Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Not condoning this in any way,but a Rangers fan trolled Kris Commins mocking the death of his still born child,and Scott Brown's sister who died with cancer

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2015, 06:28:07 PM
Not condoning this in any way,but a Rangers fan trolled Kris Commins mocking the death of his still born child,and Scott Brown's sister who died with cancer

Yeah Tony I seen that earlier...wtf is wrong with some people. That's just disgusting
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

These people have no interest in football,just latch onto it for perverse reasons

Old yeller

How much does a ticket to a SPL game at Celtic?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2015, 06:28:07 PM

You're not condoning it yet you feel the need to put them in the same sentence?  If they were directly related, fair enough but they are just examples of the types of wankstains that follow both clubs.  Just condemn without a 'but' in the sentence for once.

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2015, 07:23:26 PM
These people have no interest in football,just latch onto it for perverse reasons

Plenty of genuine fans of course but there's no denying its a great environment for haters to hate and when the hate fuelled chanting starts, it seems a lot of these genuine fans run with the pack and legitimise these people from what you see posted ont internet.....hence why its a great place to be a hater
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

Bit like July 12th.I have no great problems with banter,or 90 minutes of bigotry even, it can be a release valve, but not violence under any circumstances.

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2015, 09:35:32 PM
Bit like July 12th.I have no great problems with banter,or 90 minutes of bigotry even, it can be a release valve, but not violence under any circumstances.
release valve is good.

T Fearon

Celtic ticket with booking fee,around the £30 mark,but prices always hiked for Rangers games

Main Street

Quote from: Bingo on February 03, 2015, 09:49:49 AM
This nonsense always comes up and the same people come out with the same ifs, buts and maybes.

Why would the Football league and/or premier league want or need Celtic. As things currently stand they are seeing increasing TV money, maintaining crowds at all clubs and have a healthy relegation and promotion system that is seeing new teams moving between divisions all the time.

If Celtic entered the football league and worked their way up, it would take them years. Its not as if Football league clubs are rolling in TV money and Celtics European money would be gone. They'd be totally reliant on season income to pay the bills and that wouldn't get them too far. They would have to seriously gamble to make it into the top flight.

Celtic been who they are is all well and good but money talks and players will follow the money and the lifestyle. They will struggle to offer this to the players they will need.

And do you's really think that the famous Champions league nights would really happen again if they did manage to make it out of Scotland?  ::)
I can't see it happening myself, Celtic going south.
I'd much prefer a better quality SPL and with the demise of Rangers, a side effect of that has seen a rise in the quality of the other teams in the SPL. Even if Celtic's standard has dropped with inferior players replacing good player, there is a new closely fought competition to be the 2nd best team in the league. Ranger's demise has opened up a competitive  door that didn't exist for 21 years.
For some strange reason, Scotland is not producing the same quality of player as in years gone by.

As regards club tradition, size and ethos,  Celtic and Rangers  would rank behind Liverpool and Man U of course but until 2005 would rank above most of the res in the epl. Previous to the Sky money seriously kicking in  around 2005, both Rangers and Celtic were easily of a top 6 epl standard and what many reckon is that both would have gone on to bigger and better things given the same playing field,the epl.

ATM the best Celtic can aspire towards is to have an academy like Ajax and  PSV in Holland, or  Benfica and Porto in Portugal. where each season on average they make just as much income from transfers as from the CL, and somehow for celtic to manage to achieve that level of consistency in their club form.

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: Bazil Douglas on February 01, 2015, 04:56:01 PM
Two clubs with  supporters representing all that is vile in human nature, drawing support from the lower echelons of each others societies, ( Quote ) their comforting conviction that their world make sense rests on their unlimited ability to ignore their own ignorance.

I rest my case

Nigel White

Every club is the same. In fact you coming onto this thread to throw abuse at Celtic supporters are in the same category

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: Nigel White on February 03, 2015, 11:38:27 PM
Every club is the same. In fact you coming onto this thread to throw abuse at Celtic supporters are in the same category

I would consider it an opinion not abuse.
I apologise for expressing such an opinion on Celtic & Rangers supporters, didn't realise it was a closed thread.

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2015, 09:35:32 PM

And a bit like the 12th of July, would the clubs rivalry survive if it wasn't for the bigotry? Is there enough genuine decent supporters that would be happy to get thing to point where it was just a sporting rivalry?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

It is a sporting rivalry,with politico-religious undertones.I doubt when you have two clubs who have represented unionist/loyalist and catholic/nationalist communities in Scotland and Ireland for generations,that these undertones will ever be eradicated.Its like asking them to discard  their core identities.

Nowadays a lot of the stuff is just harmless 90 minutes banter,things have improved enormously.You're always going to have dangerous loons and extremists,but they are not representative of the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans.