Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on March 07, 2012, 09:01:07 AM
Would they then not be better paying these lads till the end of the season and then sell them?

That way they'd at least get some return on transfer fees, no?

Cash flow, I suppose. No one is going to extend them a line of credit based on selling players into a market where everyone knows they need to get rid of players.

I thought the players were being a selfish bunch for fighting over pay cuts. But 75%! That's rough.

Ulick

Celtic supporters still enjoying themselves:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/03/07/rangers-in-crisis-as-administrators-wield-axe-owner-craig-whyte-still-claims-to-be-ibrox-club-s-saviour-86908-23778009/

More on the Celtic 'takeover' of Rangers - Thomas J Clarke (III) is going to put his name in the Proclamation of the new Rangers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzsHH9ftaIo

Main Street

Quote from: deiseach on March 07, 2012, 09:11:25 AM
Would they then not be better paying these lads till the end of the season and then sell them?

Cash flow, I suppose. No one is going to extend them a line of credit based on selling players into a market where everyone knows they need to get rid of players.

I thought the players were being a selfish bunch for fighting over pay cuts. But 75%! That's rough.
Davis and  McGregor on £28k a week is farcical, some £1.5m p/a.
I doubt if Kayal is on more than £12k  and Forster less than £10k

Both those Ranger's players taking a pay cut of 75% will merely bring them down to salary level that a comparable player would get at Celtic. And considering that they are probably getting 'clauses inserted in their contracts which offer a free transfer or one at a reasonable fee when the campaign ends', I doubt they will suffer very much.

LondonCamanachd

Under mercantile law, "they" can't do anything.  The independent administrators are in charge.  Supposedly, their job is to secure maximum return for the creditors, for as little risk as possible.

If they're gambling on future transfer fees, they're not doing their job correctly.

johnneycool

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 07, 2012, 12:51:02 PM

Under mercantile law, "they" can't do anything.  The independent administrators are in charge.  Supposedly, their job is to secure maximum return for the creditors, for as little risk as possible.

If they're gambling on future transfer fees, they're not doing their job correctly.

The administrators were the 'they' I was talking about.  Whyte and co have no say now.

i know sweet FA about who would be worth what in the Rangers squad, but would it not be worth paying a lad this 10-20K per week for the next 3 months or so in the hope of getting at least 1Million for him come end of May?

LeoMc

Quote from: johnneycool on March 07, 2012, 01:34:16 PM

The administrators were the 'they' I was talking about.  Whyte and co have no say now.

i know sweet FA about who would be worth what in the Rangers squad, but would it not be worth paying a lad this 10-20K per week for the next 3 months or so in the hope of getting at least 1Million for him come end of May?

Would the palyers not have some sort of clause to allow them to be released? it may be in the players interest to become 'redundant' and then to look for a better signing on bonus when the new club doesn't have to pay a transfer fee.

deiseach

Quote from: Ulick on March 07, 2012, 10:05:22 AM
More on the Celtic 'takeover' of Rangers - Thomas J Clarke (III) is going to put his name in the Proclamation of the new Rangers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzsHH9ftaIo

They'll name a railway station after him in 50 years

Main Street

You're not a true fenian/rebel legend until you have a railway station named after you.
However, Tom Clarke already has that honour, though not a station that reflects his stature.

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2012, 02:32:55 PM
However, Tom Clarke already has that honour, though not a station that reflects his stature.

Could be worse. Look at poor Thomas MacDonagh

deiseach

Good grief. To quote Blur, yes it really really could happen . . .

Ulick

The futures bright in the tattoo removal business.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: johnneycool on March 07, 2012, 01:34:16 PM

Administrators aren't supposed to act "in the hope".  They've got to strike a balance between cutting costs now, and keeping saleable assets until such time as the assets can be liquidated i.e. the next transfer window, but as rangers are currently losing £1,000,000 a month, cutting wages now is the better option than building up an extra £4,000,000 debt and hoping that player transfers will recoup that and some of the existing.

In other words, they're f*cked!  :D

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 07, 2012, 06:55:17 PM
This is great ;D. Must look out my dancing shoes, I think a little jig on the grave of the odious Glasgow Rangers might not be too far away.

Join the queue!  It currently stretches from Govan up the back of Elgin somewhere...

dillinger

No point looking for the end of one of the evil Glasgow Twins while the other one remains. >:(