9 Kalum King
10 Daniel Hughes
11 Mark Poland
12 Aidan Carr
13 Conor Maginn
14 Brendan Coulter
15 Conor Laverty

Dont Matter

Just a word of warning to Down. Bring your own cameras and place them down the tunnel and maybe have the players mike'd up.
You have to do this just incase Armagh lose.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

PAULD123

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 23, 2012, 10:36:02 AM
...In the absence of a proper full back, Gordon spends more time there than he does at midfield. Rogers is more often injured than not and King has only ever shown that he is not good enough at this level.

I admire your confidence though, especially after your last visit to Armagh....

There was nothing confident about what I said. I said that either team could win it - where is the confidence in that? All I did was point out that we have conceded 11 points less than Armagh which brings in to question the assertion we have the worst defence in the league.

Poor Kalum King, never proved himself at this level has he, not even when he was All-Star nominated in 2010; yeah never proved himself to anyone at this level. As for Rogers he has had a long time injury and now is fit. Do you really mean to tell me you think you can dismiss a player because he used to be injured? Because I am sure you are aware that never in the history of sport has a player ever performed well after recovering from injury!!!

Agent Orange

RTE tipping Armagh

"Likely to need at least one win from the final games, this game will define the Orchard league's season and after a difficult week, they should end the bad run and have a firmer position for the final day."

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2012/0323/313292-down-looking-for-win-over-ulster-rivals-armagh/

mountainboii

under the bar

Who could rule out a Down romp in the park massacre for Armagh? 

borderfox

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 23, 2012, 01:48:33 PM
Just a word of warning to Down. Bring your own cameras and place them down the tunnel and maybe have the players mike'd up.
You have to do this just incase Armagh lose.

;D Cant see our fellow Brits sledging us in a partitionist way. Maybe we could all sing GSTQ together in the tunnel, Or perhaps take it down from the mast Irish Traitors would be more apt.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Mid Down Gael

See McKeever has had his suspension lifted pending on an investigation therefore freeing him to play tonight.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 24, 2012, 09:39:29 AM
See McKeever has had his suspension lifted pending on an investigation therefore freeing him to play tonight.

Would imagine he will lined out at 6 with Vernon in the MF instead of Carragher.  Certainly stronger for that but I reckon Down look a fair bit stronger around the middle and that could be key.  Lavery would be useful against King as both are similar beasts, great at winning ball but not the most mobile.  I would nearly push Lavery into MF instead of JP and push Padden into the FF line, particularly if McParland isn't fit.

Sheedy

was confident of a down win earlier in the week but less so now mckeever is back. his presence will give armagh a huge lift. still think we might just sneak it though. down to win by 2-3 pts.
nil satis nisi optimum

PAULD123

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 24, 2012, 10:00:59 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 24, 2012, 09:39:29 AM

Would imagine he will lined out at 6 with Vernon in the MF instead of Carragher.  Certainly stronger for that but I reckon Down look a fair bit stronger around the middle and that could be key.  Lavery would be useful against King as both are similar beasts, great at winning ball but not the most mobile.  I would nearly push Lavery into MF instead of JP and push Padden into the FF line, particularly if McParland isn't fit.
Lavery would indeed be capable of nulifying King. Armagh are suddenly a whole lot stronger. In one move their half back line is stronger andthe midfield is stronger. If BJP is released to the forwards then that is another strengthening. That means Armagh have two very inspirational players to fire them up.

down will need to be on their best form to win this one. Can't see much more than a few points in it. I have a sneaky feeling Down may build a good lead at some point but with McKeever and Vernon in their correct positions I can see Armagh coming back.

Oraisteach

Oraisteach

lawnseed

far too many hand passes from armagh in the middle third of the field giving down plenty of time to funnel back
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once