have grown apart through no fault of our own we will find away sooner or later, probably later to reunite.

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 24, 2012, 12:07:27 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 23, 2012, 08:27:17 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 23, 2012, 10:47:49 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2012, 07:11:13 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 22, 2012, 06:52:36 PM

Some people. But not many. I don't believe for a minute that Hume or Heaney would have had a reception similar to McGuinness. In my opinion, either of them would probably have won comfortably.

After which they would be condemned as 'West Brits'.

Why would someone be called a west-brit for being from Derry and winning the Presidency?

Why would any Irish person be called a 'West Brit'?

A poor cop out, muppet. Try answering my question. Why would someone be called a west-brit for being from Derry and winning the Presidency?

:D :D :D

Excuse the cliché, but you really couldn't make it up.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: dillinger on March 24, 2012, 01:09:20 AM

I would think this is not a serious post. Although this could lead to another debate. Would the Unionists in Northern Ireland want the 26 counties to rejoin the UK? Can't think of any reason why they would.

If that were to happend (which it never would) I think its time to restart the original Irish Republic, the one more commonly known as the Connacht Republic, with its HQ/Capital in Castlebar.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.