Liam Watson

Started by Premier Emperor, March 20, 2012, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswhacker

As I said,anybody in the public eye is fair game to the media especially if they are in a vulnerable state.
On saying that surely someone should be available to prevent this happening. Anyway Liam was sober next day but the reporter was still ugly.............. (and pissed himself later in the day I hear ).

Milltown Row2

No harm in it, no one died and fair fucks to Loughgiel, I doubt there was any player half sober at that point who would have came on and said something/anything which would resembled some sense.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Everyone was a bit tipsy, to say the least, including the reporter. No one was offended by anything he said. He didn't swear or anything like that. Powerful bit of nit-picking, again.

I'm sure he or anyone else in Loughgiel don't give a flying fk what anyone thinks about his performance on tv, not after his performance last Saturday in Croke park.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Arthur_Friend

It wasn't that bad, he just stumbled over his words a bit at one point...no big deal.

shawshank

The thing about it is, if he was playing for Kilkenny he would be every bit as good as the players he compared himself to.

theskull1

Side point: There have been Antrim players going back years who would haved graced any of the top teams of their time
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

shawshank

Quote from: theskull1 on March 22, 2012, 01:19:33 PM
Side point: There have been Antrim players going back years who would haved graced any of the top teams of their time

Very true, but you would agree Winker is a bit special

Seamroga in exile

I think everyone would agree with you shawshank, especially after seeing his last two performances in the Loughgiel shirt.

johnneycool

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on March 21, 2012, 07:38:55 PM
It wasn't that bad, he just stumbled over his words a bit at one point...no big deal.

You'd have thought Dan the man Gillan should have been put in front of the camera's, no better Loughgeil man than Dan.

theskull1

Quote from: shawshank on March 22, 2012, 01:26:04 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 22, 2012, 01:19:33 PM

Very true, but you would agree Winker is a bit special

I'll agree with you that he's a mecurial talent who on his day is an outstandingly good stickman so in that regard he is "special" as you say. He has though required too much special attention by mentors wrecking their heads dealing with him over the years for me to really hold him in any high esteem though. Give me the steady eddies every time for without them he'd be no where. These are meerly personal opinions which I know will make no sense in loughgiel now they have tommy moore.

shawshank

Thats fair enough comment, thou your steady eddies don't win All Irelands. If Dunloy for example had a winker they would have had their All Ireland, maybe and probably more.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shawshank on March 22, 2012, 04:18:05 PM
Thats fair enough comment, thou your steady eddies don't win All Irelands. If Dunloy for example had a winker they would have had their All Ireland, maybe and probably more.

I take it you have never seen Dunloy play then Shawshank?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Dunloy had some of the best forwards Antrim have produced, they were not lacking in that regard. They were very unlucky and met brilliant opposition at the height of their powers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Ahem....Kilkenney springs to mind shawshank. Surely youre not suggesting that every team needs needs a 'george best' type player to win things

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on March 22, 2012, 04:37:24 PM

Ahem....Kilkenney springs to mind shawshank. Surely youre not suggesting that every team needs needs a 'george best' type player to win things
Yeah, Dj and Henry are "steady eddies".  ;)

Dunloy and the dall  had their fair share of "George Best" characters when they were the kingpins of Ulster Skull, in that regard the shams are far from unique.

Nearly all the so called "greats" of hurling have played in club finals. None achieved in scoring terms what Liam did last week, or for that matter what he did in the semi-final.  It's this that makes him the outstanding player today.