Roscommon 1-11 0-10 Mayo, Kiltoom FT

Ulster U21 Football quarter-finals
Cavan 1-11 1-05 Armagh, Kingspan Breffni Park FT
Derry 3-12 1-03 Monaghan, Celtic Park FT
Down 2-11 1-09 Antrim, Pairc Esler FT
Donegal 0-06 0-12 Tyrone, Omagh FT

ONeill

Final Score Tyrone 0-12 Donegal 0-6
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

naka

final score
1-11 to 1-5 for cavan

Captain Obvious

More disappointment for Armagh and that U-21 team promised so much.

mountainboii

Very poor result for Armagh. That's most of that 2009 minor through U21 without winning a single game. I had my suspicions that the combination of injuries, senior team commitments, and the effects of the shite scheduling of the club championship would lead to an early exit. Fair play to Cavan though, they've been doing rightly at underage level the last few years.

fitzroyalty

Fair play to Cavan is right and I hope they win the AI, but I half expected this result from Armagh. The best players have been slogging it out with the seniors all winter and that can't have boded too well for U21 preparation.

Dougal Maguire

I'm told Peter Carragher didn't make the team despite being in the senior squad. Not the first time McShane has abandoned players from his former club. I'm against favouritism of course but he seems to apply dis-favouritism
Careful now

ross4life

How did Jack Brady do for Cavan tonight? many changes from the game when we played them i see.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 21, 2012, 10:42:59 PM
I'm told Peter Carragher didn't make the team despite being in the senior squad. Not the first time McShane has abandoned players from his former club. I'm against favouritism of course bet he seems to apply dis-favouritism

Peter came off injured in Portlaoise on Sunday and sat on bench with an ice pack. That might have more to do with him not playing tonight me thinks

Westside

Sounds like Brady was quiet for Cavan tonight, Kevin Tierney was the man of the hour. Very surprised that Conor Finnegan didn't even make the squad. Really thought he'd be the Minor most suited to the step up to U21.

Derry fairly blew away the Farney lads. Were Derry brilliant or Monaghan poor or a mixture?

Peter OToole

Derry played well as a team but Monaghan were very poor. Be interesting to see how Derry cope with better oposition in Cavan.

Throw ball

As a matter of interest does anyone know the percentage of home teams are winning in this competition since it switched to midweek. I know Tyrone won away last week but they were always going to be too strong for Fermanagh. I seem to remember a lot of home teams winning last year too. Is the midweek travel effecting the chances of the travelling team?

sheamy

Quote from: Throw ball on March 22, 2012, 12:57:08 AM
As a matter of interest does anyone know the percentage of home teams are winning in this competition since it switched to midweek. I know Tyrone won away last week but they were always going to be too strong for Fermanagh. I seem to remember a lot of home teams winning last year too. Is the midweek travel effecting the chances of the travelling team?

I think you have a good point there. It's very difficult for teams to get up to speed properly after a days work and travelling away from home on a Wednesday night. It's a big factor. Why can these not be played on a saturday?

sheamy

Quote from: Peter OToole on March 22, 2012, 12:40:48 AM
Derry played well as a team but Monaghan were very poor. Be interesting to see how Derry cope with better oposition in Cavan.

That's a fair reflection I think. It's along way from Clones to Celtic Park and as Throw Ball says home advantage means a lot in this competition. Monaghan were slow getting out of the blocks and by the time they did the game was over. With Cavan Ulster u21 and minor champions, and beating the '09 minor champions, they're doing something right and will be hot favourites for the title now if Tyrone's injuries don't clear up.

western exile

Semi finals on 4th of April.

Cavan v. Derry
Down v. Tyrone

Venues TBC