All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Cross certainly must be considered as the best club team since the comp started.

Pulling on the county jersey is no doubt considered a major step down for the Cross players. 

DuffleKing

I'm sure you don't speak for the 4/5 who will be good enough utb

armaghranger12

4/5 more like the 7/8 that will be good enough..

ogshead

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 27, 2012, 10:32:00 AM

Cross are some outfit alright but your posts are awful cocky ar12... name the 7/8 and who they would replace in the county team.

armaghranger12

Quote from: ogshead on February 27, 2012, 12:14:51 PM

Cross are some outfit alright but your posts are awful cocky ar12... name the 7/8 and who they would replace in the county team.

Hearty is no .1
James Morgan- Declan Mc Kenna
Aaron Kernan- Kevin Dyas
Paul Mc Keown- Fin Mo
David Mc Kenna/Johnny Hannratty- Toner and Lavery. (I know mal and Charlie are there at the minute)
Tony k- Brian mallon
Aaron C or Stephen Kernan - Anto duffy
Jamie Clarke- John Kingham

I don't mean any disrespect to the players but man for man is the Cross players not better?

My Championship Team
1)   Hearty
2)   James Morgan
3)   Brendan Donaghy
4)   Paul Mc Keown
5)   Aaron Kernan
6)   Mc Keever
7)   Andy Mallon
8)   Charlie
9)   Titch or Johnny
10)    Aaron Cunnigham
11)   Mal Mackin
12)   Tony Kernan
13)   Gavin Mc Parland
14)   Stevie Mc Donnell
15)   Jamie Clarke

fitzroyalty

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 27, 2012, 04:54:28 PM

Hearty is no .1
Aaron Kernan- Kevin Dyas
Paul Mc Keown- Fin Mo
David Mc Kenna/Johnny Hannratty- Toner and Lavery. (I know mal and Charlie are there at the minute)
Tony k- Brian mallon

I don't mean any disrespect to the players but man for man is the Cross players not better?

My Championship Team
1)   Hearty Probably No1 but may not be guaranteed after flop last year
2)   James Morgan Either him or McKeown, but not both
3)   Brendan Donaghy
4)   Paul Mc Keown see above
5)   Aaron Kernan definitely
6)   Mc Keever
7)   Andy Mallon - Would have Dyas here and Mallon at CB at expense of Morgan/McKeown
8)   Charlie
9)   Titch or Johnny - no way to both
10)    Aaron Cunnigham - no way
11)   Mal Mackin
12)   Tony Kernan
13)   Gavin Mc Parland
14)   Stevie Mc Donnell
15)   Jamie Clarke - definitely
All due respect but putting in a good shift against some mediocre Kerry club side isn't the same as going toe-to-toe  for an hour with our bog-dwelling short-arses from across the Blackwater.

I would certainly have most of those players in the panel but it would be unfair to those who are already shining with both the U21 and senior sides (Campbell, Forker, McParland, McVerry etc) to be disregarded just to make way for the Cross contingent.

ogshead

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 27, 2012, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 27, 2012, 04:54:28 PM

Hearty is no .1
Aaron Kernan- Kevin Dyas
Paul Mc Keown- Fin Mo
Tony k- Brian mallon

My Championship Team
1)   Hearty Probably No1 but may not be guaranteed after flop last year
2)   James Morgan Either him or McKeown, but not both
3)   Brendan Donaghy
4)   Paul Mc Keown see above
5)   Aaron Kernan definitely
6)   Mc Keever
7)   Andy Mallon - Would have Dyas here and Mallon at CB at expense of Morgan/McKeown
8)   Charlie
9)   Titch or Johnny - no way to both
10)    Aaron Cunnigham - no way
11)   Mal Mackin
12)   Tony Kernan
13)   Gavin Mc Parland
14)   Stevie Mc Donnell
15)   Jamie Clarke - definitely
All due respect but putting in a good shift against some mediocre Kerry club side isn't the same as going toe-to-toe  for an hour with our bog-dwelling short-arses from across the Blackwater.

I would certainly have most of those players in the panel but it would be unfair to those who are already shining with both the U21 and senior sides (Campbell, Forker, McParland, McVerry etc) to be disregarded just to make way for the Cross contingent.

I'm glad this sparked a debate... as good as Cross are at club level not all their players make the cut at county level. I don't know why this is, maybe the players can't motivate themselves for anyone else other than their club or because it is just one level too high for them. Again, it could be that they have been playing non-stop for the last 24 months and are burnt out.

armaghniac

Cross players are certainly worth considering, although the likes of Forker and McVerry showed promise against the Kerry county team and not just a Kerry club.

But in the Cross setup players know what they are expected to do and they know how other players will play to them etc. In recent years there has been very little sign that Armagh players have a clear idea of their role and coordination of play hasn't been great. Perhaps this will change this year, Tralee gave some hope.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghranger12

I was just winding the good people up there. I personally think that there will only be 5 max Cross players and i don't think any more would be deserve their places. Hearty, Morgan, Aaron, Tony Kernan and Jamie would be the 5 but would have some others as back up.  The younger players have took their chance since they got it and they would not deserve to be dropped just because the Cross players are back. 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 28, 2012, 10:01:26 AM
I was just winding the good people up there. I personally think that there will only be 5 max Cross players and i don't think any more would be deserve their places. Hearty, Morgan, Aaron, Tony Kernan and Jamie would be the 5 but would have some others as back up.  The younger players have took their chance since they got it and they would not deserve to be dropped just because the Cross players are back.

Would agree with that with maybe TK possibly replaced by Johnny Hanratty.  I think they need his "dogness" around the midfield. 

rowzocull12

Cross should win the final easily with the use of young talent, primarily in the form of Squilly O'neil, Paul Sweeney and most obvious Vilius Vilchiesknas. Also heard that Drumintee stalwart, Conor Wesley Hoey, is seeking to secure a transfer to Cross? Any truth in this?

armaghranger12

I dont no if your looking work rate and dogness tk has to be the man. Watching the game on T.V last week taught he was by far man of the match for the amount of ball he got and never give it away (apart from his shot which led to aarons goal). every time Cross needed a go-to-man it was him. 

CornerBackNo2

1, Hearty
2, Mallon
3, Donaghy
4, Morgan
5, Kernan
6, McKeever
7, Dyas/Duffy
8, Vernon
9, McKenna
10, Mackin
11, S Kernan
12, McParland/Cunningham
13, J Clarke
14, McDonnell
15, McVerry

Onion Bag

All this talk of hearty in goals, i have seen enough of Geoughan throughtout the mc kenna cup and league to date to say that i reckon he will get the nod for the number 1 jersey.
Hearty is so unpredictable at times and has made some howlers, i.e The goal against tyrone last year,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Applesisapples

Geoghan looks a good prospect, but Hearty will get the nod on experience and his kickouts.