All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

I'm pretty sure you miss the next game, regardless if it falls outside of the suspension time window.

armaghniac

Quotei would imagine he will get a month, which will make his suspension end at midnight on 16th March. The leap year has saved him !!

An interesting theory, but not very likely.

I don't think Kernan did much more than push off his man, who clattered into him.

Terrible to miss the final as Captain.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orangemac

Kernan should have a good chance of getting the red card overturned. Coldrick was acting on linesmans advice.

As someone has said Cross are machines. When 7 points down and when the 2nd Crokes goal went in you would have said it was curtains for any other team but Cross never panic, keep winning their individual battles and sticking to the gameplan.

There are no egos, no gloryhunters. They always have 7/8 scorers, always have 20 men putting in a hard shift, no man is carrying the team and even when not playing well like Cunningham was yesterday can still make key contributions here and there.

Aaron Kernan was immense yesterday, composure for the goal and dictating play throughout. Getting him to replicate club form into county form will be a major part of transforming Armaghs fortunes as will bringing in James Morgan.

Onlooker

Quote from: Onlooker on February 13, 2012, 08:55:07 PM
I am going for a Garrycastle v. Crossmaglen final.
Nice to right an odd time.  Well done to both, especially Crossmaglen for gining the right answer to the "crowd segregation" Chairman and Committee in Killarney.

Hardy

Quote from: Orangemac on February 19, 2012, 09:29:21 AM
Kernan should have a good chance of getting the red card overturned. Coldrick was acting on linesmans advice.

As someone has said Cross are machines. When 7 points down and when the 2nd Crokes goal went in you would have said it was curtains for any other team but Cross never panic, keep winning their individual battles and sticking to the gameplan.

There are no egos, no gloryhunters. They always have 7/8 scorers, always have 20 men putting in a hard shift, no man is carrying the team and even when not playing well like Cunningham was yesterday can still make key contributions here and there.

Aaron Kernan was immense yesterday, composure for the goal and dictating play throughout. Getting him to replicate club form into county form will be a major part of transforming Armaghs fortunes as will bringing in James Morgan.

They've always reminded me very much of a team I used to know.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

lenny

Quote from: Orangemac on February 19, 2012, 09:29:21 AM

Agreed. Great match and dr crokes deserve great credit for their part in the match. Thought their build up play and passing were top notch in the first half. Cross didn't panic though and when mckenna came on they got a grip at midfield. Kernan seemed to be unlucky to get a red so hopefully he should get that overturned.

ross4life

St. Brigid's manager Noel O'Brien stepped down after the game yesterday two Roscommon/Connacht championships in his time with the team all the best to him wherever he goes next?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on February 19, 2012, 04:24:52 PM
St. Brigid's manager Noel O'Brien stepped down after the game yesterday two Roscommon/Connacht championships in his time with the team all the best to him wherever he goes next?

I hear Garrycastle have an opening. Don't if the arduous commute of 500 yards will be too much for him, though.

Blowitupref

On league Sunday tonight Pat Spillane brought up this article.

What has made McEntee one of the most enlightened coaches currently operating in football though, is that as much as his team train hard, they train even harder. As he continuously says, in Crossmaglen they're in the business not of producing athletes but footballers. The core of his whole philosophy revolves around the skills of the game, especially what's supposed to be the game's core skill — kicking the ball.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/the-way-of-the-cross-184317.html#ixzz1mrYTwRzz
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

INDIANA

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 19, 2012, 08:47:18 PM

What has made McEntee one of the most enlightened coaches currently operating in football though, is that as much as his team train hard, they train even harder. As he continuously says, in Crossmaglen they're in the business not of producing athletes but footballers. The core of his whole philosophy revolves around the skills of the game, especially what's supposed to be the game's core skill — kicking the ball.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/the-way-of-the-cross-184317.html#ixzz1mrYTwRzz

Absolutely sure he's the only coach in ireland teaching the basic skills ;D

Orchardman

Quote from: INDIANA on February 19, 2012, 08:48:43 PM

Absolutely sure he's the only coach in ireland teaching the basic skills ;D

Your right there, if only a lot of county teams would have more players who can kick the ball properly, and this has been a problem for a long time. I have noticed on many occasions the last few years watching their big games, when a man is coming out with the ball in his own square packed with players, and nearly always manages to nail a kick pass to either wing half back position and a man there to collect. How many county sides fliff about with 10 handpasses in their own half going nowhere.

I should point out though I much prefer a team to hold possession that kick a rubbish long ball for the sake of it, as in the so called golden era of the 70's that spiilane harks back too

theticklemister

best kicker of the ball on display yesterday was the number 8 fella for Garrycastle! wouldnt mind getting the service he gave yesterday.

Orchardman

Just read the article there, remembered seeing this before but i loved it!

As the team bus approached Croke Park before the 2002 All-Ireland final, Tierney was taken aback by the sea of orange and white near Quinn's Corner. "Jesus, Tony, have you ever seen anything like it?"

"I know, Benny," said McEntee. "Did you ever see so much talent in your life?"

Leo

Quote from: Orchardman on February 19, 2012, 09:35:02 PM

Thanks Benny, good one.

Just read the article there, remembered seeing this before but i loved it!

As the team bus approached Croke Park before the 2002 All-Ireland final, Tierney was taken aback by the sea of orange and white near Quinn's Corner. "Jesus, Tony, have you ever seen anything like it?"

"I know, Benny," said McEntee. "Did you ever see so much talent in your life?"
Fierce tame altogether