Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Of course the extreme loons are not representative of the majority but you have to admit, it's a great place for them to thrive?

Also think the rivalry between the clubs is being exploited by the people who are solely interested in making money from the bigotry. Taking it away would be bad for business
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

snoopdog

Scum, take the sectarian hatred out of it and neither would be any bigger than hearts and hibs.  attacking a 10 year old is disgraceful, ironic that he is a rangers supporter with a name like Keiran Duffy, unless i read it wrong.

illdecide

Quote from: snoopdog on February 04, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
Scum, take the sectarian hatred out of it and neither would be any bigger than hearts and hibs.  attacking a 10 year old is disgraceful, ironic that he is a rangers supporter with a name like Keiran Duffy, unless i read it wrong.

snoop read it carefully. They didn't attack a 10 year old boy, they threw a bottle at a mini bus which the 10 year old boy was sitting in by the window... That is not defence of it BTW as I've already commented earlier of what I thought of the pr**ks that carried this attack out.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

deiseach

It's funny - not in a ha ha kind of way - watching the Scottish media stoking up the furnaces of war before the game then engaging in some epic finger-wagging when people get hurt. It all sells papers so a win-win for them.

T Fearon

In any context,an Orange V Green clash is going to attract knuckle draggers.We in this part of the world should not indulge in pot-kettle-black hypocrisy of Celtic and Rangers.We have more than our fair share of similarly motivated loons here,we even vote for them!

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on February 04, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
In any context,an Orange V Green clash is going to attract knuckle draggers.We in this part of the world should not indulge in pot-kettle-black hypocrisy of Celtic and Rangers.We have more than our fair share of similarly motivated loons here,we even vote for them!
This type of drunk fuelled  wanton violence happens post match at most derbies and glasgow is no different to manchester or liverpool in this regard.
These drunk thugs, are not a part of the general football support who behave well.

T Fearon

charlieTully

A stupid random act of violence that could not be excused under any circumstances.
violence is not unique to celtic rangers games. A quick youtube search shows up any amount of violent incidents amongst fans of many sports. One doesn't have to look to far to find them within our own sport. No sectarian excuse there just the lowest common dominator? I'll not bother with links. Im sure the vast majority of posters don't have to think to hard to remember violent incidents within their own club or county.

T Fearon

Furthermore, Derry Catholic and former GAA player Shane Ferguson has been loaned to Rangers from Newcastle.Not as much as a whimper.That shows how much progress has been made,and both clubs Celtic and Rangers work closely together on anti sectarianism initiatives.

tiempo

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2015, 04:39:11 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on February 04, 2015, 04:29:50 PM

snoop read it carefully. They didn't attack a 10 year old boy, they threw a bottle at a mini bus which the 10 year old boy was sitting in by the window... That is not defence of it BTW as I've already commented earlier of what I thought of the pr**ks that carried this attack out.

Ah so this wasn't an attack on 10 year olds, or boys, or football supporters, it was an attack on a bus. All those buses out there getting in the way of progress, why cant we all just get along.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on February 04, 2015, 11:26:00 PM
Furthermore, Derry Catholic and former GAA player Shane Ferguson has been loaned to Rangers from Newcastle.Not as much as a whimper.That shows how much progress has been made,and both clubs Celtic and Rangers work closely together on anti sectarianism initiatives.

Someone didn't like the move

take_yer_points

Quote from: angermanagement on February 02, 2015, 11:54:35 PM
I see Rangers have signed 5 Newcastle reserves including Shane Ferguson from Derry.

It will be interesting to see what Mike Ashley intends to do with Rangers.

Going to use them as the Newcastle B team to get his Newcastle players some playing time by the sounds of it. The Rangers manager saying this morning that all 5 loanees must play in every game if they're fit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31145792

Rangers: Newcastle loan players must play if fit - Kenny McDowall

Rangers manager Kenny McDowall claims he has been told by the club that the five loan signings made from Newcastle must be in his starting XI if fit.

Midfielders Gael Bigirimana and Haris Vuckic, defenders Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete and left-sided Northern Ireland cap Shane Ferguson joined on Monday.

McDowall says he has been told by chief executive Derek Llambias and football board chairman Sandy Easdale that the quintet must start every game.

Rangers play Raith Rovers on Sunday.

The Scottish Cup fifth-round match at Ibrox, which will be shown live on BBC One Scotland, is a break from the Championship for Rangers where they trail Hearts by 16 points in the race for the title and the automatic promotion place that comes with it.

McDowall, who took over from Ally McCoist on 19 January when he was placed on gardening leave, recently handed in his notice to resign, just as McCoist had.

He is now working a 12-month notice period.

More to follow.

rrhf

This has to be the biggest insult of all.