For those of you who are content to remain a region of Britain.........

Started by Feckitt, March 13, 2012, 08:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

For those of you in the North who are content to remain a region of Britain ( and every opinion poll ever took on the matter suggests that there are a huge number), consider what good old BBC Northern Ireland are doing for you on St Patrick's Day.

Our National Day is being celebrated by BBC NI by not showing a single programme that has got anything to do with Ireland, St Patrick, Northern Ireland even, Irish Music, Culture, Heritage, even an Irish Film.  Nada, Nothing, Nil, Zilch.

Here are a selection of some of the things that they are showing on St Patrick's Day,

- Dads Army
-Escape to the Country (Norfolk)
- How God made the English (A Chosen People?)
- Arena: The Dreams of William Golding.
and last but not least

- CROMWELL (Epic retelling of the clash between Oliver Cromwell & Charles I)

I'm not taking the piss about the Cromwell one, they are actually showing this on St Patrick's Day.

I went to a SF Uniting Ireland conference recently, and was quite disapointed because their route to a united Ireland was quite vague, and wishy washy.  I wish that someone at SF HQ would sit down and draw up a list of 10 things that the ordinary man on the street can do.  Ordinary people like me and you can do to bring a united Ireland closer, quicker.

Orior

But on the other hand, do the BBC show lots of Klu Klux Klan programmes on the glorious twelfth?

Nah, what I find amusing is the insistance by unionists that our national flag is banned on St Patricks day, in case it might offend those of a british persuasion. But there cant be enough butcher aprons being waved in your face on the twelfth.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LeoMc

They usually show the McRory cup and Schools Rugby!
Whats going on?

Rois

McRory Cup and Schools Rugby is on the bank holiday, the Monday

LeoMc

Fear ón Srath Bán

Britain is an island, and no part of the island of Ireland has ever been a part of Britain, no matter how magical it can be.  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sammymaguire

I am a proud Irish man but would not want to be governed by them pile of clowns in Dublin
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

armaghniac

QuoteI am a proud Irish man but would not want to be governed by them pile of clowns in Dublin

I think an unwillingness to accept the outcome of the democratic wishes of Irish people is exactly what characterises Unionists.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tubberman

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 13, 2012, 10:52:59 AM
I am a proud Irish man but would not want to be governed by them pile of clowns in Dublin

Who do you want to be governed by?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

johnneycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 13, 2012, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2012, 10:49:07 AM
Britain is an island, and no part of the island of Ireland has ever been a part of Britain, no matter how magical it can be.  :P
Correct.
(Great) Britain = England, Scotland & Wales
UK = Britain & Northern Ireland/D'north/Occupied 6/Ulster x 0.6666666666666666666667

De black north?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

+ 1, I am sick to death of explaining to people that while Northern Ireland/6 counties of Ireland or 15% of Ireland is in the United Kingdom no part of Ireland is or ever has been part of Britain/Great Britain.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on March 13, 2012, 11:38:25 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 13, 2012, 10:52:59 AM

Who do you want to be governed by?

Back to Castlebar! (The 1798 Republic's capital), Kilkenny!, Tara perhaps!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Feckitt on March 13, 2012, 08:24:43 AM
For those of you in the North who are content to remain a region of Britain ( and every opinion poll ever took on the matter suggests that there are a huge number), consider what good old BBC Northern Ireland are doing for you on St Patrick's Day.

Our National Day is being celebrated by BBC NI by not showing a single programme that has got anything to do with Ireland, St Patrick, Northern Ireland even, Irish Music, Culture, Heritage, even an Irish Film.  Nada, Nothing, Nil, Zilch.

Here are a selection of some of the things that they are showing on St Patrick's Day,

- Dads Army
-Escape to the Country (Norfolk)
- How God made the English (A Chosen People?)
- Arena: The Dreams of William Golding.
and last but not least

- CROMWELL (Epic retelling of the clash between Oliver Cromwell & Charles I)

I'm not taking the piss about the Cromwell one, they are actually showing this on St Patrick's Day.

I went to a SF Uniting Ireland conference recently, and was quite disapointed because their route to a united Ireland was quite vague, and wishy washy.  I wish that someone at SF HQ would sit down and draw up a list of 10 things that the ordinary man on the street can do.  Ordinary people like me and you can do to bring a united Ireland closer, quicker.

We have RTE and TV3 and TG4 up north ya know. Be watching the Club finals followed by England V Ireland in the rugby.

As for your last question, have more kids?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2012, 11:25:24 AMI think an unwillingness to accept the outcome of the democratic wishes of Irish people is exactly what characterises Unionists.

http://www.nio.gov.uk/agreement.pdf
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

haranguerer

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 13, 2012, 12:20:12 PM

+ 1, I am sick to death of explaining to people that while Northern Ireland/6 counties of Ireland or 15% of Ireland is in the United Kingdom no part of Ireland is or ever has been part of Britain/Great Britain.

Who do you be explaining this to out of interest?