Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Neil Lennon wants Rangers stripped of Scottish Premier League titles

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/scottish-league/2012/0719/329734-lennon-wants-rangers-stripped-of-titles/

No harm in kicking someone when they are down!

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2012, 05:25:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2012, 12:38:24 PM
The authorities seem to be panicing about what happened yesterday, a fear the TV money etc will be lost. There is a twist left in this tale yet. They will come with a saucy SPL2 to accommodate Sky and bypass the clubs.

If it stays as it is, I think this could be the injection the game needs. In the 3rd division each team plays each other 4 times. That means each team will have 2 big pay day home games v Rangers. Can you imagine what that means to these clubs. if Rangers get promoted the 2nd Division clubs will get the same pay day, and so on!
Was reading somewhere SPL 2 will be near impossible to implement before this season starts anyway, so they are going to suffer the ignomony of playing in Division 3 - barring some drastic manouvering (which is entirely possible).  I'm suprised it has come to this tbh myself, I expected the Div 1 option to happen, Rangers underestimated the amount of resentment and vitriol that had built up in other clubs.  It probably means that Rangers will have to cruise up the leagues with their youth team as the remaining players wont want to stay and/or the club wont want the big waged players to stay either.

Who were the 5 League clubs that did not vote against Rangers?
Are they wannabe potential SPL2 material?

heganboy

are newco Rangers FC now the new firm?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gazzler

Are the old Rangers gone now as we know them?
For example if they won the Scottish FA Cup next season would it be their first trophy or would it be added to all the other trophies they have won.
Also do they get to keep the same badge or would they have to have a new one as they are a new company.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Gazzler on July 20, 2012, 02:12:44 PM
For example if they won the Scottish FA Cup next season would it be their first trophy or would it be added to all the other trophies they have won.
Also do they get to keep the same badge or would they have to have a new one as they are a new company.

I would imagine they have to start all from scratch.

borderfox

There is no Rangers. Currently they are called Sevco 5088. The old Rangers are dead/ liquidated and they cannot add to there trophy count as they are dead/liquidated. Rangers fans may try and tell everyone they are still Rangers but the fact remains that company/ football club is gone forever. They are now Sevco 5088 until thay manage to get a new name.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

ONeill

Quote from: LeoMc on July 20, 2012, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2012, 05:25:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2012, 12:38:24 PM
The authorities seem to be panicing about what happened yesterday, a fear the TV money etc will be lost. There is a twist left in this tale yet. They will come with a saucy SPL2 to accommodate Sky and bypass the clubs.

If it stays as it is, I think this could be the injection the game needs. In the 3rd division each team plays each other 4 times. That means each team will have 2 big pay day home games v Rangers. Can you imagine what that means to these clubs. if Rangers get promoted the 2nd Division clubs will get the same pay day, and so on!
Was reading somewhere SPL 2 will be near impossible to implement before this season starts anyway, so they are going to suffer the ignomony of playing in Division 3 - barring some drastic manouvering (which is entirely possible).  I'm suprised it has come to this tbh myself, I expected the Div 1 option to happen, Rangers underestimated the amount of resentment and vitriol that had built up in other clubs.  It probably means that Rangers will have to cruise up the leagues with their youth team as the remaining players wont want to stay and/or the club wont want the big waged players to stay either.

Who were the 5 League clubs that did not vote against Rangers?
Are they wannabe potential SPL2 material?

Queen of the South and Hamilton were two of them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dillinger

About the badge. Gretna FC 2008 had to buy the old Gretna badge from the liquidators before they could use it. So, going by that Rangers old badge may now be owned by the liquidators.

Hoof Hearted

they are still a big pull. Sky Sports are still going to show them frequently, including their opener against peterhead
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

reddgnhand

Quote from: dillinger on July 20, 2012, 06:39:22 PM
About the badge. Gretna FC 2008 had to buy the old Gretna badge from the liquidators before they could use it. So, going by that Rangers old badge may now be owned by the liquidators.

Sevco bought the badge along with the assets.

stew

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 20, 2012, 08:38:52 PM
they are still a big pull. Sky Sports are still going to show them frequently, including their opener against peterhead

Rangers are going to be playing against the likes of the mighty Peterhead, unfcuking believable. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Craig Whyte has set up a new Debt Collection Company in Glasgow too! You couldn't make this up! ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

If they wanted to be cruel bastards the fans of the other Scottish Premiership and First Division teams could get together to fund 2 or 3 of the Division 3 teams and keep Rangers down there forever. Just a thought  :-X
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 23, 2012, 09:19:59 PM
If they wanted to be cruel b**tards the fans of the other Scottish Premiership and First Division teams could get together to fund 2 or 3 of the Division 3 teams and keep Rangers down there forever. Just a thought  :-X

Listen, this is the Scottish 4th tier division, average gates of 450. Most of these clubs are in Farty towns. Players i would guess are as close to amateur as you could imagine. The combined total of the league and you could probably add the combined league above them and they still would not be close in financial clout!

Looking forward to this season, all the same!

reddgnhand

The police were called to Celtic Park today as a Rangers fan was threatening to jump of the roof. When asked by the police "why here and not Ibrox" he replied "Have you seen the queue round there"