Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: rrhf on February 05, 2015, 07:02:11 PM
This has to be the biggest insult of all.

He should a different one of them in goal each game for the craic.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: take_yer_points on February 05, 2015, 10:16:59 AM
Quote from: angermanagement on February 02, 2015, 11:54:35 PM
I see Rangers have signed 5 Newcastle reserves including Shane Ferguson from Derry.

It will be interesting to see what Mike Ashley intends to do with Rangers.

Going to use them as the Newcastle B team to get his Newcastle players some playing time by the sounds of it. The Rangers manager saying this morning that all 5 loanees must play in every game if they're fit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31145792

Rangers: Newcastle loan players must play if fit - Kenny McDowall

Rangers manager Kenny McDowall claims he has been told by the club that the five loan signings made from Newcastle must be in his starting XI if fit.

Midfielders Gael Bigirimana and Haris Vuckic, defenders Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete and left-sided Northern Ireland cap Shane Ferguson joined on Monday.

McDowall says he has been told by chief executive Derek Llambias and football board chairman Sandy Easdale that the quintet must start every game.

Rangers play Raith Rovers on Sunday.

The Scottish Cup fifth-round match at Ibrox, which will be shown live on BBC One Scotland, is a break from the Championship for Rangers where they trail Hearts by 16 points in the race for the title and the automatic promotion place that comes with it.

McDowall, who took over from Ally McCoist on 19 January when he was placed on gardening leave, recently handed in his notice to resign, just as McCoist had.

He is now working a 12-month notice period.

More to follow.

Dysfunction like sectarianism only works if the system is isolated from the outside world and there is no outside influence. I remember talking to someone from Edinburgh about Scottish Provident, which was an insurance company. Catholics were barred from joining the company for over 100 years and the first catholic was taken on in 1992. But a few years later it was bought by a Spanish company run by catholics. ;)

Anyone coming in from outside needs too much time to adapt to the parameters of sectarianism and honestly who gives a f**k anyway?
If you are born in Tipp or Chelmsford you can go your whole life without looking down on Taigs/Huns (delete where appropriate).

The problem for the Old firm model is that Rangers is now in the orbit of someone from the real world and he just wants to get some results so if necessary he'll put 11 catholics on the team.   

Football is a money thing now.

Franko

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31160187

Fr Michael Duffy: Baffled priest praised for Celtic move

A priest in New York has spoken of his surprise at receiving online messages congratulating him on signing for Celtic Football Club.

Fr Michael Duffy shares the same name as the young Derry City winger who has signed for the Scottish champions.

While the two men are different in many ways, the only thing that separates them on Twitter is an underscore.

"I started receiving congratulations messages from people in Ireland," Fr Duffy told BBC Radio Foyle.

"I was looking at their names and thought, my goodness, I don't know who these people are and why they're congratulating me.

"I finally found out that the other Michael Duffy signed with the Celtics - I've never in my life before been confused with a professional athlete, so it was a first for me.

"My Twitter handle is @michaelduffy while his is @michaelduffy_ with an underscore after it."

Fr Duffy admits he had never heard of Celtic or Derry City before the mix-up.

"I only watch soccer if it happens to be at the world cup or if someone else is watching it, but here in New York we have a lot of international priests coming to us from Ghana or South America, so I'd watch a game with them," he said.

However, he says he wishes the young footballer well and congratulated him on achieving his boyhood dream of playing for Celtic.

"We're proud to be Duffys today," he said.

So a Catholic Priest in New York who occasionally watches football had never heard of Celtic.

Worldwide fan base me arse!

gallsman

Based on the name, reasonable to suggest he'd be Irish American too.

Don't worry though, once Celtic reach the premier league land of milk and honey their marketing budget will go through the roof and there won't be a priest about without a replica jersey...

Nigel White

Quote from: Franko on February 06, 2015, 02:18:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31160187

Fr Michael Duffy: Baffled priest praised for Celtic move

A priest in New York has spoken of his surprise at receiving online messages congratulating him on signing for Celtic Football Club.

Fr Michael Duffy shares the same name as the young Derry City winger who has signed for the Scottish champions.

While the two men are different in many ways, the only thing that separates them on Twitter is an underscore.

"I started receiving congratulations messages from people in Ireland," Fr Duffy told BBC Radio Foyle.

"I was looking at their names and thought, my goodness, I don't know who these people are and why they're congratulating me.

"I finally found out that the other Michael Duffy signed with the Celtics - I've never in my life before been confused with a professional athlete, so it was a first for me.

"My Twitter handle is @michaelduffy while his is @michaelduffy_ with an underscore after it."

Fr Duffy admits he had never heard of Celtic or Derry City before the mix-up.

"I only watch soccer if it happens to be at the world cup or if someone else is watching it, but here in New York we have a lot of international priests coming to us from Ghana or South America, so I'd watch a game with them," he said.

However, he says he wishes the young footballer well and congratulated him on achieving his boyhood dream of playing for Celtic.

"We're proud to be Duffys today," he said.

So a Catholic Priest in New York who occasionally watches football had never heard of Celtic.

Wrong, a Catholic Priest in New York who rarely watches football

Bingo

Quote from: Franko on February 06, 2015, 02:18:30 PM

This did make me laugh  ;D

dec

I finally found out that the other Michael Duffy signed with the Celtics

deiseach

Celtic and Rangers are two sides of the same coin. Celtic fans gets confused over the identity of Michael Duffy. Rangers fans get confused over the identity of Mr Custard.

T Fearon

Celtic and Rangers are modern professional clubs with special respective attachments to two core communities.Neither club endorses sectarianism nowadays,and have done as much as could be expected of them to detach themselves from this.

T Fearon

I see that Celtic brought the young Rangers fan split with a bottle,along with his twin brother and their father to Lennoxtown to watch the Bhoys train on Friday,and take penalties etc.The father thanked the club for giving his boys a day to remember.

From the Bunker

Rangers beaten by Raith Rovers in the Cup!  :)

illdecide

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2015, 07:23:27 PM
Rangers beaten by Raith Rovers in the Cup!  :)

Not that big of a shock TBH...Two teams are fairly evenly matched...I've been saying it for months now but i think they'll go tits up again before Aug this year
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

From the Bunker

Yeah, it was no real surprise. Both in the same tier League wise. Just that Rangers were playing at home. If Rangers don't get promoted this season they are fecked. And if they do get promoted they are fecked as well. It's Gas!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2015, 09:57:12 AM
I see that Celtic brought the young Rangers fan split with a bottle,along with his twin brother and their father to Lennoxtown to watch the Bhoys train on Friday,and take penalties etc.The father thanked the club for giving his boys a day to remember.

That's two days he'll never forget, getting ambushed by Celtic thugs and watching second rate footballers kick a ball about at training.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nigel White

Could be worse, they could have been taken to watch Antrim training, or worse still, to watch them playing