Could anyone help with sociology dissertation on sports?

Started by Hyuihr, February 29, 2012, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hashtag on March 02, 2012, 08:20:33 AM
I refused to do this. Something about posting your questionnaire's online seems lazy to me. I mean whatever happened to the man on the street with a clipboard 'can I trouble you for a moment of your time?'
#lazytaxdodgers

I can't believe you're so lazy to be posting your opinions online instead of writing out personal letters to all contributors hereon, or at the very least, convening a public meeting!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thejuice

Nuair a bhí mé ar scoil dúirt muid 'críochnaithe' ach ní 'a dhéanamh'.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hyuihr

@Hashtag: As I said, I'm studying at the University of Warwick so I'm not actually in the country where my study is centred. Also, a dissertation is only 25% of my final-year assessment, so I have to juggle the data collection with my other workload. For both reasons (not to mention a few others), it would be virtually impossible for me to get the data I need by approaching people in the street.

5 Sams

done...I assume you have posted this on AFR, Reservoirdubs, Kerry Gaa Board, etc, etc...the lads are usually v helpful
The Aristocrat Years

EagleLord

Romeo Dunn! I found that very interesting! Good luck!

MW

ziggysego

Quote from: MW on March 05, 2012, 11:24:08 PM
Completed (he said trying to be different).

You always were a bit different...... ;)
Testing Accessibility

Hyuihr

Thanks for all the bumps. I best chip in with one myself.

Hyuihr

Hi,
Will be wrapping up the survey at the end of the week to start working with the data. Hopefully get a few more responses in before then. Very appreciative to all who have helped me out in taking the survey and keeping the bumps ticking over. For any who might be interested, will let you know how many responses it totals.

Tony Baloney

Have you put it up on the rugby and OWC soccer forum? If not someone might do it.

Hyuihr

Cheers Tony; I got to all 4 provinces for the rugby and OWC as well.

Sorry for the delays, things got hectic with essay deadlines and exams.
The survey gathered steam again around Easter and was downloaded for the final write-up at 1,236 responses. I was very pleased with the total, it left plenty of data to plough through and I hope I did it justice. Thanks to all those who helped. I'll come back on to provide a summary after I've received my final mark for the project; should be end of the month or thereabouts.
Cheers and all the best.