All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 30, 2012, 02:15:36 AM
OK, I know this question may irritate Shane's nose like a wire toilet brush, but any of you lads/lassies know what radio station is carrying the match?  Thanks.

You may not thank me but Northern Sound or their sister station Shannonside may be doing it.

Northern Sound - http://www.northernsound.ie/liveapp.php

Shannonside - http://www.shannonside.ie/liveapp.php
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

Midlands are bound to be covering it seeing as it's a Westmeath team.
Wouldn't really expect Shannonside to do any more than update reports.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

But aren't Athlone and Lough Ree in Westmeath and doesn't the Shannon flows through them?

And remember Lough Ree, where the 3 counties meet, Longford, Westmeath and Roscommon.

Midlands Radio - http://dev.sharp-stream.com/stuarttest/midlands103.html
means what he says...

Rossfan

It's a very wide river down around them parts .
However if Willie Hegarty wants to go out to the spot in Lough Ree where the 3 Counties meet.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shantygael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 27, 2012, 09:13:28 AM
Martyimus, Maximux Cuntyius Duffyum is the ref for the replay.  Expect many cartaí buí agus dearg :'(
couldnt have described him better myself
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

blast05

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 30, 2012, 10:04:34 AM
Quote from: blast05 on March 29, 2012, 10:51:11 PM
Good stuff.
One comment ... comments on here and elsewhere in advance of the draw regarding Garrycastles midfield were along the lines of 'best midfield seen at this level in years'. They were wiped in the drawn game and while the talking-up of them before the draw was overdone, I can't see them being wiped again. The very wide open spaces of Croker along with it being a very 'fast' pitch did not suit them and I would be surprised if they did not have more of an influence in the replay.
Croke Park dimensions 144m x 86m
Breffni Park 143m x 86m.
Pitch size is not going to be an issue and they are a similar surface so if it is "faster" or "slower" I don't know but I don't see the oitch being the winning and losing of the midfield battle. I would suggest that the level of work rate around the lose ball will be the winning and losing of the midfield.
Wow. I've played a few times in Breffini years back but time must be playing tricks with my memories.!
Still don't see it playing as fast as Croker though despite all the good weather

stew

To BC and Crossmaglen Rangers, all the best, now get out there and consolidate your position as the single greatest club team of all time.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

shark

Quote from: stew on March 31, 2012, 01:32:42 PM
To BC and Crossmaglen Rangers, all the best, now get out there and consolidate your position as the single greatest club team of all time.

Would this not be considered a 'new' Crossmaglen team? The majority would have 1, maybe 2 All-Ireland medals?  Could hardy be considered a better team than their predecessors (yet!).

Think Cross will put great emphasis on making a good start.  If they can do that, then I can't see them being beaten. 

Midman

any easy way to watch it on tg4 website from abroad?? cant get to a bar to watch it

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Denn Forever

Dé Sathairn, 31.03
BEO

Craobh Club AIB - Cluiche Ceannais Peile (Athimirt)

Caisleán an Gharraí (An Iarmhí) -vs- Raonaithe na Croise (Ard Mhacha)
Páirc Bhreffni, An Cabhán - 17:00

means what he says...

armaghniac

Hopefully St Paul's victory has set the tone. Come on Cross!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Denn Forever

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 30, 2012, 07:00:07 PM
But aren't Athlone and Lough Ree in Westmeath and doesn't the Shannon flows through them?

And remember Lough Ree, where the 3 counties meet, Longford, Westmeath and Roscommon.

Midlands Radio - http://dev.sharp-stream.com/stuarttest/midlands103.html

For those abroad, this is the one working unless you want the death notices.
means what he says...

The Trap

Well Garrycastle, if you want to give it.........you have to take it!