Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Vladimir Romanov certainly doesn't miss when he lets fly.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

From the Bunker

Rangers to be voted out of SPL

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2012/0625/1224318717178.html

I am looking forward to seeing how this soap opera will pan out! Really the club should be made start from scratch in the bottom league, but there's huge politics and you could still see some side door for the hoars.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2012, 10:57:18 PM

I am looking forward to seeing how this soap opera will pan out! Really the club should be made start from scratch in the bottom league, but there's huge politics and you could still see some side door for the hoars.
Of course they should start at the bottom but you don't see turkeys voting for Christmas. Too much loot tied up in the Old Firm and the clubs know their money will take a hit if the tv companies lose interest which they surely will if it is a poor Celtic side sitting 20 points ahead of the second placed team.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 26, 2012, 12:08:56 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2012, 10:57:18 PM

Of course they should start at the bottom but you don't see turkeys voting for Christmas. Too much loot tied up in the Old Firm and the clubs know their money will take a hit if the tv companies lose interest which they surely will if it is a poor Celtic side sitting 20 points ahead of the second placed team.

To keep up with Celtic one of the other clubs doesn't have to be better than Celtic, they just have to be better than all the rest, which would surely spur a few of them on.

Been reading the blog 'Rangers Tax Case', amazed at how much the other teams fans seem to despise Rangers, much more so than Celtic, I always thought it was the other way about.

NAG1

I think its the fact that the other clubs now look at Rangers and think that they were cheating (which they effectively were) to all those titles and trophies. So they see this as the only chance probably to put one over on them for that.

Main Street

Quote from: NAG1 on June 26, 2012, 11:43:14 AM
I think its the fact that the other clubs not look at Rangers and think that they were cheating (which they effectively were) to all those titles and trophies. So they see this as the only chance probably to put one over on them for that.

If Celtic fc had indulged in such shenanigans they would surely have been regarded with at least the same ignominy.
The odds are already stacked against the other clubs without one of the big 2 indulging in such card sharkery.
But of course Celtic fc do not indulge is such things, they have built up their club to be stable, almost virtuos, and have adjusted well to the ravages of radically reduced income. Celtic fc are a shining light in Scotland, an example of a great support and a great club, recognised by those who know about such things  ;D

deiseach

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on June 26, 2012, 09:23:37 AM
Been reading the blog 'Rangers Tax Case', amazed at how much the other teams fans seem to despise Rangers, much more so than Celtic, I always thought it was the other way about.

The amazing thing is that Rangers fans cannot accept that club must be diminished in some way. Oh, they say they accept the need for punishment but only one which leaves them still in a position to win trophies next season! It's been hilarious watching them claim each backward step is something they welcome.

amallon

Quote from: Main Street on June 26, 2012, 11:55:29 AM

Quote from: NAG1 on June 26, 2012, 11:43:14 AM
I think its the fact that the other clubs not look at Rangers and think that they were cheating (which they effectively were) to all those titles and trophies. So they see this as the only chance probably to put one over on them for that.

If Celtic fc had indulged in such shenanigans they would surely have been regarded with at least the same ignominy.
The odds are already stacked against the other clubs without one of the big 2 indulging in such card sharkery.
But of course Celtic fc do not indulge is such things, they have built up their club to be stable, almost virtuos, and have adjusted well to the ravages of radically reduced income. Celtic fc are a shining light in Scotland, an example of a great support and a great club, recognised by those who know about such things  ;D

Are Celtic really that financially sound? I thought they had a mountain of debt too?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Main Street

Quote from: amallon on June 26, 2012, 01:45:47 PM
Are Celtic really that financially sound? I thought they had a mountain of debt too?
Morally flush and with a dwindling financial debt, about £7m.

Lecale2

LeoMc

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 21, 2012, 01:03:52 PM
QuoteRANGERS are looking at an astonishing plan to buy out League One club Bury — so they can play in England.

"Bury Rangers". That has to be a piss take!!

Greens Bury Rangers!

trasna man

Rangers: Sandy Jardine blast at 'greedy' exiting players
Rangers legend Sandy Jardine has accused of "greed" the eight players refusing to have their contracts switched to a new company.

Jardine claims they have reneged on an agreement to do so made before the takeover by Charles Green's consortium.

"There was an agreement reached over wage cuts and they got a great deal because they could leave for rock-bottom prices," he said.

Rangers crisis explained
Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors and will eventually be liquidated.
As a result its registrations with the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League were terminated.
Charles Green led a consortium which bought Rangers' assets for £5.5m.
The former Sheffield United chief executive is reforming Rangers as a new company.
But the 'newco' will not get the required votes for re-admittance to the SPL.
Instead the new Rangers is expected to start life in the Scottish Football League.
"And now they have seen an opportunity. In many ways, it's greed."

Captain Steven Davis, plus Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness became the latest players to lodge objections to having their contracts switched to a "newco" Rangers.

Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Sone Aluko and Rhys McCabe last week claimed to be free agents as a result of the old club heading for liquidation.

They had cited the likelihood of Rangers being demoted from the Scottish Premier League as the reason for their decision.

But Jardine believes their motives are purely financial and that their actions will deny Rangers vital funds as they seek to rebuild.

"I am dismayed and disappointed by the actions of the eight players," the club ambassador told Rangers' website.

"What they have done is seen an opportunity - whether it is them or their agents - to maximise their income.

Northern Ireland striker Lafferty is one of the eight players who are leaving Rangers
"The players took a salary sacrifice. But, for that, they got clauses in their contracts which would allow them to leave on rock bottom prices if clubs came in for them.

"I have to be honest and say I think the players have used our predicament to their gain."

The new Rangers face the prospect of losing a vote among the 12 SPL clubs and face another battle for admission to Division One or the Third Division next season.

"Of course, we as a club don't expect international players to go down a division or a few divisions," said former Rangers defender Jardine.

"We would be reluctant to see them go, but we would understand. They would move on with our best wishes and we would get a fee - albeit a rock bottom price in comparison to their market value.

"What we don't have an answer for is why the players simply did not adhere to the original deal and allow the club to make money from these reduced fees.

"What we have to do in our situation is to get everything sorted out, know what league we are in, know what players are staying and then start to build from there.

"If we don't have money from fees for players leaving - which we are completely entitled to - then what are we supposed to build on, fresh air?"

i'm guessing some do walking away

deiseach

Quote from: trasna man on June 27, 2012, 04:33:44 PM
"If we don't have money from fees for players leaving - which we are completely entitled to - then what are we supposed to build on, fresh air?"

You could always withhold your taxes or borrow money and not pay it back

nifan

Quote from: deiseach on June 27, 2012, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: trasna man on June 27, 2012, 04:33:44 PM

You could always withhold your taxes or borrow money and not pay it back

I really havent followed this too closely - but basically this newco want to start with none of the debts but all their assets?

deiseach

Quote from: nifan on June 27, 2012, 05:47:19 PM
I really havent followed this too closely - but basically this newco want to start with none of the debts but all their assets?

Yep. And 'assets' include all the players. I think that was/is Green's plan. Ibrox and Murray Park are not worth £5.5 million, even to Tesco. But the players could have been in the right circumstances, and that was how he planned to make his money back. Not going to happen now.