Gay marriage

Started by Eamonnca1, February 09, 2012, 07:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteThe least possibility? By that standard there should be no adoption by anyone anywhere. There is always a possibility that the prospective father will turn out to be an alcoholic or an abuser or a gambler.

Don't try and divert what I said. My contention was that there is no convincing reason to extend traditional criteria for adoption and that doing so is an unproven experiment, one that children should not be subjected to without need.

QuoteAnd equal treatment is exactly the point.

Equal treatment is not the point. What's best for children is the point. This talk of equal treatment suggests that children are not the focus of this argument, but rather the validation of the adults.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on February 10, 2012, 12:47:52 AM
QuoteThe least possibility? By that standard there should be no adoption by anyone anywhere. There is always a possibility that the prospective father will turn out to be an alcoholic or an abuser or a gambler.

Don't try and divert what I said. My contention was that there is no convincing reason to extend traditional criteria for adoption and that doing so is an unproven experiment, one that children should not be subjected to without need.

QuoteAnd equal treatment is exactly the point.

Equal treatment is not the point. What's best for children is the point. This talk of equal treatment suggests that children are not the focus of this argument, but rather the validation of the adults.

You boys have been asked a number of times to provide some evidence that the best interests of children would not be met by allowing gay adoption. Maybe YOU can give us some?

Tony Baloney

Is anyone on this board allowed to have an opinion without the PC brigade climbing all over them. EC etc have stated opinions and have not claimed them to be fact. Deal with it people, you can't browbeat everyone into submission.

armaghniac

QuoteYou boys have been asked a number of times to provide some evidence that the best interests of children would not be met by allowing gay adoption. Maybe YOU can give us some?

We don't have to provide any evidence. There is a long track record of adoption by regular couples, there is a large supply of such couples wishing to adopt. There is no need to subject children to experiments in untested arrangements which offer no advantages.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: armaghniac on February 10, 2012, 12:59:06 AM
QuoteYou boys have been asked a number of times to provide some evidence that the best interests of children would not be met by allowing gay adoption. Maybe YOU can give us some?

We don't have to provide any evidence. There is a long track record of adoption by regular couples, there is a large supply of such couples wishing to adopt. There is no need to subject children to experiments in untested arrangements which offer no advantages.

Hello? Did you watch my video?

Forever Green

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 10, 2012, 12:55:18 AM
Is anyone on this board allowed to have an opinion without the PC brigade climbing all over them. EC etc have stated opinions and have not claimed them to be fact. Deal with it people, you can't browbeat everyone into submission.

Well said ya gayboy

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 10, 2012, 01:06:33 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 10, 2012, 12:59:06 AM

Hello? Did you watch my video?

Blocked in the 26, probably the lack of shaving.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 10, 2012, 12:55:18 AM

Translation: "Stop throwing these facts and cogent arguments at me! I don't want to hear anything that challenges my existing values or belief system!"

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 09, 2012, 05:25:12 PM
Those opposed to gays raising children should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q&feature=related

There it is again for those who missed it. What would you say to his female parents? Would you take one look at their gender and say that this lad turned out badly?

armaghniac

Quotehere it is again for those who missed it.

So what. This video shows what exactly? Nobody is saying that same sex couples cannot raise children.

Forever Green

As he drove along the highway, a guy kept seeing billboards with beautiful, tanned people and the words: Visit the Garden of Hedon. His curiosity got the best of him and he turned off the road at the entrance to the place a few miles down the road. He went inside a building marked "Registration" and saw an attractive woman sitting at a desk.

"Exactly what do you do here?" he asked.

"It's quite simple," said the receptionist. "This is a nudist camp. We take off all our clothes and commune with nature."

"Cool," said the guy, "count me in!" So he paid his membership fee, took off his gear and strolled off. As he walked along a path, he saw a big sign which read, "Beware of Gays." A little further along he saw another sign which read the same thing: "Beware of Gays."

He continued walking until he came to a small clearing which had a bronze plaque set in the ground. He bent over to read the plaque and it said, "Sorry, you've had two warnings!"

Eamonnca1

Quote from: armaghniac on February 10, 2012, 01:21:58 AM
Quotehere it is again for those who missed it.

So what. This video shows what exactly? Nobody is saying that same sex couples cannot raise children.

Er, yes they are.

The Iceman

Eamonn, posting one video from youtube does not equate to evidence that gay couples provide a loving and valuable family.
I would point to us all, assuming we were all brought up in normal households (as I define the term and as God intended) that we turned out ok - is that not evidence enough that a hetrosexual set of parents are fit for the job? If God wanted two men to have children surely he would have equipped them with the bits and pieces to get the job done without the need for a woman?

I don't want the right to flaunt anything more that the PC brigade want the right to flaunt their opinions.
If laws have to be changed to appease the PC Brigade then why not changed to account for Christian's beliefs?
Why are the needs of Homosexuals and people who decide they are actually men born in women's bodies more important than mine?
Why should I be forced to go against my beliefs when every door has to be flung open for a love triangle of two men and one woman who call themselves a "family" and decide they want to adopt?

Am I saying that Gay couples cannot make good parents? NO
I am sure there are lots of examples and instances where they have. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it, it doesn't mean because the two lads you know from work have a lovely girl that they have tea parties with, that I have to applaud.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. My argument from the outset is that if you want your rights, then I am entitled to mine.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on February 10, 2012, 01:43:43 AM
Eamonn, posting one video from youtube does not equate to evidence that gay couples provide a loving and valuable family.
I would point to us all, assuming we were all brought up in normal households (as I define the term and as God intended) that we turned out ok - is that not evidence enough that a hetrosexual set of parents are fit for the job? If God wanted two men to have children surely he would have equipped them with the bits and pieces to get the job done without the need for a woman?

I don't want the right to flaunt anything more that the PC brigade want the right to flaunt their opinions.
If laws have to be changed to appease the PC Brigade then why not changed to account for Christian's beliefs?
Why are the needs of Homosexuals and people who decide they are actually men born in women's bodies more important than mine?
Why should I be forced to go against my beliefs when every door has to be flung open for a love triangle of two men and one woman who call themselves a "family" and decide they want to adopt?

Am I saying that Gay couples cannot make good parents? NO
I am sure there are lots of examples and instances where they have. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it, it doesn't mean because the two lads you know from work have a lovely girl that they have tea parties with, that I have to applaud.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. My argument from the outset is that if you want your rights, then I am entitled to mine.

Can you elaborate and provide proof?
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Ice, listen to me.

Nobody is stopping heterosexual couples from marrying or raising children.

Somebody is stopping gay couples from getting married and raising children.

Do you see the difference?