Tyrone v Derry Sor Sun 12th Feb 2.30 in Omagh

Started by Fuzzman, February 06, 2012, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Derry have little or no hope in this game...we are considerably weaker than we were even for the McKenna cup game with McBride, Gerard O'Kane (albeit he went off injured early in that game), Barry McGoldrick and Mark Craig all becoming injured since that match.
We'll struggle big time to win anything around the middle third again I think which will put our young inexperienced defence under too much pressure. If we could get the ball to our forwards we could score alright, but I dont think we'll get much possession or supply into them.
Tirrone with a bit to spare and without having to put too much effort in.  :-[

Hope I'm wrong though.

Club Rossa

I would expect P.J Quinn to mark Bradley again.Think it would be too much to ask of Clarke at this stage.

Fuzzman

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick but did I not read somewhere Clarke was injured?

What injury does Cassidy mainly suffer from? He seems to be out a lot doesn't he.
I thought he was awesome down in Longford last year.

Has mcNabb played HF before?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: oakleafgael on February 10, 2012, 10:46:30 AM
Expecting the worst on Sunday, but holding out the hope that the sight of the Tyrone jersey can some how rise a performance out of somewhere on. The long and short of it there is a fair distance between the abilities of the two teams who will take the field in Omagh, much less of a gap if we had a full panel to pick from.

The mobility of our players around the middle of the field last week was shocking, a week wont have changed that most, although a heavy pitch in Omagh might level that out slightly. Our full back line is in transition and unless we can somehow stop a supply of ball into O'Neill then they will be in for a long afternoon. The sending off in the McKenna Cup final masked a lot of our failings that where exposed last weekend.

Tyrone by 5/6 pulling up.

Is that another phrase for Shite

Oak Leafer

TFAL,

At what level of the game was it you played at?

Oak Leafer

From Derrygaa.ie......

The Derry team to play Tyrone in Sunday's Allianz National Football League fixture at Omagh on Sunday (2.30pm) sees first starts of the year for Brian Doyle and Charlie Kielt with Craigbane's Blaine Gormley getting a first call-up to the Derry Senior football squad.

The full squad is as follows:
1 Paul Morgan (Cill Ria)
2 Brian McCallion (An Grainloch)
3 Brian Doyle (An Lúb)
4 Aidan McAlynn (An Lúb)
5 Chrissy McKaigue (Sleacht Néill)
6 Charlie  Kielt (Cill Ria)
7 Sean Leo McGoldrick (Cúil Rathain)
8 Joe Diver (Baile Eochaidh)
9 James Conway (Baile An Doire)
10 Michael Bateson (Droichead Nua)
11 Mark Lynch (Beannchar)
12 Barry McGoldrick (Cúil Rathain)
13 Cailean O'Boyle (An Leamhaigh)
14 Paddy Bradley (Gleann An Iolair)
15 Enda Lynn (An Grainloch)
16 Stephen Harbinson (Droim Soirn)
17 Ryan Dillon (Suaitreach)
18 Liam Morrow (Cill Ria)
19 Michael Drumm (An Leamhaigh)
20 P J McCloskey (Beannchar)
21 Emmett Mc Guckian (Machaire Fiolta)
22 Eoghan Brown  (Baile Eochaidh)
23 Conleith Gilligan (Baile An Doire)
24 Blaine Gormley (Charraig Bhan)
25 Patsy Bradley (Sleacht Néill)
26 Kevin O Neill (An Leamhaigh)

oakleafgael

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on February 10, 2012, 04:59:12 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on February 10, 2012, 10:46:30 AM
Expecting the worst on Sunday, but holding out the hope that the sight of the Tyrone jersey can some how rise a performance out of somewhere on. The long and short of it there is a fair distance between the abilities of the two teams who will take the field in Omagh, much less of a gap if we had a full panel to pick from.

The mobility of our players around the middle of the field last week was shocking, a week wont have changed that most, although a heavy pitch in Omagh might level that out slightly. Our full back line is in transition and unless we can somehow stop a supply of ball into O'Neill then they will be in for a long afternoon. The sending off in the McKenna Cup final masked a lot of our failings that where exposed last weekend.

Tyrone by 5/6 pulling up.

Is that another phrase for Shite

That would be your interpretation of it not mine, they have to start somewhere. I remember seeing Tony Scullion in his first year in the Derry shirt and he took a while to settle. They are the best we have at the minute.

Fuzzman

what is it about teams ending in erry and cute hoorism? It might not be your strongest team but you'd have to say the same about us. We've got Stevie and Mugsy and you've got Paddy and o'Boyle. Yer midfield are probably better fielders. If Peter Harte plays well we should win at home but it's not gonna be an easy game I think. Tyrone league games in Omagh usually aren't facile victories.

I'm disappointed Dillion isn't starting.

rrhf

Actually fancy that tyrone team to get that  derry team so humiliated that the busdriver kicks them off at newbuildings

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Owen Mulligan scores a short free, and Tyrone lead by 10.
Tyrone 1-11 Derry 0-04

give her dixie

Peter Harte brought down, and Tyrone are awarded a penalty. Patsy Bradley sent off

GOAL.......... Peter Harte scores a beautiful penalty
Tyrone 2-11 Derry 0-04

give her dixie

O'Boyle scores a short free for Derry
Tyrone 2-12 Derry 0-06

Sean Cavanagh replaces Owen Mulligan

give her dixie

Mark Donnelly splits the posts, and Tyrone now lead 13
Tyrone 2-13 Derry 0-06