The Household charge

Started by comethekingdom, March 20, 2012, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Dont know if theres a thread on this already - sorry if there is but with the deadline looming and so few people having paid to date whats the general concensus here? I havent paid it either but probably will next week some time. I guess a property tax is a must for the country to begin steady revenue streams in the future.

lawnseed

its only a hundred euros.. it'll cost you more than that to get a solicitor to represent you when they take you to court
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Ulick

Quote from: comethekingdom on March 20, 2012, 09:07:25 PM
Dont know if theres a thread on this already - sorry if there is but with the deadline looming and so few people having paid to date whats the general concensus here? I havent paid it either but probably will next week some time. I guess a property tax is a must for the country to begin steady revenue streams in the future.

But it's not a property tax, if it was you wouldn't be paying the same amount as Michael Smurfit and Henry Mountcharles.

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 20, 2012, 09:10:05 PM
its only a hundred euros.. it'll cost you more than that to get a solicitor to represent you when they take you to court
Didn't expect you to take that line lawnseed!

muppet

The real protest should be against another event that happens on the 31st March. That day the Irish Government gives €3.1bn of taxpayers money to IBRC (Anglo & INBS) who will give it to the Irish Central Bank who will then destroy it.

On the one hand we have a Government who seem afraid to, or are incapable of, finding a way out of Lenihan's disastrous decisions. On the other hand, against them we have a bunch of left-wing politicians who always fight the stupid fight. They are protesting over the €100 and trying to get people not to pay and doing f*ck all about the €3.1bn. That is the one we should not pay.
MWWSI 2017

RMDrive

Paid yesterday. A tax on property is a relatively fair way to gather income for the state. It should never have been done away with in the first place.

Shamrock Shore

Quotesame amount as Michael Smurfit

Smurfit is a tax exile in Monaco and pays shag all tax in ROI

Ulick

Quote from: muppet on March 20, 2012, 10:03:41 PM
The real protest should be against another event that happens on the 31st March. That day the Irish Government gives €3.1bn of taxpayers money to IBRC (Anglo & INBS) who will give it to the Irish Central Bank who will then destroy it.

On the one hand we have a Government who seem afraid to, or are incapable of, finding a way out of Lenihan's disastrous decisions. On the other hand, against them we have a bunch of left-wing politicians who always fight the stupid fight. They are protesting over the €100 and trying to get people not to pay and doing f*ck all about the €3.1bn. That is the one we should not pay.

muppet you know quite well they are not protesting over the €100 but the unfair system which imposes the same levy on households regardless of property value or income.

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on March 20, 2012, 10:51:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 20, 2012, 10:03:41 PM

muppet you know quite well they are not protesting over the €100 but the unfair system which imposes the same levy on households regardless of property value or income.

How is it unfair?

I pay the same for a loaf of bread as Michael Smurfit. Are you protesting about that too?
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 20, 2012, 09:52:14 PM
Didn't expect you to take that line lawnseed!
you'll never miss a cut off a sliced loaf maguire. whats the difference if your getting shagged up the arse.. its gets so you dont even notice... this is what the irish voters want.. bend over paddy

mylestheslasher

100 euro to get the fish on the hook. Next year try 500 or 600 for size. Your car tax will probably go up another 100 too. There is no fight left in us. We will be raped and pilaged by the big boys in europe with the help of their lackies in fg, the cowardly ball-less traitors that they are.

muppet

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 20, 2012, 11:24:14 PM
100 euro to get the fish on the hook. Next year try 500 or 600 for size. Your car tax will probably go up another 100 too. There is no fight left in us. We will be raped and pilaged by the big boys in europe with the help of their lackies in fg, the cowardly ball-less traitors that they are.

I am paying €2,000 a year for the next 20 odd years which will be given to Anglo and then set ablaze. At least the €100 will stay in circulation and come back into the economy. The €3.1bn is taken out and burned.

Joe Higgins will get re-elected because of his protest. That is all that matters.
MWWSI 2017

Gazzler

They'll have some job taking a million people to court.
I'm not paying it.

lawnseed

Quote from: Gazzler on March 20, 2012, 11:29:13 PM

They'll have some job taking a million people to court.
I'm not paying it.
cop yourself on.. you'll pay it and if you dont you'll be with a handful of people who dont. the irish are sheep they WILL pay. they'll do whatever rte tell them to do like they always have. baaah! people talk about not paying then they sneek down and pay or go on-line.. but mouth off about not paying. pay up endas advisers need a rise

Hereiam

Us nordies have been paying rates on our properties for years. As myles said this sweetner is to get everyone into the system, just wait till the southern government come at u all next year. I dont think people in the south realise that they are going to pay big time for the greed. Enda kenny is after the peoples savings and he is going to get it one way or another.