Congress Mass going ahead as planned

Started by shawshank, March 15, 2012, 03:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I think it's so self evident as not to require any further illustration. If you were trying to think up an example to append to Rule 7b by way of illustration of the sort of promotion of a particular religion that is prohibited, I don't think it would be possible to come up with a better one.

Can I ask you what interpretation of the rule allows for this type of official service for one religion as part of the schedule of the congress?

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 08:51:51 PM
I think it's so self evident as not to require any further illustration. If you were trying to think up an example to append to Rule 7b by way of illustration of the sort of promotion of a particular religion that is prohibited, I don't think it would be possible to come up with a better one.

Can I ask you what interpretation of the rule allows for this type of official service for one religion as part of the schedule of the congress?

Why don't you explain what "Official guide Part 1 rule 7b" is to the less enlightened such as myself?

mylestheslasher

Isnt there some sort of mass or blessing held in croke park on all ireland day too? Seem to recall sonething like that when i did the tour.

heffo

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 15, 2012, 08:59:35 PM
Isnt there some sort of mass or blessing held in croke park on all ireland day too? Seem to recall sonething like that when i did the tour.

There is a mass around 9.30am on the morning of both AI finals.

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on March 15, 2012, 08:56:22 PM

Why don't you explain what "Official guide Part 1 rule 7b" is to the less enlightened such as myself?

Stop playing the wounded innocent. I have not suggested you are less enlightened and I wouldn't pretend to be any better than you at reading such a straightforward sentence of English as Rule 7b. So why don't you read it and give me your interpretation of it that allows for the congress mass as I simply can't see it myself in the six words of that sentence?

For those who don't have access to the Official Guide, here is Rule 7b in its entirety:

"The Association shall be non-sectarian."

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 09:03:29 PM

Stop playing the wounded innocent. I have not suggested you are less enlightened and I wouldn't pretend to be any better than you at reading such a straightforward sentence of English as Rule 7b. So why don't you read it and give me your interpretation of it that allows for the congress mass as I simply can't see it myself in the six words of that sentence?

For those who don't have access to the Official Guide, here is Rule 7b in its entirety:

Who is being discriminated against in a Sectarian fashion by publishing details of a Catholic mass on the agenda?

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on March 15, 2012, 09:07:01 PM

Who is being discriminated against in a Sectarian fashion by publishing details of a Catholic mass on the agenda?

Where does Rule 7b say "nobody shall be discriminated against in a sectarian fashion"? Your question seems to refer to a non-existent rule or one I haven't seen. Discrimination is not the only manifestation of sectarianism. Promotion would be another. It's fairly simple. The Association shall be non-sectarian. How can it possibly be interpreted as non-sectarian to promote the religious services of one "sect" in the official schedule of the official congress of the Association?

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 09:14:01 PM

Where does Rule 7b say "nobody shall be discriminated against in a sectarian manner"? That seems to refer to a non-existent rule or one I haven't seen. Discrimination is not the only manifestation of sectarianism. Promotion would be another. It's fairly simple. The Association shall be non-sectarian. How can it possibly be interpreted as non-sectarian to promote the religious services of one "sect" in the official schedule of the official congress of the Association?

I fail to see what is sectarian about it.

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on March 15, 2012, 09:19:44 PM

Where does Rule 7b say "nobody shall be discriminated against in a sectarian manner"? That seems to refer to a non-existent rule or one I haven't seen. Discrimination is not the only manifestation of sectarianism. Promotion would be another. It's fairly simple. The Association shall be non-sectarian. How can it possibly be interpreted as non-sectarian to promote the religious services of one "sect" in the official schedule of the official congress of the Association?

You mean you fail to acknowledge. Perhaps you could present an argument, rather than a statement? Or an answer to my question?

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 09:21:33 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 15, 2012, 09:19:44 PM

You mean you fail to acknowledge. Perhaps you could present an argument, rather than a statement? Or an answer to my question?

You should make a complaint to the Guards that the GAA are committing hate crimes if you genuinely believe what you're saying.

Hardy

Still no argument in support of your statement?

(Where did hate suddenly arise from? You have a great line in misdirection. We're just talking about sectarianism. First you introduce discrimination, now hate. What next? )

Here's the simple question again:

How can it possibly be interpreted as non-sectarian to promote the religious services of one "sect" in the official schedule of the official congress of the Association?

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 09:29:39 PM
Still no argument in support of your statement?

(Where did hate suddenly arise from? You have a great line in misdirection. We're just talking about sectarianism. First you introduce discrimination, now hate. What next? )

Here's the simple question again:

How can it possibly be interpreted as non-sectarian to promote the religious services of one "sect" in the official schedule of the official congress of the Association?

Nor have you provided any argument - I asked you at the start to demonstrate your point.

Hardy

OK – obviously you're not able to answer my question and unable to make a case in support of your assertion, so it's not worth considering. Taking the piss and feigning stupidity is no substitute for debate.

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 09:38:39 PM
OK – obviously you're not able to answer my question and unable to make a case in support of your assertion

That's funny I was just about to post the exact same thing about you.

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on March 15, 2012, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2012, 09:38:39 PM
OK – obviously you're not able to answer my question and unable to make a case in support of your assertion

That's funny I was just about to post the exact same thing about you.