Kerry v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUst retired

Dont blame Donaghy,sure is he not of Tyrone extraction? Those Tyronies again. :D

Keane

There's a lot of talk since the game about attitude, motivation etc. which does a bit of a disservice to the sheer quality of the scores Armagh took under immense pressure in the second half. Really good performance by them on every level, it wasn't just a case of workmanlike journeymen out-muscling the footballers with the big heart by any means.

Not much to say re:Tomás O'Sé. He's always had a nasty streak, this is just the latest in a long line of indiscretions. He should be punished for intent, not outcome. There is no place for stuff like a knee to the balls in sport, he ought to be ashamed of himself in this instance. Wonderful player, but lets himself down too often.

Too many players throughout the team giving lip to refs, Donaghy is just the most frequent. It all needs to be cut right out. It's a symptom of players not taking responsibility for their own performances and is worrying. Players are casting about for someone to blame when things aren't going their way instead of finding it within themselves to up their level. That shit costs you in tight games and on big occasions.

armaghniac

QuotePlayers are casting about for someone to blame when things aren't going their way instead of finding it within themselves to up their level. That shit costs you in tight games and on big occasions.

I think a lot of players could learn from Mal Mackin. He's always put in an honest effort, but for many years it didn't quite work out for him. He stuck at it and has upped his game and is now an important part of the Armagh team. He certainly did the needful on Saturday last, long may he continue..
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: armaghniac on February 13, 2012, 03:22:24 PM
QuotePlayers are casting about for someone to blame when things aren't going their way instead of finding it within themselves to up their level. That shit costs you in tight games and on big occasions.

I think a lot of players could learn from Mal Mackin. He's always put in an honest effort, but for many years it didn't quite work out for him. He stuck at it and has upped his game and is now an important part of the Armagh team. He certainly did the needful on Saturday last, long may he continue..

A player I once said I didn't rate... he has improved no end to be fair. His kicking especially. He was one of the main reasons Armagh won Sat night.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Keane on February 13, 2012, 01:42:03 PM
There's a lot of talk since the game about attitude, motivation etc. which does a bit of a disservice to the sheer quality of the scores Armagh took under immense pressure in the second half. Really good performance by them on every level, it wasn't just a case of workmanlike journeymen out-muscling the footballers with the big heart by any means.

Not much to say re:Tomás O'Sé. He's always had a nasty streak, this is just the latest in a long line of indiscretions. He should be punished for intent, not outcome. There is no place for stuff like a knee to the balls in sport, he ought to be ashamed of himself in this instance. Wonderful player, but lets himself down too often.

Too many players throughout the team giving lip to refs, Donaghy is just the most frequent. It all needs to be cut right out. It's a symptom of players not taking responsibility for their own performances and is worrying. Players are casting about for someone to blame when things aren't going their way instead of finding it within themselves to up their level. That shit costs you in tight games and on big occasions.

Great post, very fair

armaghniac

QuoteA player I once said I didn't rate...

I suspect that two thirds of the Armagh posters have expressed doubts about him in the past.....
All the better that he has come into his own.

One good thing about the Armagh performance is that some long established players have found form (two Mallons, Mackin) as well as the newcomers. A good blend to have.

Armamike

To be fair to Kerry and those regulars who lined out, it was probably harder for them to lift themselves against mainly unknown opposition on a cold February night in a league game. But it's heartening to see a bit of quality coming through from the new faces in the Armagh team the past couple of games - hopefully it will continue. It looks like now, for the first time in many years, there is a bit of competition this year in the 6 forward positions which is great to see. With the players who are out injured or with Cross we have possibly 12 or 13 decent players fighting for 6 places, injuries permitting.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Keane

Cross being beaten next week would probably be the catalyst for a potentially great year for Armagh. If they could get those lads integrated back into the squad early it could only be a good thing for the county team.

armaghniac

QuoteIf they could get those lads integrated back into the squad early it could only be a good thing for the county team.

I suspect Cross will not want to make things worse for Kerry by depriving them of their key player any longer.  :)

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: armaghniac on February 13, 2012, 04:10:08 PM
QuoteIf they could get those lads integrated back into the squad early it could only be a good thing for the county team.

I suspect Cross will not want to make things worse for Kerry by depriving them of their key player any longer.  :)

;D Very good. That game will be fascinating. Big contrast in styles, but qulaity footballers on both sides.

On Armagh, I'm sure most fans are sensible enough, but one good performance in February doesn't mean a whole lot so I would urge caution. On the positive side though, players looked well in tune with each other and the Cross players will obviously boost the team when they return. By the way, what height is that Kingham fella...looks huge togged out anyway.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Nally Stand

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 11, 2012, 07:23:03 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 11, 2012, 12:02:16 PM
Quote from: Armaghgael on February 10, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
Heading to the game. Any thing worth going to see?

The Sam maguire.... o wait Dublin won it last year...

Oh great, Nordies in Kerry impressing us with their great "wit". football
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

johnpower

Good win by Armagh I think Kerry are sliping with the league needing to be used to get some new talent in. Armagh looked organgised  Interesting interview tonight on Kerry radio where Armagh selector mentioned that they have 5 injured forwards as well as the Crossmaglen contingent to come back.

He also mentioned that the Armagh backroom team were not very familar with the ref and used internet forums to get some info.

macdanger2

Some win for Armagh, fair play to them. You'd have got massive odds on that!!

5 Sams

Galvin tweeting that Kevin Dyas is a no bullshit good sportsman who plays football....on the other hand I'd love to know what McKeever said to Tomás :o
The Aristocrat Years

lawnseed

so who are waiting for from crossmaglen? i only see jamie and arron getting on at the moment
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once