Kerry v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Hopefully the unmerciful hiding that we thought Cork might deliver wont be delivered this weekend.  As regarding the Armagh team, the team that finished v Cork should be near enough our starting team, I'd really like to see Dyas drop back to 7 and F Mo dropped, I think he is a bit of a liability.  I'd be very suprised if Kingham gets the nod again, but with our options fairly limited and the performance of Mal Mackin v Cork I'd imagine he might get a chance at 14, if he doesn't take it I reckon he'll not feature again.  Because of the need for physicality we might see something like:

Geoghan
Mallon, donaghy, McKenna
Duffy, McKeever, Dyas
Vernon, Lavery
A Duffy, Mackin, MOR/Forker
Campbell, Kingham, C Rafferty.

Armaghgael

Quote from: bennydorano on February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 PM
Hopefully the unmerciful hiding that we thought Cork might deliver wont be delivered this weekend.  As regarding the Armagh team, the team that finished v Cork should be near enough our starting team, I'd really like to see Dyas drop back to 7 and F Mo dropped, I think he is a bit of a liability.  I'd be very suprised if Kingham gets the nod again, but with our options fairly limited and the performance of Mal Mackin v Cork I'd imagine he might get a chance at 14, if he doesn't take it I reckon he'll not feature again.  Because of the need for physicality we might see something like:

Geoghan
Mallon, donaghy, McKenna
Duffy, McKeever, Dyas
Vernon, Lavery

Mackin is nailed on for midfield

Not at FF
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Midman

hoping Niall gets his game in nets as I think he's done well  and that they spell his name right :-) its Geoghegan

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: bennydorano on February 08, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Geoghan
Mallon, donaghy, McKenna
Duffy, McKeever, Dyas
Vernon, Lavery

Ah jaysus, coming down to Tralee and you want to drop you're only player with Kerry heritage? ;D

Seriously though, we will field pretty much the same team, maybe Seán Sullivan will get the high road, not sure. Looking forward to it now...usually good hard games between us.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Goats Do Shave

Many Armagh folk heading down?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 09, 2012, 10:28:57 AM
A long way to go for a pasting, although i hope the play like they did second half Sunday which should keep the score respectable.

orchard 8195

Whats the story with kennelly is he coming back to the panel this year? sorry if this has been stated already have been outve the loop for a while with all things GAA.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 09, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
A long way to go for a pasting, although i hope the play like they did second half Sunday which should keep the score respectable.

But sure it'll be good craic!  ;)

Captain Obvious

From Armagh point of view one would hope Kerry are more at ease after beating the Dubs, maybe Armagh will sneak in for another unexpected draw.

Keane

I certainly think Armagh have every chance to cover the spread, but I'd expect Kerry to get the result alright.

ardchieftain

Team announced

1 Niall Geoghegan
2 Andy Mallon
3 Brendan Donaghy
4 Declan McKenna
5 Kevin Dyas
6 Ciaran McKeever
7 Finnian Moriarty
8 Charlie Vernon
9 Malachy Mackin
10 Aidan Forker
11 Brian Mallon
12 Anto Duffy
13 Caolan Rafferty
14 Stefan Campbell
15 Eugene McVerry

16 Philip McEvoy
17 Paul Duffy
18 David Lavery
19 Mark Shields
20 Billy Joe Padden
21 Paul Carvill
22 James Lavery
23 Ryan Rafferty
24 Colm Watters
25 John Kingham
26 Michael Stevenson

Agent Orange

Hard to beat a weekend in Kerry.

Does anyone know if Niall Geoghegan is any relation to Billy?

lawnseed

is the game on telly/line?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Very attack minded looking team there, mightn't be the right  option for this game thou, but after the dung that's been forced upon us these past few years it's good to see the change in emphasis.  There's a distinct lack of physicality in that forward line thou - Kerry are knaves & will try and batter the childer.