Kerry v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2012, 11:02:03 AM
The reality (when its not midterm break) is that aaron and jamie would make the armagh team and tk, sk and morgan are able for the squad.

Club football is waaay below county stadard and thankfully Grimley will be well aware of that and won't waste time and places on the panel finding the rest out.

When cross hopefully win the all ireland that won't change things - club teams beat other club teams all the time but doesn't change the individual capabilities of the players.

At the top end there's not much at all between the best club teams and D4 and D3 teams. I'm sure there will have been instances of the top teams losing to clubs too. Brigids only let mighty Carlow score 1-2 in a match and regularly beat county teams.

Players from the undoubted best club in a county will allways be worth a look, especially if the county in question hasn't been particularly successful recently.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 18, 2012, 11:02:03 AM
The reality (when its not midterm break) is that aaron and jamie would make the armagh team and tk, sk and morgan are able for the squad.

Club football is waaay below county stadard and thankfully Grimley will be well aware of that and won't waste time and places on the panel finding the rest out.

When cross hopefully win the all ireland that won't change things - club teams beat other club teams all the time but doesn't change the individual capabilities of the players.

Paul Hearty will still be #1
I'd have Paul Kernan as back up to Donaghy (god forbid anything happened him!)
I'd have McKeown in as back up (We don't have many corner backs as good!)
If Titch got himself fit looking i'd have him & Hanratty on the verges of midfield starters
Cunningham would be pushing Anto Duffy for the wing forward position too.

That's 11!!!!