Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

What does this hand Celtic - the next 4 league titles.   Lower gates due to less interest and rivalry. Will there be any interest in supporting a formality.  The Scottish league could be damaged as a competition. Can Celtic flourish without a Rangers.  Can there be a yes without a no, a black without a  white? It will be like the Munster championship has been for generations, and the supporters will only go to the final.       

Applesisapples

Quote from: deiseach on April 27, 2012, 11:54:18 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 27, 2012, 11:40:07 AM
As a Celtic fan I hope Rangers survive, it is not the fault of their fans that the board was as incompetent as it has been they should however be automatically relegated an appropriate number of places/leagues. Celtic fans should also remember that there but for the grace of Fergus Celtic could have gone.

I'm not a Celtic fan, and I'm a bit bewildered by this. The Rangers board weren't incompetent. If they were incompetent Rangers would have slid down the table and we wouldn't be having this conversation. They were corrupt, and their corruption corrupted the rest of the game in Scotland. It is hard on Rangers supporters, and the notion that they should have risen up against Murray and Whyte is daft. But their philosophy now that they've found themselves in this position seems to be "we realise there has to be a punishment, but it had better not inconvenience us". And that's even more daft
I thought long and hard about describing it as you have and went for incompetent as an opinion as opposed to corruption which I couldn't prove.

deiseach

Quote from: rrhf on April 27, 2012, 01:56:34 PM
Can Celtic flourish without a Rangers.  Can there be a yes without a no, a black without a  white?

deiseach

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 27, 2012, 01:57:47 PM
I thought long and hard about describing it as you have and went for incompetent as an opinion as opposed to corruption which I couldn't prove.

That would be an ecumenical matter

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

@Marty_Morrissey   

'We're Rangers til we die'
'No... 'You're rangers til July'
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

I think Rangers and Celtic should join together to form one club called Glasgow City.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on April 30, 2012, 04:28:00 PM
I think Rangers and Celtic should join together to form one club called Glasgow City.

How about Ran-tic?
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Glasgow City already exist. I wonder will they give Rangers a dig-out?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

Quote from: ziggysego on April 30, 2012, 04:20:33 PM
@Marty_Morrissey   

'We're Rangers til we die'
'No... 'You're rangers til July'

Wasn't that what the Celtic fans were chanting yesterday?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ballinaman

Rangers supporters yesterday.....a great bunch of lads......... ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNe6zibaKA

Main Street

Quote from: rrhf on April 27, 2012, 01:56:34 PM
What does this hand Celtic - the next 4 league titles.   Lower gates due to less interest and rivalry. Will there be any interest in supporting a formality.  The Scottish league could be damaged as a competition. Can Celtic flourish without a Rangers.  Can there be a yes without a no, a black without a  white? It will be like the Munster championship has been for generations, and the supporters will only go to the final.       
If Rangers are forced to start anew in the lowest league, Celtic can survive for a few seasons while they await their return to the top division. Naturally Celtic fans will be tormented by sentiments of sympathy for the plight of their fellow (blue nose) Glaswegians but I imagine the Celtic fans will get through this sticky phase.
Rangers will not totally disappear.
Celtic finances are sound and  the club will be looking forward to the return of the wounded beast as they slowly stagger their way up through the divisions.
I can't say the same for most of the other clubs in the SPL, an important part of their budget is Rangers related. Those clubs are like junkies waiting for the windfall
that a match against Rangers brings (tickets sales and then there's the tv money).  A 3 or 4 notch belt tightening for all the other SPL clubs (except Celtic) will be in order.

johnneycool

what happens Ibrox and Murray park if Rangers have to fold and start again?

ballinaman

Rangers FC 2013 Line up - Naismith, Naifuture, Naiclass, Naimoney, Naistadium, Naihope, Naitrophies, Naiprospects, Naifans, Naimanager, Naiplayers.