Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 29, 2015, 09:30:03 AM
There's no away goals rule in the play-offs.  Going by the last 30 mons of last night's game I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rangers winning the return leg 2-0 or 3-0.
Hopefully.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2015, 11:34:02 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 29, 2015, 09:30:03 AM
There's no away goals rule in the play-offs.  Going by the last 30 mons of last night's game I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rangers winning the return leg 2-0 or 3-0.
Hopefully.

Hopefully not!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

red hander

Quote from: illdecide on May 29, 2015, 11:33:14 AM
Nah can't see them winning 3-0 at Motherwell TBH. I was sort of looking forward to playing them next year but that now looks unlikely.

You never know, what with Scottish refs and their propensity to favour the Huns cos that's what they're told to do by the powers that be.I don't really trust Motherwell to do this (I hope I'm wrong) for they have always bent over and taken it from Rangers... always

clarshack

if i am not mistaken, hibs were in a similar position after the 1st leg last year so you never know.

interesting though that motherwell finally get a win over rangers when mccall is no longer their manager.

deiseach

Quote from: clarshack on May 29, 2015, 04:45:06 PM
if i am not mistaken, hibs were in a similar position after the 1st leg last year so you never know.

interesting though that motherwell finally get a win over rangers when mccall is no longer their manager.

You are correct, Hibs won 2-0 away to Hamilton only to lose the home leg 2-0 and go out on penalties. Still, you'd rather be in Motherwell's brogues.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on May 29, 2015, 04:41:53 PM
Nah can't see them winning 3-0 at Motherwell TBH. I was sort of looking forward to playing them next year but that now looks unlikely.

You never know, what with Scottish refs and their propensity to favour the Huns cos that's what they're told to do by the powers that be.I don't really trust Motherwell to do this (I hope I'm wrong) for they have always bent over and taken it from Rangers... always

That's what it is after all this time... All the referees are huns!! Makes soooooo much sense now... Grow da fcuk up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

angermanagement

[/b]

Motherwell hadn't won at Ibrox for 18 years, McCall was still a Rangers player but as long as it suits the Celtic supporters myth that everyone lies down to Rangers don't let the truth get in the way.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: angermanagement on May 30, 2015, 12:59:25 AM

[/b]

Motherwell hadn't won at Ibrox for 18 years, McCall was still a Rangers player but as long as it suits the Celtic supporters myth that everyone lies down to Rangers don't let the truth get in the way.
While I don't agree with the McCall comment - there is an element of truth in that clubs more so than players lie down to rangers.
If you don't understand this or don't understand that most match officials would be rangers minded at least - -as an earlier poster didn't seem to understand - then you maybe haven't seen the Scottish game at close quarters.  Why these surprise people actually surprise me!
It's no prob for the same kinds of folk to shout similar accusations about Dublin in Gaelic football.
We have seen state sponsored collusion in the six counties a couple of decades ago!

Scotland's team is Rangers. Apart from the bastions in independence like Aberdeen or Edinburgh or Dundee - everyone else supports their local side but will have as big a passion for rangers or Celtic as well ( about 75:25).
That's the way things are.
The other big clubs from locations mentioned earlier - they hate Celtic and rangers- actually from what I'm told by friends who are fans of these clubs - they utterly despise rangers!

There is no comparison between Celtic and rangers. There are some decent enough rangers fans but there are a huge amount of Huns - sectarian sc**bag spastics.

I hope Motherwell win as the spl is a happier ( but cash poorer) place without the spastic Hun hoards.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2015, 09:49:30 AM
Don't hold back son
It wasn't meant to sound like a rant - but just my observations on Scottish soccer in the 20+ years I've been going over to games
Scotland is actually developing in the opposite way to the six counties . In the 6 counties apathy following the 40 years of warfare has crept in and people are in general losing their high levels of pure hatred for the other side. It's prob a big dislike now down from hatred. Though pockets of partisans remain! Mostly east coast if not just greater Belfast.

Scotland seems to be going the other way with more division between native scots wasps people from historically  Irish and foreign heritage.

Hopefully the snp thing will unite rather than divide but I'm not sure it will. If Scotland ever got independence I would expect the place to get worse though!
IMO

I know you are a die hard hurling man mr2 and dislike Celtic - and knowing a good few Celtic fans from your neck of the woods I'd understand your perspective. Slightly knackery folk.
However nothing in comparison to the hun spastics I have encountered on my travels.

From the Bunker

You'd have to think with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the second tier this season that it was good for Scottish football as it spread the wealth to the lesser supported clubs. Attendances were up 320% in the Championship. While the Premiership was only down 15%. The only way forward really for Scottish football is to amalgamate a lot of these semi-professional clubs. As well as that Dundee and Edinburgh having two clubs wastes so much resources. But you won't understandably change that, tradition and loyalty are hard to change.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

lynchbhoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 30, 2015, 12:44:17 PM
You'd have to think with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the second tier this season that it was good for Scottish football as it spread the wealth to the lesser supported clubs. Attendances were up 320% in the Championship. While the Premiership was only down 15%. The only way forward really for Scottish football is to amalgamate a lot of these semi-professional clubs. As well as that Dundee and Edinburgh having two clubs wastes so much resources. But you won't understandably change that, tradition and loyalty are hard to change.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm
Can't disagree with any of that. Must mean I agree!

Also think that at least Celtic should go to English league and prob will eventually.
Then they leave a second team to play in Scottish league ( bit like barca and barca b teams in top two Spanish divisions !)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 30, 2015, 10:38:12 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2015, 09:49:30 AM
Don't hold back son
It wasn't meant to sound like a rant - but just my observations on Scottish soccer in the 20+ years I've been going over to games
Scotland is actually developing in the opposite way to the six counties . In the 6 counties apathy following the 40 years of warfare has crept in and people are in general losing their high levels of pure hatred for the other side. It's prob a big dislike now down from hatred. Though pockets of partisans remain! Mostly east coast if not just greater Belfast.

Scotland seems to be going the other way with more division between native scots wasps people from historically  Irish and foreign heritage.

Hopefully the snp thing will unite rather than divide but I'm not sure it will. If Scotland ever got independence I would expect the place to get worse though!
IMO

I know you are a die hard hurling man mr2 and dislike Celtic - and knowing a good few Celtic fans from your neck of the woods I'd understand your perspective. Slightly knackery folk.
However nothing in comparison to the hun spastics I have encountered on my travels.

I get it I understand the deep rooted hatred by Rangers fans, feck I worked in the Shipyard for over 12 years so I've seen that hatred firsthand.  Its vile and disturbing and doesn't seem to be getting any better but..... Christ its hard to listen to the conspiracy theories that fly about... The SPL is a poorer league without Rangers in it on terms of competition to celtic

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2015, 12:13:39 AM

That's what it is after all this time... All the referees are huns!! Makes soooooo much sense now... Grow da fcuk up
Ack look at the history, it's as obvious as the nose on yer face, unless you lost yer nose in an industrial accident in all those years in the shipyard

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on May 30, 2015, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2015, 12:13:39 AM

Ack look at the history, it's as obvious as the nose on yer face, unless you lost yer nose in an industrial accident in all those years in the shipyard

I'm not blinkered either, that's why I asked the question, are all the referees huns and supporters of rangers??