Bets for the Weekend

Started by theticklemister, February 08, 2012, 12:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Fancy Tyrone 8/15 home to Derry, Fermanagh 4/9 at home to Clare  and Kildare 4/9 away to Monagahan.

Anyone else any 'Bankers'??

mouview

Galway at 1/4 to beat Louth at home is quite scimpy but they should do it - double it with France 1/5 to beat Ireland in the rugby, nailed on certainty of the weekend.

IolarCoisCuain

Mayo 6/5 with Ladbrokes at home to Dublin is the bet of the week.

LilySavage

Kildare were 4/6 when i checked PP on monday nite, think its 8/13 now

HiMucker

Quote from: mouview on February 08, 2012, 12:48:05 AM
Galway at 1/4 to beat Louth at home is quite scimpy but they should do it - double it with France 1/5 to beat Ireland in the rugby, nailed on certainty of the weekend.
Terrible bet!  £40 bet to get £60 back waiting on two outcomes. You need to go for handicap on that double to get any value.

mouview

Quote from: HiMucker on February 08, 2012, 11:17:14 AM
Quote from: mouview on February 08, 2012, 12:48:05 AM
Terrible bet!  £40 bet to get £60 back waiting on two outcomes. You need to go for handicap on that double to get any value.

Not great odds, no, but in terms of recouping investment it's a good shot.

Keane

8/15 looks pretty short on the Tyrone win, would be tempted to oppose at that price on initial analysis.

Onlooker

AQMP

Quote from: Onlooker on February 08, 2012, 12:27:06 PM
Any price on Derrytresk?.

One female punter has put the price of a new handbag on them to win.

nothingbettertobeat

Derryresk 6-5 Draw 15-2 Clonbur 8-13
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

theticklemister

What about Clonbur then worth a punt??

Regarding the intermediate semis, Castlemaine who beat Craigbane were not overally impressive as Craigbane did not perform at all and only got beat by a point. Mind ye they have some midfielder! What are the Davitts from Mayo like?

galwayman

Davitts are a good strong side. They won Connacht fairly comfortably and walked their AI semi.
There's 2 of their team currently on the Mayo panel and both will probably be near enough to the starting Mayo team this summer.
I haven't seen them in the flesh this year but have seen them a few times over the past few seasons and they seem to be a good bit better again this year.
Michael Conroy in the full forward line has been their star for most of the campaign. Has been racking up the scores all year.
I'd fancy them to win their game.

My own club were beaten in the Galway county final by Clonbur. They are also a decent side. They have no real individual stars but are a good solid all round team.
It's a tough one to call. Derrytresk obviously missing a few lads through suspension but they must be a decent enough side to have beaten Dromid Pearses.

Joxer

Odds from PP

Kildare -2 6/5
Galway -4 1/1
Tyrone -2 1/1
Meath -4 1/1

About 17/1 or so

Captain Obvious

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on February 08, 2012, 01:42:13 PM
Derryresk 6-5 Draw 15-2 Clonbur 8-13

Derryresk with all those suspended players will have there work cut out to win this final.

theticklemister

Quote from: galwayman on February 08, 2012, 03:24:38 PM
Davitts are a good strong side. They won Connacht fairly comfortably and walked their AI semi.
There's 2 of their team currently on the Mayo panel and both will probably be near enough to the starting Mayo team this summer.
I haven't seen them in the flesh this year but have seen them a few times over the past few seasons and they seem to be a good bit better again this year.
Michael Conroy in the full forward line has been their star for most of the campaign. Has been racking up the scores all year.
I'd fancy them to win their game.

My own club were beaten in the Galway county final by Clonbur. They are also a decent side. They have no real individual stars but are a good solid all round team.
It's a tough one to call. Derrytresk obviously missing a few lads through suspension but they must be a decent enough side to have beaten Dromid Pearses.

Na lad was down at the game the Dromaird Pearses team were terrible, looked like they only started playing football a few weeks back. Their handling skills were woeful and they looked 'oldish'. Even though they went to 13 men they wouldnt have won if they had the 15.

Castlemaine were a phsyically small side also but their players were good on the ball and their midfielder, I think called Burke (who was not big at all) rulled supreme at midfield. If i was Jack O'Connor i think he could definetly do a job in at wing half forward for the Kerry team.

So looks like a Clonbur and Davitts double for the weeknd!!!!