Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

third and fourth in spl go into europa league qualifying

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2012, 02:12:19 PM
OK I know you choose to mock. In the English Preimership the 4'th place as far as I understand will be replaced by the 5'th if the 4'th has not played Champions League and the 5'th has. I see that there is a similar dotted line after 4'th place in the Scottish table and was wondering does it signify the same meaning.

I really couldn't understand what you were getting at and thought it was some kind of double-bluff, but now I get it. Think about what you are saying. To be eligible to play in the Champions League you have to have played in the Champions League before. Even if that were true, which self-evidently it isn't, Newcastle United have played in the Champions League before.

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on March 05, 2012, 01:54:59 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2012, 12:52:56 PM
Ik denk dat Rangers en Celtic hoeft alleen maar te komen in de top 4 tot en met Garantievergoedingen zich een van de twee Schotse plaatsen in de Champions League.

Ik weet dat in Engeland bijvoorbeeld als Newcastle komt 4'th en Arsenal, Chelsea of Liverpool komt 5e dan Arsenal, Chelsea of Liverpool zou krijgen op een niet Newcastle, niet eerlijk dat weet ik.

Nope, still doesn't make sense

OK I know you choose to mock. In the English Preimership the 4'th place as far as I understand will be replaced by the 5'th if the 4'th has not played Champions League and the 5'th has.

That's a new one on me.

Did Newcastle not get into the CL under Keggy Keegan?

Beat me to it.

How far back do you go? Does Villa's win in the 80's qualify them if they got that far up?

rossie mad

Another thread he is polluting with false and inaccurate statements ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on March 05, 2012, 02:19:11 PM
OK I know you choose to mock. In the English Preimership the 4'th place as far as I understand will be replaced by the 5'th if the 4'th has not played Champions League and the 5'th has. I see that there is a similar dotted line after 4'th place in the Scottish table and was wondering does it signify the same meaning.

I really couldn't understand what you were getting at and thought it was some kind of double-bluff, but now I get it. Think about what you are saying. To be eligible to play in the Champions League you have to have played in the Champions League before. Even if that were true, which self-evidently it isn't, Newcastle United have played in the Champions League before.

I trust what you say is correct (it may be based on a UEFA points rating in Champions Leage, I may have explained it wrong). I was told this by an Englishlad who is a huge Liverpool fan over here and tends to know his stuff. I am more a GAA man myself so if you lads reckon I am wrong I believe you. Does anyone know what the dotted lines around 5'th place stand for if I am incorrect, or is that jst for Europa qualification.

Rossie Mad, it may be that simple alright, thanks.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hound

That's a great rule out of Mayohead. You can only play in the CL if you've played in the CL.
Though maybe they should take it one step further - You can only play in it if you've won it. So just the Mancs, Liverpool, Villa and Forest in it every year!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hound on March 05, 2012, 02:31:18 PM
That's a great rule out of Mayohead. You can only play in the CL if you've played in the CL.
Though maybe they should take it one step further - You can only play in it if you've won it. So just the Mancs, Liverpool, Villa and Forest in it every year!

No that is not what I was saying, I was told for instance if a team got 1st, 2nd or 3rd (in England) they would qualify no matter if they had played before or how well they did in a previous Champions League.

Hound

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2012, 02:33:07 PM

No that is not what I was saying, I was told for instance if a team got 1st, 2nd or 3rd (in England) they would qualify no matter if they had played before or how well they did in a previous Champions League.
Well either way its nonsense unfortunately.

The only way a 4th place team doesnt make it is if a lower placed team wins the Champions League. (or if they don't get a UEFA licence for financial or lack of facilities reasons)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hound on March 05, 2012, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2012, 02:33:07 PM

Well either way its nonsense unfortunately.

The only way a 4th place team doesnt make it is if a lower placed team wins the Champions League. (or if they don't get a UEFA licence for financial or lack of facilities reasons)

Grand, soccer is only a passing interest for me, so I will take your greater knowledge on this subject as being correct.

LondonCamanachd

The Old Firm's rather amusing habit of getting papped out of Europe before the schools go back mean that the SPL has significantly less Champions League places than the EPL, hence only the top two go into the CL, and not the top 4. 

Except that if rangers don't publish their accounts by the end of the financial year (less than four weeks away now), they will be denied a licence to compete in Europe, and the European places are shuffled according ly.  So if the SPL finishes like this:-

celtic
Motherwell
rangers
Hearts
Dundee Utd

celtic and Motherwell get into the CL, Hearts and DU into the Europa League.

And either the cup winners (or losing finalists, if the winner has already qualified through the leauge) will also go into the Europa League.

charlieTully

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on March 05, 2012, 02:46:32 PM
The Old Firm's rather amusing habit of getting papped out of Europe before the schools go back mean that the SPL has significantly less Champions League places than the EPL.

hopefully the dons will do a better job next time they win the spl ;)

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: charlieTully on March 05, 2012, 02:50:33 PM
The Old Firm's rather amusing habit of getting papped out of Europe before the schools go back mean that the SPL has significantly less Champions League places than the EPL.

hopefully the dons will do a better job next time they win the spl ;)

If I keep my fingers crossed waiting for that, I'll get arthiritis.  Still, at least for once, relegation isn't a worry...

deiseach

The Old Firm's rather amusing habit of getting papped out of Europe before the schools go back mean that the SPL has significantly less Champions League places than the EPL, hence only the top two go into the CL, and not the top 4. 

After the success of the documentary about Liverpool's victory in the 2005 Champions League called One Night in May, Everton decided to produce a similar tribute to their performance the following season. It was called Two Nights in August

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on March 05, 2012, 03:04:32 PM

After the success of the documentary about Liverpool's victory in the 2005 Champions League called One Night in May, Everton decided to produce a similar tribute to their performance the following season. It was called Two Nights in August

Big Dunc was robbed by thon baldy headed Italian referee that night to take Villareal on the away goal.

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on March 05, 2012, 03:09:21 PM
Big Dunc was robbed by thon baldy headed Italian referee that night to take Villareal on the away goal.