Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2012, 04:44:32 PM
The Greatest Halftime Show Ever !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktOZTTeo_Z0&feature=related

Very good, although yer man shouting "AGAIN!" needs a slap. Attention-seeking fecker

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2012, 01:53:26 PM
Nah, Offaly is the team for you. Sure Willie Miller even played for us..

Did Willie ever throw the ball into the net?

(Pool ol' LondonCamanachd, his head will be wrecked before this is over)

AZOffaly

Sure you'd have to throw it in with Conor Hayes or Sylvie Linnane trying to rape you!

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2012, 01:58:29 PM
Sure you'd have to throw it in with Conor Hayes or Sylvie Linnane trying to rape you!

I just wouldn't take to the field in the first place.

ardal

Quote from: deiseach on February 16, 2012, 01:55:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2012, 04:44:32 PM
The Greatest Halftime Show Ever !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktOZTTeo_Z0&feature=related

Very good, although yer man shouting "AGAIN!" needs a slap. Attention-seeking fecker

Watched that.
Not a big fan of this crap; would rather the victories were in goals scored than court administration, but could some one please translate. I understood "the huns are going bust", but the bit before ???? something about a river?

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: deiseach on February 16, 2012, 01:57:23 PM

photos x2

Judging from photos of footballers and...ahem...imported Dutch and German videos: everyone looked like that in the 80s, so that proves nothing!

So far my options are Cork, Kilkenny, Kerry, Derry, Tyrone and Offaly.

The first two are discounted on grounds of gloryhunting, Kerry on the grounds of a nightmarish chamber pot/spitoon misadventure, Derry on the grounds that I don't sound like I've had my balls slammed in a drawer (this might've just been the one Derry boy I knew at Uni, hi!), Tyrone on the grounds that Derry have objected, Offaly because, whilst an ignorant f*cker, I'm not big...

Only 26 more to choose from...

AZOffaly

Well, if you are actively touting your supporting services, and are willing to forego the red and white, there is only one county that you can really approach..

Plus, the commute time to London from Newbridge or somewhere would be shorter than Cavan to Straffan, so you'd be sound.

Billys Boots

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 16, 2012, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: deiseach on February 16, 2012, 01:57:23 PM

photos x2

Judging from photos of footballers and...ahem...imported Dutch and German videos: everyone looked like that in the 80s, so that proves nothing!

So far my options are Cork, Kilkenny, Kerry, Derry, Tyrone and Offaly.

The first two are discounted on grounds of gloryhunting, Kerry on the grounds of a nightmarish chamber pot/spitoon misadventure, Derry on the grounds that I don't sound like I've had my balls slammed in a drawer (this might've just been the one Derry boy I knew at Uni, hi!), Tyrone on the grounds that Derry have objected, Offaly because, whilst an ignorant f*cker, I'm not big...

Just be a Larry - you have it all: (a) highlight of the year will be the O'Byrne Cup/Bihatimber in Jan, when you're bored and have nothing better to be doing, (b) you'll only need to keep a fleeting glance at the National League in the Spring; the culmination will be Sunday afternoons in Spring while you're cutting the grass, (c) there will be a fleeting anticipation for a day in May/June in advance of the annual trouncing, (d) you'll be free to go anywhere on earth on your holidays in July/August, as you won't have to be looking for an Irish pub that shows the Sunday Game, and (e) you can adopt a haughty insouciance toward those counties that have pretensions of glory/greatness, for 12 months of the year generally.  Take the preferential route to happiness - join the Larries (no fees, no returns). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Your London roots mean you should look West, or wheshht as you will pronounce it from now on.
You will have to demonstrate the ability to endure wild mood swings, leaping for joy in euphoric optimism one second, banging your head off the ground the next.
You will need to learn how to ignore your neighbours love of sheep and naked billiards.
You will develop an Arsenal like indifference to a lack of silverware.
Finally once you have mastered the skill of inducing a state of zen calmness, while watching your hopes being sucked into a blender and shoved back out through your arse at high velocity, then you will have become a true Mayo supporter.
MWWSI 2017

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2012, 02:59:55 PM

Your London roots mean you should look West, or wheshht as you will pronounce it from now on.
You will have to demonstrate the ability to endure wild mood swings, leaping for joy in euphoric optimism one second, banging your head off the ground the next.
You will need to learn how to ignore your neighbours love of sheep and naked billiards.
You will develop an Arsenal like indifference to a lack of silverware.
Finally once you have mastered the skill of inducing a state of zen calmness, while watching your hopes being sucked into a blender and shoved back out through your arse at high velocity, then you will have become a true Mayo supporter.

That could all sound like Aberdeen FC, if you replaced "ignore" with "indulge, facilitiate and participate in".

AQMP

Don't forget Louth, another dearg agus ban county.

Rossfan

Just dislike Mayo , Camanachd , and you'll get on grand here in lovely underestimated Roscommon , the hidden heart of Ireland.
We don't expect much from life so we're seldom disappointed but we always have the consolation of knowing that we are a breed apart , a royal race , and of course totally superior to the smelly uncouth hoors the Lord in his wisdom has plonked beside us -- in the hope they might improve themselves.  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2012, 03:13:58 PM
Just dislike Mayo , Camanachd , and you'll get on grand here in lovely underestimated Roscommon , the hidden heart of Ireland.
We don't expect much from life so we're seldom disappointed but we always have the consolation of knowing that we are a breed apart , a royal race , and of course totally superior to the smelly uncouth hoors the Lord in his wisdom has plonked beside us -- in the hope they might improve themselves.  ;)

Specifically Blackface Mountain.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2012, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2012, 03:13:58 PM

Specifically Blackface Mountain.

Whereas in Aberdeen, that's an opportunity to breed together.  ;)

Hardy

Quote from: AQMP on February 16, 2012, 03:12:33 PM
Don't forget Louth, another dearg agus ban county.

Noticing that "Louth" can be constructed by the addition of a single letter to "Lout" got me musing idly about how many counties' names can be similarly derived.

Meat - well, more often the two pieces of bread to some other unfortunate piece of meat.
May - but haven't since 1951.
Cava - or Smithwicks - anything but training in any case.
Longfor - even an O'Byrne Cup.

etc.