RTE League Sunday

Started by Leo, February 05, 2012, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

What an absolute insult to the opening day of the GAA season.
Dead-hand Marty Morrisey (what a sh1t presenter) and sleeping-pill Whelan along side the painting-by-numbers "analysis" of McStay in a programme that had all the editorial and production values of an end of term primary school play, this does serious disservice to every player, supporter and GAA volunteer who braved the weekend's poor weather to put on a series of games. Luckily I was at a game and not totally depending on broadcast coverage but God help those whose only access to action was via TV.
The so-called highlights show couldn't even put up a sensible graphic recording all the results. Surely a short sudio report for each game is not beyond the capacities of the over-paid "public servants" that populate RTE.
Take an hour's slot - 4 major games , say 8 minutes each, leaves 28 minutes - 12 reports of 1 minute each leaves another18 minutes for cha & a brerak - how diffciult is that?
Have we a public relations or media division in the GAA that can take this lazy broadcasting to task?
I am certainly heading for the Setanta subscription after that crap.
When you look at the slick operation of Hook, Pope etc in rugby no wonder we are losing "market share". Desparate stuff!
Fierce tame altogether

Leo

Before you get me on my keyboard skills... it leaves 16 minutes for chat & an advertising break (I do know that Cha has hung up his hurley!).
Fierce tame altogether

Jinxy

Any mention of the 'hot zone' or is it too early in the season for that?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

TheThirdManning

The GAA shows always are  and always have been pathetic. I think I read somewhere that the GAA gave RTE their 3 biggest viewing last year so how we don't get more effort put in I just don't know.

Yesterday mornign I found myself watchin a re-run of Seo Spoirt despite not having an ounce of Irish. I was happy enough to read the subtitles and get a feel for the weekend's action. Darragh O'Se and David Henry were on with two others. There was an interview with Johnny Doyle and kids from a school somewhere took a 65 challenge and had a laugh with it.

Im not expert on the ins and outs of how TV stations work but I would imagine that TG4 is on a fraction of the budget these eegits are on in Donnybrook.

I mean is a Saturday morning show, that is well produced, looking ahead to all the weeks action really that hard to put together?

And don't even get me started on The Committee Room and Up for the Match. It's two early in the year for that.

And someone please stop letting Marty Morrissey host shows!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: TheThirdManning on February 05, 2012, 10:51:19 PM
And someone please stop letting Marty Morrissey host shows!!!

If anything they've been giving him more shows to do in recent years rather than less. He must have incriminating photographs on Ryle Nugent.

Denn Forever

But what does Ryle Nugent have on Ryle Nugent so that he is the lead Rugby commentator?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 05, 2012, 11:10:34 PM
But what does Ryle Nugent have on Ryle Nugent so that he is the lead Rugby commentator?

Kinda happy Ireland lost v Wales...for Nugget's sake.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Lads the weekly magazine show on TG4 is the way to go.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

panc56

Agreed it was awful. Not to show a full list of results is pathetic , on top of that they showed highigjts of games that were live on TG4 & Setanta Over the weekend. Not one camera left Montrose to follow a game. How many had they in the Aviva?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on February 05, 2012, 11:14:37 PM
Lads the weekly magazine show on TG4 is the way to go.

It's very good, not sure of the 65' comp - bit soccer am for me but good for the kids I suppose...
#newbridgeornowhere

snoopdog

yep Dreadful.
They couldnt even send a camera to the Mayo Laois game and they showed brief highlights of Down and Donegal but couldnt be bothered to do even a 1 minute analysis of the game. I know they show disdain for ulster football but that was a disgrace.
They are an embarassement to the GAA.

Denn Forever

GAA 2012 on TG4 is on now.  Mayo/Laois game and Galway/Derry game so far.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

haze

Now this is a proper highlights show.

Some great scores in Meath Monaghan game

neilthemac

Can somebody get a motion to Congress that RTE be stripped of all league highlights and magazine tv programmes.

give them all to TG4.

They'd even do a better job of the Sunday Game too

thejuice

Is there no-one else other than Marty, please god. TG4 have always done a decent job. RTE are a shambles when it comes to GAA coverage.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016