Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2012, 03:21:34 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 09, 2012, 03:02:01 PM
btw, I've been reading your username as "jay-shoch", is that right, nearly right, or miles away?

I have been reading it "dey-shech". I probably wrong too, but it being Seachtain na Gaeilge I would be interested to get the correct pronunciation.

Jay shoch... is Connacht style
Day shoch.. is Munster

deiseach

Quote from: camanchero on March 09, 2012, 03:18:33 PM
- what songs celebrate blowing people up- I dont know too many and certainly never heard them sung at CP.

Really? You've never heard any "ooh, aah, up the 'RA" chants from Celtic fans?

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: deiseach on March 09, 2012, 03:53:07 PM
- what songs celebrate blowing people up- I dont know too many and certainly never heard them sung at CP.

Old Firm supporters are renowned for their selective hearing.  Your average celtic fan can hear the word fenian whispered from over 500yds away but not hear Sean South* being given full volume in the stadium they're standing in.

*I know this song doesn't celebrate blowing people up, it celebrates a British Army victory  :P

charlieTully

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 09, 2012, 03:57:17 PM

Old Firm supporters are renowned for their selective hearing.  Your average celtic fan can hear the word fenian whispered from over 500yds away but not hear Sean South* being given full volume in the stadium they're standing in.

*I know this song doesn't celebrate blowing people up, it celebrates a British Army victory  :P

we also sing Aiden McAnespie, would you describe that as a British Army victory as well?

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: charlieTully on March 09, 2012, 04:08:40 PM

we also sing Aiden McAnespie, would you describe that as a British Army victory as well?

Nope.

Aiden was illegally shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, by soldiers who weren't adhering to their own rules, let alone anyone elses.  Pointless, horrible incident.

Sean South was taking part in an armed raid on a barracks and was shot for it.  Flee with the craws, get shot with the craws.

But why sing either at a football match?

charlieTully

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 09, 2012, 04:11:58 PM

Nope.

Aiden was illegally shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, by soldiers who weren't adhering to their own rules, let alone anyone elses.  Pointless, horrible incident.

Sean South was taking part in an armed raid on a barracks and was shot for it.  Flee with the craws, get shot with the craws.

the feeling of solidarty and comradeship of 60,000 people belting out songs of Irish history is hard to beat my friend. nothing more sinister than that. it also keeps the memory of people like Aiden alive.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: charlieTully on March 09, 2012, 04:20:11 PM

Nope.

the feeling of solidarty and comradeship of 60,000 people belting out songs of Irish history is hard to beat my friend. nothing more sinister than that. it also keeps the memory of people like Aiden alive.

Is Irish domestic culture so weak that you need to hang on to a Scottish football club to do that?

charlieTully

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 09, 2012, 04:23:26 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 09, 2012, 04:20:11 PM

Nope.

Is Irish domestic culture so weak that you need to hang on to a Scottish football club to do that?

not at all brother, i just enjoy it. its that simple. me along with a few thousand others who head over on a regular basis.

camanchero

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 09, 2012, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 08, 2012, 09:36:39 PM
I don't think so. I think the rest of the Scottish fans despise the Old Firm for the fact that they have exploited sectarianism for mutual gain - carving up the spoils in Scottish football as a result - for over a century. The vast majority of the fans of other clubs couldn't give a shit about Irish politics yet since time immemorial have been subjected to morons brandishing red hand flags/tricolours and singing about being up to their knees in blood or blowing people up. And in the case of Celtic the bleating about how everybody is against them when in reality they have always been very much part of the establishment is tiresome.  Really they are both just horrible football clubs, and that's why the rest of Scottish football don't like them.
wouldnt be in agreement with you there
- i'd say the reason for dislike/hatred is the success of the two glasgow clubs. plus the townies v hicks old global feud.
- whats sectarian about an Irish Tricolour flag - or even how it is brandished.....come off it...

Well that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Those are however some of the key reasons for the dislike many Scottish football fans have for the Old Firm, or the "bigot brothers" as they are more commonly known amongst Scottish football fans.
well it was nothing personal there fella.

I'm happy to say that Celtic are disliked by many if not all clubs in scotland - or elements of them, but apart from the potential for jealosy, I cannot see too many jocks disliking one or the other because of 'bigotry' ! no harm to you folks, but for the 75% of the population, thats a bit too above their level - and I am trying not to put that in a bad way - the working classes just dont or wont be too bothered about that. imo.

but I would like to hear your response to my other parts in my last post . no problem if not.

camanchero

and what part of oohh ahh etc etc glorifies blowing up anyone ....

I sing the first line of our national anthem - It doesnt make me a 'soldier'  and I have no intention of manning the 'bear na baoil' either.
I dont sing that graffitti on the wall song either but use a a bit of cop on there man !

deiseach

Quote from: camanchero on March 09, 2012, 04:49:17 PM

I sing the first line of our national anthem - It doesnt make me a 'soldier'  and I have no intention of manning the 'bear na baoil' either.
I dont sing that graffitti on the wall song either but use a a bit of cop on there man !

Utterly disingenuous

muppet

I love the way the word Fenian is misunderstood and misused by all sides these days.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: camanchero on March 09, 2012, 04:49:17 PM

Its the same idiots who ruin a good sing a long of "the fields of Athenry" with "Sinn Féin" "IRA". The song has nothing to do with either.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 09, 2012, 05:11:34 PM
People like the guy whom my avatar is based on don't tend to help the stereotypical image of Old Firm followers held by many others.

btw, what was the Rule 42 crowd's reaction to International Rules Football and compromise rules Shinty-Hurling, given that both Aussie Rules and Shinty are foreign games, and played by "Crown Forces" in their respective nations?

EDIT: just seen that Rule 42 was "non-Gaelic" games, which would include shinty and International Rules.