Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: charlieTully on February 18, 2012, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 18, 2012, 10:33:05 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on February 18, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 18, 2012, 10:19:39 PM
I'm a pure true supporter bu'. so I am bu'.  Final whis'le!?  'mon ra pure subway loyal, bu'.

mind drinking with a load of dons in the london road tavern, they spent three hours singing "we hate rangers more than you", not a hint of bother, obviously no casuals about that day.

Genuinely Charlie, hardcore Dandies are the greatest boys on earth, sure, we don't like celtic, but I reckon you can live with that.  But by f*ck do we hate rangers!!!  btw, I'm proud to be a Dandy, I will always show my colours, casuals can gtf!

aye, although i think yis have a begrudging admiration for us,  ;), have honestly never had any bother with any football fans in Caledonia bar the huns. saying that i have never been to the jambos away.

We don't, and'd feel awkward if you did for us. 

That said, if you lot sang The Foggy Dew rather than the Boys of The Old Brigade, we'd probably join in!  We don't share your politics, but we've an ear for music.  I'm posturing here i might "hate" huns and tims, but it's only ever been a 90 minute issue for me.

red n black

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 18, 2012, 07:59:49 PM
How many times are people going to post this?

Quote from: red n black on February 18, 2012, 07:33:04 PM
The Sun newspaper hacked into McCoists phone, and TOPPED IT UP WITH A TENNER!!  :) :) :)

9 in a row?

Lecale2

Main Street

I read here that's it's not a done deal that Rangers will be found guilty in the tax case

Key witness says Rangers can still win £50m tax case

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers_administration_key_witness_says_rangers_can_still_win_50m_tax_case_1_2125385

Some snips from the article

"Until a fortnight ago, it was widely reported that Rangers' chances of winning the tribunal were 50-50, now it is said they will lose," the source said. "Yet nothing can have changed in that intervening period, with the tribunal ending last month [18 January]

there are "myths" about how EBTs were administered when Sir David Murray owned Rangers, and that HMRC made "no headway" in convincing the three judges who will decide if these were operated in a manner that changed them from a legal tax avoidance loophole to a tax evasion scheme.

EBTs are believed to have been run by around 5,000 businesses in the UK, including football clubs south of the Border. They became illegal in December 2010 but, until then, firms had been able to exploit the tax laws to provide sums to employees without PAYE or National Insurance as long as these were in the form of discretionary, repayable loans

passedit

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2012, 02:48:09 PM
I read here that's it's not a done deal that Rangers will be found guilty in the tax case

Key witness says Rangers can still win £50m tax case

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers_administration_key_witness_says_rangers_can_still_win_50m_tax_case_1_2125385

Some snips from the article

"Until a fortnight ago, it was widely reported that Rangers' chances of winning the tribunal were 50-50, now it is said they will lose," the source said. "Yet nothing can have changed in that intervening period, with the tribunal ending last month [18 January]

there are "myths" about how EBTs were administered when Sir David Murray owned Rangers, and that HMRC made "no headway" in convincing the three judges who will decide if these were operated in a manner that changed them from a legal tax avoidance loophole to a tax evasion scheme.

EBTs are believed to have been run by around 5,000 businesses in the UK, including football clubs south of the Border. They became illegal in December 2010 but, until then, firms had been able to exploit the tax laws to provide sums to employees without PAYE or National Insurance as long as these were in the form of discretionary, repayable loans

That's the nub of it MS, it would appear that HMRC have documentary evidence that the loans were contractual and non refundable. That being the case there may well be criminal charges in the offing once the case is settled. Quick summation of the Tax case here.

http://rangerstaxcase.com/2011/03/28/what-is-rangers-tax-case-all-about/
Don't Panic

Main Street

At yesterday's game, Celtic fans poke fun at Rangers with an HMRC sponsored shirt.

Leo

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2012, 04:18:26 PM
At yesterday's game, Celtic fans poke fun at Rangers with an HMRC sponsored shirt.

Does HMRC stand for Hun Mismanage Rangers Collapse?
Fierce tame altogether

Myles Na G.

Police say a pound coin was thrown on to the pitch at Ibrox on Saturday. They don't know if it was an attempted assault or a takeover bid.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

ludermor

Any comment from the posts from 21 onwards???

charlieTully

Quote from: ludermor on February 21, 2012, 01:19:10 PM
Any comment from the posts from 21 onwards???

thankfully some have a bit of sense.

AZOffaly

Yeah, seems to be a few sectarian bigots, who are chastised by the latecomers. Good to see Hoof Hearted there :D

It's the moderators on there that need to take that crap off.

Main Street

All that Hoof Hearted character rails against, is that open expression gives the club a bad name, that those posters are internet only bigots, lacking the fortitude of conviction to confront someone face to face. In other words phoney bigots.

Giving the club a bad name :D  that's a good one.  That's what the club openly practiced for decades, blatant and arrogant.

AZOffaly

We have a Hoof Hearted here as well. Not sure if it's the same lad though :D