Radda bout yeee

Saturday Bet:

Dublin -4
Antrim -3
Meath
Derry

20/1

Keane

Dublin -4 is a big ask, 11 players missing from the AI final team and Laois going ok.

Gaabellting

Word of warning on Offaly........They have played two challenges since the roscommon game and won both of them. Defeated a strong laois 15 last weekend(11 starters from team that beat donegal) by 6 points and beat wicklow the week prior to that 18 points to 13. Expect a better showing from them atleast but whether that is enough to beat Antrim is another question. Im guessing Niall Mc Namee is back judging on those results

GAA_Talk

Where do you all do you bets? bookies or online? my local bookies odds are pretty pish so what site would be the best option?

shark

Quote from: GAA_Talk on March 03, 2012, 01:48:45 PM
Where do you all do you bets? bookies or online? my local bookies odds are pretty pish so what site would be the best option?

www.oddschecker.com

GAA_Talk

Quote from: shark on March 03, 2012, 02:09:14 PM

www.oddschecker.com

cheers Shark. already have a William Hill acc but been told it's not the greatest. bet fair looks decent. any one in particular you would recommend to set up and use as my primary site?

rodney trotter

I do it online usually, with boyles they have have decent odds.

shark

Quote from: GAA_Talk on March 03, 2012, 02:18:57 PM
www.oddschecker.com
cheers Shark. already have a William Hill acc but been told it's not the greatest. bet fair looks decent. any one in particular you would recommend to set up and use as my primary site?

I have accounts with about 10 different websites. When I have a bet I want to make I check to see who is offering the best odds for that particular bet. Simple as. I don't gamble often but when I do it tends to be a sizeable bet so small difference in odds can lead to very different returns.

Milltown Row2

Have went for

Cork
Derry
Rossie
Sligo

Should all be tight games and the odds are fine Banana skins out there for the handicapper.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Gaabellting on March 02, 2012, 02:31:33 PM
Word of warning on Offaly........They have played two challenges since the roscommon game and won both of them. Defeated a strong laois 15 last weekend(11 starters from team that beat donegal) by 6 points and beat wicklow the week prior to that 18 points to 13. Expect a better showing from them atleast but whether that is enough to beat Antrim is another question. Im guessing Niall Mc Namee is back judging on those results

Offaly ebbed even lower tonight.

This is why challenge matches should never even enter into the equation. They are glorified training sessions against other teams, not full intensity matches. It's completely unpredictable as to what a win or a lose in challenge matches does to a team, or if it does anything at all.

Bill Haven

Quote from: shark on March 03, 2012, 05:35:15 PM
Quote from: GAA_Talk on March 03, 2012, 02:18:57 PM
www.oddschecker.com

I have accounts with about 10 different websites. When I have a bet I want to make I check to see who is offering the best odds for that particular bet. Simple as. I don't gamble often but when I do it tends to be a sizeable bet so small difference in odds can lead to very different returns.

it's the only way to do it. small differences in odds add up in the long term.

one thing I would advise is to set up a moneybookers account. it only takes a minute and it means you won't have any transactions with bookies coming up on your bank statement.

they can be pissy enough about that sort of thing apparently.

Keane

If you're not shopping around for best prices keep your money in your pocket. It's hard enough to be profitable without giving up whatever edge you might have by backing at the wrong price.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 02, 2012, 11:40:44 AM
Saturday Bet:

Dublin -4
Antrim -3
Meath
Derry

20/1

Close but no cigar  :-\ - Those pesky Meathers - don't know why I backed them - I still can't get over 1996!

theticklemister

Did anyone get a bet up....... Only banker of last week was Leinster -3 in the hurling which then went out to -5 before the off with WH.sportsireland.com. Said it was only 5 points in it, however in checking the paper the next morn to my surprise they won by 7!!! Sweet. Think WH must of got hammered in that match at weekend!

However very hard to pick winners in the NFL! My advice is get all yer money on whoever is playing Kilkenny and win small!!

Milltown Row2

Aye Leinster was the best bet, in hindsight.  >:(

Tipp in the football against Cavan, Tipp at home 10/11

Offaly in the hurling away to Wexford 8/13

If you want to put in Kerry v Donegal at 4/11 and Fermanagh V Wicklow at 4/11 to bump it up, then they seem safe enough bankers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea