Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Saturday 11th August 2012 is looming. The opening day of the Scottish 3rd Division. And Rangers (if they replace Queen Park who finished runners-up last season) probable first game would be away to East Stirling should the Scottish authorities hold firm!

Remember them?

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2012, 07:03:26 PM

EastStirling of the Scottish third Division beckons!

From wiki

The stadium has a capacity of 3,776 with 626 seated.

The Worker

BennyCake

I couldn't give a fiddlers frig about Scottish football, but Rangers in Div 3 is hilarious.

nifan

Quote from: BennyCake on July 13, 2012, 02:51:46 PM
I couldn't give a fiddlers frig about Scottish football, but Rangers in Div 3 is hilarious.

Agreed.
Lets hope they get a load of div 3 standard players in and are then drawn with celtic in the cup for the craic!

laoislad

I'm sure more players will leave now.
Are the players that are left good enough to win 3 consecutive promotions to get back in the Premier division?
Who is gonna want to sign for them now sure they won't be able pay top wages or sign expensive players.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on July 13, 2012, 03:49:51 PM
Are the players that are left good enough to win 3 consecutive promotions to get back in the Premier division?
Who is gonna want to sign for them now sure they won't be able pay top wages or sign expensive players.

Ah, they'll be alright for the moment, they still have academies and they're still have half of the up and coming players in Glasgow wanting to play for them. They are in a fourth tier division where a couple of hundred go to matches. Most of the players are part time. They are at the moment a very big fish in a very small pond.

And as a footnote, it is a very very funny situation. ;D

ONeill

Amazed it came to this. I always thought they'd be filtered into the first division or the SPL with a few restrictions. Maybe the Scottish League isn't as inherently sectarian as was believed. Or was that just the refs?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 13, 2012, 10:36:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 13, 2012, 03:49:51 PM

Ah, they'll be alright for the moment, they still have academies and they're still have half of the up and coming players in Glasgow wanting to play for them. They are in a fourth tier division where a couple of hundred go to matches. Most of the players are part time. They are at the moment a very big fish in a very small pond.

And as a footnote, it is a very very funny situation. ;D

Oh and just to make it clear I don't care one way or the other! I think it be just as funny if it happened to Celtic.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dillinger

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2012, 10:55:08 PM
Amazed it came to this. I always thought they'd be filtered into the first division or the SPL with a few restrictions. Maybe the Scottish League isn't as inherently sectarian as was believed. Or was that just the refs?
It's not all sectarian. It's just the non old firm fans mostly hate Rangers and Celtic mainly because of the sectarianism from some of their fans.

lynchbhoy

That's the pathetic excuse trotted out alright - its more jealousy or tribalism that are the causes...

If both Glasgow clubs left for English league or both went out of business - the same dislike/hate/rows would turn to different targets
So I don't accept this excuse - for a small percentage possibly but that's being generous!

dillinger

There's a site called pie and bovril. You will get the views of other non old firm fans there. Of course there's only one old firm club now.

Main Street

The usage of the ignorant 'old firm' tag is a disgusting insult to such an outstanding club as Celtic fc  ;D
No doubt the Irish ethnic identity thing will continue to be regarded as a sectarian in Scotland and inspire expressions of hate by some of the morons who attach themselves to Scottish football.

Once Rangers were not allowed into the SPL,  their future in Scottish football then became a matter for all SFL clubs and they sought to put Rangers on a difficult path of redemption to purge them out of their sinful ways. It's not evidence of sectarianism or non-sectarianism.

In England, the League board votes on a clubs future.
"The Football League Board has absolute discretion as to whether to admit any new company as a member of The League. In doing so, it has to strike a balance between giving a club another chance and the effect this has on sporting competition between clubs."
In Scotland the member clubs have the vote and obviously don't rate giving another chance or sporting competition above penalisation.
A  Ist division placement with a points penalty was not a proposed option.

From the Bunker

The authorities seem to be panicing about what happened yesterday, a fear the TV money etc will be lost. There is a twist left in this tale yet. They will come with a saucy SPL2 to accommodate Sky and bypass the clubs.

If it stays as it is, I think this could be the injection the game needs. In the 3rd division each team plays each other 4 times. That means each team will have 2 big pay day home games v Rangers. Can you imagine what that means to these clubs. if Rangers get promoted the 2nd Division clubs will get the same pay day, and so on!

Main Street

I suppose jacking up the prices is out of the question in order to pay for match day security for the peace loving locals.
There might be an opportunity for a resourceful entrepreneur to have some caged temporary seating assembly to provide these lower division clubs with.

bennydorano

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2012, 12:38:24 PM
The authorities seem to be panicing about what happened yesterday, a fear the TV money etc will be lost. There is a twist left in this tale yet. They will come with a saucy SPL2 to accommodate Sky and bypass the clubs.

If it stays as it is, I think this could be the injection the game needs. In the 3rd division each team plays each other 4 times. That means each team will have 2 big pay day home games v Rangers. Can you imagine what that means to these clubs. if Rangers get promoted the 2nd Division clubs will get the same pay day, and so on!
Was reading somewhere SPL 2 will be near impossible to implement before this season starts anyway, so they are going to suffer the ignomony of playing in Division 3 - barring some drastic manouvering (which is entirely possible).  I'm suprised it has come to this tbh myself, I expected the Div 1 option to happen, Rangers underestimated the amount of resentment and vitriol that had built up in other clubs.  It probably means that Rangers will have to cruise up the leagues with their youth team as the remaining players wont want to stay and/or the club wont want the big waged players to stay either.