Ian Paisley seriously ill !

Started by Sandino, February 06, 2012, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

While I was travelling in Southern Bolivia a few years ago, we passed through a very remote village and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this statue!

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

gerry

Rangers on the brink of financial ruin, Thatcher on her last legs and now paisley has been rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack.. the treble is on!
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

BennyCake

Quote from: gerry on February 07, 2012, 10:16:19 PM
Rangers on the brink of financial ruin, Thatcher on her last legs and now paisley has been rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack.. the treble is on!

Quote of the day there, Gerry  :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: give her dixie on February 07, 2012, 10:07:43 PM
While I was travelling in Southern Bolivia a few years ago, we passed through a very remote village and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this statue!

:D You should have lassoed it and hitched the rope to the towbar!

Orior

Quote from: give her dixie on February 07, 2012, 10:07:43 PM

Didnt Paisley poke fun at Biffo for having big lips? Pot, kettle...
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Oraisteach

There might have been a time when I would have been jubilant at news of the impending demise of both Paisley and Thatcher, but no more.  And not out of any respect for their grieving loved ones.

No, the harm they've done is done, the damage irreparable. 

Paisley is the bogeyman of my childhood, whose hatred of Catholics did more than any individual to drive a wedge between two working class communities who had more to gain in solidarity than in animosity.

That Thatcher and Pinochet were buddies is all that needs to be said.

ONeill

We're been through this before with the Thatcher thread but I just cannot understand the jubilation at a retired pensioner's death. I'd understand it if they were in the peak of their powers, croaked it and could do no more damage. It's a false elation. If that's the line of thought you're taking, then they've won. They've (Thatcher and Paisley) achieved what they wanted to and successfully outlived the majority of those of their own generation and probably of most of us here.

It's like a dog that savages your family. You then watch it savage others. Then you watch it grow old from a distance, become useless and eventually die, naturally of old age. You're still left with the damage and hurt. You should hope society learns from its mistakes. To celebrate a tyrant's death celebrates and commemorates their long life.

(Unless you're a great believer in hell and think you'll not be there and they will)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You're right ONeill, I could take no succour from their passings, but hope that they live for many, many years to come yet... preferably in excruciating pain.

;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Windmill abu

QuoteWe're been through this before with the Thatcher thread but I just cannot understand the jubilation at a retired pensioner's death. I'd understand it if they were in the peak of their powers, croaked it and could do no more damage. It's a false elation. If that's the line of thought you're taking, then they've won. They've (Thatcher and Paisley) achieved what they wanted to and successfully outlived the majority of those of their own generation and probably of most of us here.

forgive the crime they committed hie in poer, yu my  e frgive the ni fr the me
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 08, 2012, 12:14:33 AM
forgive the crime they committed hie in poer, yu my  e frgive the ni fr the me

Assuming you didn't have a minor stroke towards the end there, who mentioned forgiveness?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 08, 2012, 12:14:33 AM
QuoteWe're been through this before with the Thatcher thread but I just cannot understand the jubilation at a retired pensioner's death. I'd understand it if they were in the peak of their powers, croaked it and could do no more damage. It's a false elation. If that's the line of thought you're taking, then they've won. They've (Thatcher and Paisley) achieved what they wanted to and successfully outlived the majority of those of their own generation and probably of most of us here.

forgive the crimes they committed while in power, and you may  as well forgive the naZi for the crimes They committed

Windmill abu

QuoteAssuming you didn't have a minor stroke towards the end there, who mentioned forgiveness?

I don't stroke minors

Maguire01

Quote from: Pangurban on February 07, 2012, 09:05:35 PM
Are we now so desensitised and dehumanised, that the death agony of a human being, and the suffering of his family is a matter for joviality and levity. Catch a grip on yourselves lads, your behaviour is worse than anything the man you are mocking ever did
I wouldn't be cheering myself, but you're clearly lacking perspective if you think a few mocking comments on an internet forum are worse than what he did in his life.

seafoid

Paisley was a disaster for working class Protestants.  He never took care of their economic interests.
Education education education and it was the catholics who took up the challenge.

Belfast was the economic powerhouse of Ireland for 150 years. Dublin is way more important now. 

AND the wee 6 needs £9bn a year in subventions .   

HiMucker

Quote from: Pangurban on February 07, 2012, 09:05:35 PM
Are we now so desensitised and dehumanised, that the death agony of a human being, and the suffering of his family is a matter for joviality and levity. Catch a grip on yourselves lads, your behaviour is worse than anything the man you are mocking ever did
[/b]Surely your taking the piss??