Liam Watson

Started by Premier Emperor, March 20, 2012, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Tony Baloney that's nonsense.

Cushendall had Loughrea one year and La Salle another year. Both of these teams should have been very beatable.

Dunloy had some hard draws but it generally didn't stop them getting to the final.

Seamroga in exile

All you have to do is take a look through his previous posts to see where I'm coming from minder.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 23, 2012, 04:14:04 PM
I didn't expect anything else from you, your previous posts are full of bile and anti loughgiel shit. Worthless contribution.
Was down supporting them last Saturday so please link me to any posts that were anti-Loughgiel bile.

You need to lay off the drink.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 23, 2012, 04:18:26 PM

Cushendall had Loughrea one year and La Salle another year. Both of these teams should have been very beatable.

Dunloy had some hard draws but it generally didn't stop them getting to the final.

Dunloy had a couple of pretty stunning semi victories - thinking of Glemore in 1995 and Mount Sion in 2003 - and and at least one heartbreaker (Sarsfields in 1998). Was a real shame that, for whatever reason (bad luck / good opposition) they never managed to go all the way.

Are you still partying hard in The Pound, SIE?

Seamroga in exile

Haven't had a drink since Sunday. Some of us have to work. I'll put links up later if you really want me too.

I knew when this thread was started the usual suspects would turn up with as Bushwhacker calls it "aye but". Get over it.

Sleeping giant

.  +1. Na P or coolderry IMO are as good if not better than either of the teams named above!!   To be truthful about the thing, I couldnt give to flying fcuks what outsiders think,  83/2012.  Catch up!!!!   ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Tony Baloney

Yes they should have been beatable and a couple of years ago they were close to getting over the line against De La Salle where they would have met Portumna in the final. Don't get me wrong I am as glad to see Loughgiel winning as I was to see that sideline cut going over against the Dall but there are some individuals here that think this Loughgiel side are the best ever.

SIE if you have time you can post up those links later to keep yourself occupied. I won't have time to look at them though.  :)

Buswhacker

Tony Baloney........S..t stirring again. Or is nostalgia getting the better of you again.Birr, Athenry,Ballyhale,Portumna.....their cumbersome style of hurling doesn't hack it in the new modern age.New kids on the block mate,Cooldeery would have beaten those Dunloy or Dall teams by a bagful. Those old teams are no longer in the mix,they don't count any more.They come from a time when speed an fitness was of secondary importance, that's why they get thrashed by the new top teams.This Loughgiel team would destroy any team that ever got to a club final.......as I say,put nostalgia away this is 2012 not 1994.......new kids on the block.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 23, 2012, 04:48:34 PM
Tony Baloney........S..t stirring again. Or is nostalgia getting the better of you again.Birr, Athenry,Ballyhale,Portumna.....their cumbersome style of hurling doesn't hack it in the new modern age.New kids on the block mate,Cooldeery would have beaten those Dunloy or Dall teams by a bagful. Those old teams are no longer in the mix,they don't count any more.They come from a time when speed an fitness was of secondary importance, that's why they get thrashed by the new top teams.This Loughgiel team would destroy any team that ever got to a club final.......as I say,put nostalgia away this is 2012 not 1994.......new kids on the block.
;D and you say I'm shit-stirring. Anyway, well done Loughgiel, winning the All-Ireland final more than makes up for choking in 6 county finals. The best in Ireland til St. Patrick's Day 2013.

Seamroga in exile

I was just about to post before SG that has it ever occurred to you that the opposition that these teams (you all place upon a pedestal) were playing weren't up to much. Just a thought.   

Buswhacker

Tony Baloney's an "aye but"..........heard plenty this week from Dunloy and further afield.........."glad to see Loughgiel winning,aye but thon Birr team of 1994, or Sarsfields team of the year nobody can remember,aye but aye but,aye but...etc etc etc."
Learn to live with Shams are the only team with the bottle to win All-Irelands.........END OF STORY.

Seamroga in exile

I'm sure the southern people are reading this thinking wtf? I'm also sure the respective supporters of Coolderry, Na Piarsaigh and Gort aren't that enamoured with the belittling of their respective achievements this season by you lot either.

As the boy once said, "you can only beat what's put in front of you".

Milltown Row2

Because we never beat Cross there are snipes at us, our lads at the time couldn't give a monkeys at the time, but a few years later I think that's their only target. Currently we are about 6 points worse off. The snipes wont go until we/if ever beat Cross.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 23, 2012, 04:48:34 PM

wow man your know your hurling, coolderry better than birr(nine all stars on that team and a county goalie 'Brian mullans' not some youngster complete out of his depth and didn't even take his coat off.
better than portuma, probably the best ever club team ever to lift hurls(altough just 3 all stars on that team)
better than ballyhale(shefflin,cha etc)
fair fcuks to loughgeil, ten out of ten for timing no big heavy hitters out at the moment tony baloney spot on here.

time for the sour grapes and 'aye but' replies instead of some serious facts. no need to say you don't care what we think 'thou dost protest to much'

I thought this thread was about Liam Watson, i thought he was magnificent last week, as good as you will see but he still has a bit to do at county level before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Whelahan(birr) canning brothers(portumna) or shefflin(ballyhale). I hope he kicks on and does it. lets hope his shots are more accurate than you ramblings
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

The same thing was said in '83 NAH, even though St. Rynagh's had 2 all-stars on their team. Might I suggest that if we've got anything more to say about the mighty Loughgiel Shamrocks' tremendous all-Ireland victory(ies) we keep it to the Antrim hurling thread. :)

This is the first time in 2 years that winker has been injury free. In fact it's the first time since getting "injured" against Dunloy in Ballycastle in the championship 2 years ago. He's in his prime and it would seem raring to go. I also hope that he brings that form to the saffrons, but a lot will depend on how the "steady Eddies" play along side him. Eddie McCloskey ran winker close for MOTM in both the semi and final and is also hurling out of his tree atm. Both need to be playing for things to improve for Antrim.