Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

The BBC have said the following in their article:

It has now emerged that Rangers' game against Kilmarnock on Saturday may not go ahead unless police can be paid.

In a statement, Strathclyde Police said it had a duty to make sure public resources were used appropriately.

Testing Accessibility

AQMP

Quote from: ziggysego on February 14, 2012, 03:51:44 PM
The BBC have said the following in their article:

It has now emerged that Rangers' game against Kilmarnock on Saturday may not go ahead unless police can be paid.

In a statement, Strathclyde Police said it had a duty to make sure public resources were used appropriately.

Maybe a News International journo could help them out!

clarshack

Ulick

Quote from: passedit on February 14, 2012, 03:39:11 PM
Lot of good stuff here

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/category/rangers/

but basically Whyte's admin will do what he tells them and they can legally get away with. HMRC will go for the throat here though and although the case is ongoing, there are rumoured to be substantial unrelated VAT and PAYE bills.

Got to hand it to him, that's some slick move. He's basically bought a company with assets in the tens of £millions for a £1, paid it's multi-million £ debts by borrowing against future tickets sales, moved the valuable assets to another company owned by him and left the all debts in the £1 company. If all goes according to plan, he's home and hosed with no debt, owns the place outright and still has the future ticket sales to do with as he likes. Fuuukk.... would bring a tear to even Berties eye.

Rossfan

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 02:11:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 14, 2012, 01:59:45 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 01:49:08 PM
I was referring to the Irish flag being flown at sporting events within Scotland.  Perhaps my comment should read:  I'd prefer if the Red Hand or Tricolour were only used at sporting events in Scotland when someone present was representing the relevent nation.

Opening a can of worms with that terminology Camanachd  :D :D :D

Wish a Untied Ireland would just hurry up and happen, and save us mainlanders* from the terminological confusion.

*don't worry, that one was deliberate!

You chaps from North Britain * are only part of an island too   :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Rossfan on February 14, 2012, 04:43:29 PM
I was referring to the Irish flag being flown at sporting events within Scotland.  Perhaps my comment should read:  I'd prefer if the Red Hand or Tricolour were only used at sporting events in Scotland when someone present was representing the relevent nation.

Wish a Untied Ireland would just hurry up and happen, and save us mainlanders* from the terminological confusion.

;D

Don't you read the Unionist press?  Haven't you heard Salmond's out there right now with a big shovel trying to change the situation as we speak?

amallon

Quote from: Ulick on February 14, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
Got to hand it to him, that's some slick move. He's basically bought a company with assets in the tens of £millions for a £1, paid it's multi-million £ debts by borrowing against future tickets sales, moved the valuable assets to another company owned by him and left the all debts in the £1 company. If all goes according to plan, he's home and hosed with no debt, owns the place outright and still has the future ticket sales to do with as he likes. Fuuukk.... would bring a tear to even Berties eye.

Unbelievable stuff! Any accountants out there give us their odds on them getting away with this?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: amallon on February 14, 2012, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: Ulick on February 14, 2012, 04:31:30 PM

Unbelievable stuff! Any accountants out there give us their odds on them getting away with this?

Quite high, i think.  It depends how much Ticketus have actually lent to RFC, and how much they demand back, and whether HMRC get their claim to stick.

Rumours abound that Ticketus are a subsiduary of a subsiduary...of a subsiduary of a company owned by Whyte.

He's been in this sort of trouble before, he's made a living out of getting companies out of it. 

EDIT;  I'm in no way an accountant, I'm just paraphrasing accountants and people with experience of mercantile law from Aberdeen-Mad.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Haha, I thought you said you lived in London not Paris  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 02:19:02 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 14, 2012, 02:16:04 PM
If Rangers go out of business, who will Rangers fans then support? And who will Celtic fans hate?

1) FC Rangers 2012 or whoever, if Wimbledon, Accrington Stanley, ALdershot and 1.FC Lokomotive Leipzig can manage it, so can rangers.  Especially as the SFA won't be too averse to giving them a leg up.

2) Everyone, after all, everyone hates Celtic, it'd just be closing the circle.

It would mean the new Rangers would have 0 Titles.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 14, 2012, 05:05:14 PM

Have you ever met a native Londoner?  To them the mainland is inside the M25, outside the M25, here be dragons.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 04:52:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 14, 2012, 04:43:29 PM

;D

Don't you read the Unionist press?  Haven't you heard Salmond's out there right now with a big shovel trying to change the situation as we speak?

Ya but, all Ireland needs to do to stop being any bit British is to remove London's rule, you will always be British  ;)  ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 05:07:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 14, 2012, 05:05:14 PM

Have you ever met a native Londoner?  To them the mainland is inside the M25, outside the M25, here be dragons.

Sounds like the Dubs, inside the M50 is the City State of Dublin known as Ireland, outside is the West!!!!!! Clondalkin, Lucan, Counties Kildare and Meath. The colonies Dundalk, Longford, Mullingar, Portlaoise. The rest is Mordor (NI/6 Counties), & Yokel farmlands the rest. To the East is Mother England.

passedit

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 14, 2012, 05:12:20 PM
Sounds like the Dubs, inside the M50 is the City State of Dublin known as Ireland, outside is the West!!!!!! Clondalkin, Lucan, Counties Kildare and Meath. The colonies Dundalk, Longford, Mullingar, Portlaoise. The rest is Mordor (NI/6 Counties), & Yokel farmlands the rest. To the East is Mother England.

That comment is beyond the pale  >:(
Don't Panic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: passedit on February 14, 2012, 05:17:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 14, 2012, 05:12:20 PM

That comment is beyond the pale  >:(

passedit you cannot see beyond your white picket fence  ;)  :D