All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

A question about season tickets? Can you cancel your ticket when the league is over, or will you be charged for any championship game your county is in?

Maguire01

Quote from: BennyCake on March 26, 2012, 12:35:04 AM
A question about season tickets? Can you cancel your ticket when the league is over, or will you be charged for any championship game your county is in?
You can cancel but you've already paid for the first championship game.

tonto1888

Dougal Maguire

The All Ireland Colleges B Final involving St Paul's Bessbrook is the curtain raiser. Hopefully the Cross supporters will get in early and give plenty of support to the St Paul's lads
Careful now

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

brokencrossbar1

Martyimus, Maximux Cuntyius Duffyum is the ref for the replay.  Expect many cartaĆ­ buĆ­ agus dearg :'(

Applesisapples

Maybe not given the whole furore over the original fixture and referees in subsequent matches I wouldn't be surprised if Marty is told to let it go unless it's really obvious.

crossfire

Could some of the Cavan posters suggest somewhere to park in Town Centre within walking distance of Breffni.

My wife wants to do some shopping prior to the game.

Denn Forever

There is a Multi story carpark in the middle of town.  A walk up to Breffni park from there (a 10 minutes stroll) as long as you don't slip into a pub on the way.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

Armaghniac, A chara

Use your Season Ticket Card to gain entry to the AIB Senior Football Club All Ireland Final Replay(details below):

Crossmaglen Rangers V Garrycastle

Breffni Park,Cavan at 5pm

Season Ticket Stiles  26, 47, 38 (One on each side of venue)

The oul seasoner is good value this year, especially when Armagh qualify for the league semi-finals!!!!  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

blast05

Good stuff.
One comment ... comments on here and elsewhere in advance of the draw regarding Garrycastles midfield were along the lines of 'best midfield seen at this level in years'. They were wiped in the drawn game and while the talking-up of them before the draw was overdone, I can't see them being wiped again. The very wide open spaces of Croker along with it being a very 'fast' pitch did not suit them and I would be surprised if they did not have more of an influence in the replay.

emmetryan

Perhaps although I think the wide open space helped their high line as well as Cross had more work to do to get the ball upfield. I know Croker is the maximum dimensions, or close to it, any idea how much smaller Breffni Park is? Having gone to quite a few games this year the variance in pitch size around the county grounds really is something.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Oraisteach

OK, I know this question may irritate Shane's nose like a wire toilet brush, but any of you lads/lassies know what radio station is carrying the match?  Thanks.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: blast05 on March 29, 2012, 10:51:11 PM
Good stuff.
One comment ... comments on here and elsewhere in advance of the draw regarding Garrycastles midfield were along the lines of 'best midfield seen at this level in years'. They were wiped in the drawn game and while the talking-up of them before the draw was overdone, I can't see them being wiped again. The very wide open spaces of Croker along with it being a very 'fast' pitch did not suit them and I would be surprised if they did not have more of an influence in the replay.

Croke Park dimensions 144m x 86m
Breffni Park 143m x 86m.

Pitch size is not going to be an issue and they are a similar surface so if it is "faster" or "slower" I don't know but I don't see the oitch being the winning and losing of the midfield battle.  I would suggest that the level of work rate around the lose ball will be the winning and losing of the midfield.