Dublin v Armagh Sunday 11th March

Started by Orior, March 08, 2012, 11:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

The Armagh team for Sunday's National Football League against Dublin is as follows:

1. Philip McAvoy

2. Andy Mallon
3. Brendan Donaghy
4. Declan McKenna

5. Kevin Dyas
6. Ciaran McKeever
7. Paul Duffy

8. James Lavery
9. John Kingham

10. Aidan Forker
11. Malachy Mackin
12. Colm Watters

13. Caolan Rafferty
14. Anto Duffy
15. Brian Mallon
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armaghgeddon

Should be a good game, while Armagh have been able to draw with Cork and beat Kerry, I think Dublin will win with a few points to spare, dont think we have the firepower to win.

Keane

What do people think of the shake up around the middle third? No Vernon?

armaghranger12

Waters deserves a chance after playing well last week when he came on, Mackin is Armagh best player so far this season. Forker is reliable from free and can score from play. Overall I think we have a good half forward line.

I can also see changes been made before the game starts. Duffy full forward? Maybe 3rd midfielder with his height and engine.

Should make for a good game but think Dublin could have to much in reserve.

BennyCake

Quote from: Keane on March 09, 2012, 01:03:23 PM

Vernon is over-rated. Has one good game every 10. A bit like Marsden was. I don't rate Lavery highly, but I'm interested to see how he gets on.

Midman

Quote from: BennyCake on March 09, 2012, 01:16:25 PM

Vernon is overrated. Has one good game every 10. A bit like Marsden was. I don't rate Lavery highly, but I'm interested to see how he gets on.

If anything Marsden was underrated, he carried Armagh prior to the glory days and sacrificed his natural game during them. Without Mardsen no All Ireland would have coem to Armagh.

Vernon so far is mostly unfulfilled potential

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: BennyCake on March 09, 2012, 01:16:25 PM

Vernon is over-rated. Has one good game every 10. A bit like Marsden was. I don't rate Lavery highly, but I'm interested to see how he gets on.

Im not taking anything you say serious again, worst post of the year, also Vernon is injured!!

ardchieftain

BIT LIKE MARSDEN ???
are you taking the piss??

armaghranger12

Benny cake is right about Veron tho. Overrated form he left minors, but as for marsden he was a great player

Fuzzman

Can't believe there's only 1 page on this game.
I thought we were bad with just moving onto page 2 with Westmead

Captain Obvious

On paper it looks like another Armagh defeat although this is inconsistent Armagh so probably another win.

BennyCake

I see the Clans men are getting a bit touchy on the Marsden thing  ;D

On his day, Marsden was a great player. But he had many average games for Armagh. Every now and again, he produced a brilliant performance, but considering his talent, those brilliant performances weren't often enough.

fitzroyalty

Jesus bennycake. You must have only watched Armagh "now and again".  ::)

BennyCake

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 09, 2012, 06:10:29 PM
Jesus bennycake. You must have only watched Armagh "now and again".  ::)

Rarely missed an Armagh game in over 20 years, fitz.

Maybe the time that has passed since his retirement, has helped build up the legend that is Diarmuid Marsden. A great servant, don't get me wrong. But he did have alot of ordinary games for Armagh.

bigpaul

Benny f**kin' stupid Cake!!!!!!!!!!! There is some shit spouted on this board by ass-holes who think they are, or, know something. Your assertion on Diarmuid Marsden is THEstupidest thing I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know a man who has been taking his dog to football for twenty years,I am convinced his dog still knows f**k-all about the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!