Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

laoislad

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 29, 2012, 08:00:41 PM
Quote from: dillinger on July 29, 2012, 01:36:55 PM
I would say 3-0 to The Rangers/whatever you call them.

2-1 AET
Only football club in the World with a 100% success rate.
Never lost a game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

That was Brechin City's big pay day. There are a pletora of Clubs in Division three looking forward to their 2 (home game) Big pay days. As i said this may not be bad for Scottish football. The little fry will get a bit of the big money filtered down to them. Also, how many of Rangers team today contained foreigners? More players will be brought through with the transfer ban.

stew

I thought it would be a three nil win for rangers, I am absolutely amazed at their fall from grace, I cannot imagine how rangers fans feel knowing that they are doomed to play mickey mouse teams that they are going to struggle against for years to come.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: stew on July 29, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
I thought it would be a three nil win for rangers, I am absolutely amazed at their fall from grace, I cannot imagine how rangers fans feel knowing that they are doomed to play mickey mouse teams that they are going to struggle against for years to come.

Only thing is that this is a second division team and Rangers are a third division team. This means that the teams they'll be meeting when the league starts will be of a lower standard again.

stew

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2012, 08:50:28 PM

Only thing is that this is a second division team and Rangers are a third division team. This means that the teams they'll be meeting when the league starts will be of a lower standard again.

I just saw that FTB, thanks.

They will struggle to get back into the SPL I reckon, who the hell is going to want to play at that level other than up and coming youngsters and a few has been's that can afford to go on the cheap.

I was with a Celtic supporter from oz this morning, he lives in Glasgow, he followed the match on his phone and he was apoplectic about what was going on, I was just surprised and was happy to see such a weak team hold them and get to extra time, good enough for the hoors!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AFS on July 29, 2012, 11:33:52 PM
Quote from: stew on July 29, 2012, 09:41:57 PM

They will struggle to get back into the SPL I reckon, who the hell is going to want to play at that level other than up and coming youngsters and a few has been's that can afford to go on the cheap.

I was with a Celtic supporter from oz this morning, he lives in Glasgow, he followed the match on his phone and he was apoplectic about what was going on, I was just surprised and was happy to see such a weak team hold them and get to extra time, good enough for the hoors!

They had seven internationals lining out for them today. They'll stroll back to the SPL.

In 3 years time!

From the Bunker

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2012, 12:31:46 AM

They had seven internationals lining out for them today. They'll stroll back to the SPL.

In 3 years time!

Most of those seven are holding their cards close to their chests. They won't want to be hanging around in the lower reaches of Scottish Football in the prime of their Careers. If they do they won't be Internationals for long.

All of a Sludden

Trouble hits first Rangers game against Brechin Some fans let off smoke bombs during the game.

Police have arrested a man following trouble which flared up during the new Rangers' first game outside top-flight football.

The 23-year-old man was detained for breach of the peace after climbing a floodlight during the away match to Brechin City.

Other fans set off smoke bombs and made sectarian remarks during the game, which ended in a 2-1 win for Rangers.

Tayside Police said the trouble was caused by a minority.

Officers said most of the capacity 4,100 support at Glebe Park conducted themselves "in an entirely appropriate way".

A police spokesman said: "The crowd were in good spirits as the game moved into extra time and the atmosphere was excellent.

"A minority tried to disrupt the game by setting off smoke bombs, with one person shouting sectarian remarks and another climbing on a floodlight structure.

"A 23-year-old male was arrested for a breach of the peace in relation to the floodlight incident and enquiries are ongoing in conjunction with Strathclyde Police to identify those responsible for the other offences.

"The actions of the minority should not overshadow the football game that was well attended, well supported, with fans from both sides conducting themselves in an entirely appropriate way."

Lee McCulloch scored the winning goal in extra time during the Ramsdens Cup tie.

The match was the new Rangers' first competitive outing since the club's financial troubles saw it go into administration and voted into the Irn-Bru Third Division.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

stew

In 3 years time!

If seven internationals were playing against Brechin and they only won in extra time they are in serious trouble, how the feck do seven international players get it so tight against a bunch of part timers? they must all play for the wee six ffs!

trileacman

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2012, 05:41:59 PM

In 3 years time!

If seven internationals were playing against Brechin and they only won in extra time they are in serious trouble, how the feck do seven international players get it so tight against a bunch of part timers? they must all play for the wee six ffs!

Men in glass houses, stew.

Two words, Paul Green.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

stew

Quote from: trileacman on July 30, 2012, 05:43:45 PM
Quote from: stew on July 30, 2012, 05:41:59 PM

In 3 years time!

Men in glass houses, stew.

Two words, Paul Green.

Glass houses?

Paul green?

No idea what you are on about mucker.

Denn Forever

Paul Green was a member of the Rep. of Ireland squad in the Euros and he didn't have a club.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

1 Across. Four letters.

Paul Green was a member of the Rep. of Ireland squad in the Euros and he didn't have a

CLU-

SHEEDY

Quote from: Hardy on July 30, 2012, 07:33:15 PM
1 Across. Four letters.

Paul Green was a member of the Rep. of Ireland squad in the Euros and he didn't have a

CLU-

CLUE!
nil satis nisi optimum