Liam Watson

Started by Premier Emperor, March 20, 2012, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Joe Canning? Ben O'Connor, and thon auld lad that played for Buffers Alley Tony, christ, he scored a right few against Rossa. And of course not forgetting King Henry playing for Ballyhale.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

The highest scorer ever in the club final MR2 and also the highest scorer in this years championship.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

In both of those games what did he score from open play? Some achievement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

I think he scored 0-7 in the semi and 2-02 in the final from open play.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 22, 2012, 08:16:49 PM
I think he scored 0-7 in the semi and 2-02 in the final from open play.

It makes ya wonder why he only scored 3 the year before against Gaels, 2 of which were frees.  But made up for in spades this year,   4-30 in total

Lets hope he turns that on for Antrim this year, half that would be great.

Minder

He would have to do it for a sustained period, at inter county level to be mentioned in the same company as the likes of Shefflin.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on March 22, 2012, 08:46:49 PM
He would have to do it for a sustained period, at inter county level to be mentioned in the same company as the likes of Shefflin.

In fairness it's hard for him to do it playing with the other Antrim players, and against better defenders I'd imagine

Sleeping giant

Sure it wouldn't matter if he scored 3-7 every day he went on pitch,  always would be someone on here snipping!!   He done it for us when it counted!  Goes down for me as one of the best to ever hold a hurl,  sorry if it sounds like am his lover ;D.  But he is THAT good!!   Plus it doesn't matter what he does for Antrim,  he won't get an all star anyway,  he done it for the shamrocks on the 17Th march 2012,  rest is history
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

No one is snipping, havent heard a bad word said about his hurling ability yet!!

Boy, ya's are wild protective when there's no need.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2012, 08:07:50 PM
Joe Canning? Ben O'Connor, and thon auld lad that played for Buffers Alley Tony, christ, he scored a right few against Rossa. And of course not forgetting King Henry playing for Ballyhale.

Tony Doran. I think he was 43 then.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 22, 2012, 07:46:25 PM
Yeah, Dj and Henry are "steady eddies".  ;)

Dunloy and the dall  had their fair share of "George Best" characters when they were the kingpins of Ulster Skull, in that regard the shams are far from unique.

Nearly all the so called "greats" of hurling have played in club finals. None achieved in scoring terms what Liam did last week, or for that matter what he did in the semi-final.  It's this that makes him the outstanding player today.
I'm sure we could agree on a few SIE but they'd be in a much lower league altogether. I suppose he was that talented loughgiel kept pandering to him because they seen him as their salvation from all those years in the wilderness and that has eventually worked out in regards to winning this past couple of years. I'm sure if I was a sham I could just about swallow the way he carried on for years now he's delivered on the biggest stage of all. Have a hunch though that some shams on principle would have liked to have seen them win their first championship without him.....you'll not get many to admit it now though  :)

I hope in the above post sleeping giant can find the appreciation of the mans talents amongst the critisicims that the man would probably admit to himself. I think thats a fairly balanced perspective rather than a snipe
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Unlike most people skull he has already admitted publicly to making many mistakes on and off the field. As I have said many times before I'd have him on the field no matter what because of what we seen him do recently. We've seen him do it before as loughgiel supporters right through from he was cub. The talent has always been there.   

He has been taking measures to improve himself. It seems to be working. Long may it continue.

Sleeping giant

am not saying the mans an angel.  but cant do nothing but it be dragged up,  we in our own wee parish :D did see what Liam was capable of,  couple of championships and a few ulsters,  now this,   where does a team go from here??   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 22, 2012, 10:01:53 PM
am not saying the mans an angel.  but cant do nothing but it be dragged up,  we in our own wee parish :D did see what Liam was capable of,  couple of championships and a few ulsters,  now this,   where does a team go from here??

That's the problem, the only way is down after this, even the big teams find it hard to sustain the heights, always teams out there plotting the fall of the champions. I hope it's us ;D

Sleeping giant

if we are to fail in the drive for 3 in a row MR2,  id rather it was use aswel;0)