Quote from: stew on July 30, 2012, 07:09:09 PM
Quote from: trileacman on July 30, 2012, 05:43:45 PM
Quote from: stew on July 30, 2012, 05:41:59 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2012, 12:31:46 AM
Quote from: AFS on July 29, 2012, 11:33:52 PM
Quote from: stew on July 29, 2012, 09:41:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2012, 08:50:28 PM
Quote from: stew on July 29, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
I thought it would be a three nil win for rangers, I am absolutely amazed at their fall from grace, I cannot imagine how rangers fans feel knowing that they are doomed to play mickey mouse teams that they are going to struggle against for years to come.

Only thing is that this is a second division team and Rangers are a third division team. This means that the teams they'll be meeting when the league starts will be of a lower standard again.

I just saw that FTB, thanks.

They will struggle to get back into the SPL I reckon, who the hell is going to want to play at that level other than up and coming youngsters and a few has been's that can afford to go on the cheap.

I was with a Celtic supporter from oz this morning, he lives in Glasgow, he followed the match on his phone and he was apoplectic about what was going on, I was just surprised and was happy to see such a weak team hold them and get to extra time, good enough for the hoors!

They had seven internationals lining out for them today. They'll stroll back to the SPL.

In 3 years time!

If seven internationals were playing against Brechin and they only won in extra time they are in serious trouble, how the feck do seven international players get it so tight against a bunch of part timers? they must all play for the wee six ffs!

Men in glass houses, stew.

Two words, Paul Green.

Glass houses?

Paul green?

No idea what you are on about mucker.

Sorry I'm a lazy fecker and that was a bit cryptic. Point was that it's hard to laugh at the wee six when Ireland had Paul Green appearing at the Euro's and had to contract with any club at 29 years old.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

stew

The republic is starting a decline that will probably last a decade or more, the underage teams are shite and the current squad are old, that said the north's team are absolutely useless and the republic would likely hammer them as they did a while ago.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2012, 05:41:59 PMIf seven internationals were playing against Brechin and they only won in extra time they are in serious trouble, how the feck do seven international players get it so tight against a bunch of part timers? they must all play for the wee six ffs!
The "(Less Than) Magnificent Seven" comprised 4 x Scottish Internationals, a USA International, a Romanian International and an NI International.

This last - Andy Little - is a young player who is finally recovering from two injury-plagued seasons. He scored the opening goal.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Applesisapples

So only 6 proper internationals then. :D

stew

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 31, 2012, 03:14:43 PM
Quote from: stew on July 30, 2012, 05:41:59 PMIf seven internationals were playing against Brechin and they only won in extra time they are in serious trouble, how the feck do seven international players get it so tight against a bunch of part timers? they must all play for the wee six ffs!
The "(Less Than) Magnificent Seven" comprised 4 x Scottish Internationals, a USA International, a Romanian International and an NI International.

This last - Andy Little - is a young player who is finally recovering from two injury-plagued seasons. He scored the opening goal.

Eh, I wasn't serious about them all being from the North but they must be shite if they struggle to beat the mighty Brechin.

Also, the south made it to the Euros and hammered the north, they are pure dung at the minute and you couldnt make a good team if they merged, that said maybe two or three nordies would make the squad and I hope the exodus from the north continues, you know, to make the stronger team better.

dillinger

I thought it would be a three nil win for rangers, I am absolutely amazed at their fall from grace, I cannot imagine how rangers fans feel knowing that they are doomed to play mickey mouse teams that they are going to struggle against for years to come.

Only thing is that this is a second division team and Rangers are a third division team. This means that the teams they'll be meeting when the league starts will be of a lower standard again.
Real football fans, as i call them will love going to these wee grounds to see Rangers play. I hope with Rangers being in the SFL3 it will drive away the trash. But i fear they will return when Rangers sart to move up through the leagues. Have i said, :o I follow Gretna F.C. 2008  ::) To me that is real football, wee teams run by supporters paying exrta cash to keep a diddey team alive. I'm going over this saturday with the Northern Ireland Gretna Supporters Club, all four of us to boost the expected crowd of 110.  ;D

stew

Quote from: dillinger on August 01, 2012, 01:49:42 AM

Real football fans, as i call them will love going to these wee grounds to see Rangers play. I hope with Rangers being in the SFL3 it will drive away the trash. But i fear they will return when Rangers sart to move up through the leagues. Have i said, :o I follow Gretna F.C. 2008  ::) To me that is real football, wee teams run by supporters paying exrta cash to keep a diddey team alive. I'm going over this saturday with the Northern Ireland Gretna Supporters Club, all four of us to boost the expected crowd of 110.  ;D

Fair play to you dillinger, how the hell did you come to support Gretna?

I liked Manure because I was a huge fan of George Best when I was young.

dillinger

Manure? Well about Gretna, like a lot i followed their rise and fall. Seen on the net about a new Gretna forming, bit like guess AFC wombles. So went over one day to watch the new team playing on a public park in Annan about 8 miles from Gretna. There was about 100 fans there, all mad, so i felt like home.I thought these guys are headers, in the nicest way who just want a team to play in the town's name. Got hooked, go over when i can and it is really good craic. look at www. gretna2008 on net. Their website. Go on, next game i'll bring you over, i'll drive. :)

stew

Great story dillinger, fair play to you.

This is some craic below, it is an unbelievable snippet. This is from this Green character.

As every fan knows, Rangers is Rangers - it always has been and it always will be. The club still has its 140 years of history, and we are now embarking on the next 140 years. We are back playing football, and the board is focused on rebuilding this great club over the next few years."

On Monday, Green said the Rangers newco were denied a place in the Scottish Premier League because of "bigotry" and "jealousy".

Green said many decisions in the summer-long Rangers saga had been made "for the wrong reasons" and told BBC Scotland: "Some of it has been driven by bigotry, some of it has been driven by jealousy and some of it has been driven by all the wrong motives."

The worlds most bigoted club have the gall to say that jealousy and bigotry, not a word about the dodgy contracts and the fact that they stiffed a lot of companies, players and other employees for millions.

Stay classy Rankers, oh and by the way, you don't have a 140 year history, you have a history of a few weeks.

All of a Sludden

Peterhead have just dropped 2 points.  :( 

2-2 with Rangers.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

dillinger

I knew they should have joined the East Scotland League with Gretna, 3rd Div is to high a level for them.  ;D

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

red hander

Equaliser in injury time was a foul on keeper. Nothing changes, they'll be back in SPL in 3 years cos reffing in SFA is just as biased as in SPL

From the Bunker

Quote from: red hander on August 11, 2012, 11:14:35 PM
Equaliser in injury time was a foul on keeper. Nothing changes, they'll be back in SPL in 3 years cos reffing in SFA is just as biased as in SPL

It's all about the money i suppose.

Good start, a draw away to the might of Peterhead.

There has to be a few higher profile players at Rangers with giddy feet, Jez it's the Scottish 3rd Division, it cannot be good for their international standing as footballers and their value. If they stay it would be like being in football limo for three years. And three years is a long time in a footballers career.

nifan