Ulster U-21 Championship 2012

Started by omagh_gael, March 13, 2012, 06:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

How many of last years Tyrone u21 are available? Peter Harte, Mckenna, Mattie Donnelly were the key players last year but they are overage, Ronan O Neill is out injured. Cavan have done very well getting to the final as there is 4 or 5 key players missing, Paul Graham captain of the minors last year, Turloch Mooney, Barry Reilly, Paul O Connor were missing last night. I'd doubt if Reilly and O Connor will be back for the final.

LeoMc

Quote from: randomtask on April 04, 2012, 11:50:52 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 04, 2012, 11:33:14 PM
Tyrone Ref Eugene McConnell almost single handedly destroyed the Cavan Derry match, absolutely shocking bad. Well done to Cavan, much better team than Derry but Derry had a lot of fight and a real good outlet at FF in McGuckian. Should be a good final.

He is absolutely brutal, don't know how he is now refereeing at provincial level. One of these referees that wants to be at the centre of attention

We promoted him to reduce the number of Tyrone club games he can destroy.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on April 04, 2012, 09:28:42 PM
This'll be Cavan's third U21 final in a row. Current Ulster minor champions too. Kildare'll have some team in a couple of years.

8)
#newbridgeornowhere

mylestheslasher

Big match tomorrow. Given cavans injury woes i think this game is tyrones to lose. Hopefully our lads give a decent account of themselves. I expect tyrone will try to nullify the threat tierney poses and if they can do that they are half way to victory.

Captain Obvious

Would have to fancy Tyrone and they will be hard to stop in the All Ireland series.

Westside

We don't possess the same scoring threat from the midfield and half forward line as last year to take up the slack if Tierney is marshaled.. Flanagan, Killian Brady, Leddy, even Ray Lynch who will probably start in the corner. All workmanlike but none provide the same scoring threat as Gearoid, Murray and Smith did last year. Not to mention Barry's loss which is massive. Jack Brady has had a long year of Sigerson and O'Byrne cup and looks a bit jaded.

Attitude and effort may keep us in the game for a certain period but Tyrone have the individual class to win comfortably in the end. Still, great to be in the final, they've done themselves proud to get this far.

ONeill

Some clatter of cute hoors in the Breffni yet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Arrah lads, don't pull the old 'sure let's play it it Ulster' trick on us poor dopey westerners this time, alright?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 12:13:45 AM
Arrah lads, don't pull the old 'sure let's play it it Ulster' trick on us poor dopey westerners this time, alright?
The westerners will need the tricks of the trade to defeat the Ulster champions.

Westside

Roscommon are a decent outfit, they won't fear Tyrone.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 12:13:45 AM
Yerrah lads, don't pull the old 'sure let's play it it Ulster' trick on us poor dopey westerners this time, alright?

Fixed that.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Onlooker

Quote from: Westside on April 11, 2012, 12:40:32 AM
Roscommon are a decent outfit, they won't fear Tyrone.
Are you suggesting that they might fear Cavan. :) :)

Westside

Soon time to head off to Brewster. We're in for a wet and windy evening. Cavan have it all to do. Best of luck lads, it's our trophy, if they want it, make them earn it.
H'on Cavan.

trileacman

pushing the boat out here but is it televised?

Radio links?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Denn Forever

Sorry to do this to you but I think its on Northern Sound.

http://www.northernsound.ie/liveapp.php
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...