Four All Ireland Medals, Bloody Sunday ticket for sale

Started by magickingdom, March 18, 2007, 12:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Hope someone in gaa hq is bidding on these, they go on sale at the tara towers hotel, merrion rd, next tuesday. the bloody sunday match ticket must be fairly unique at this stage (E2-3k) while everyone in kerry knows the ai medals (1915-1918) are priceless!!

stephenite

Pangurban

Pangurban

Thanks 5ive Times, just had a look at that site, and am kicking myself re.some of the material i have lost or disposed off over the years. Would be worth a lot of Money today

magickingdom

5times is spot on, mealys are the sellers. fridays irish times pg 20 has a bit on it.....

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sureyouwill

pintsofguinness

Well if they didnt need tickets for All Ireland finals until 1977 I get it hard to believe that they needed tickets for an ordinary game in 1923.

Onlooker

I would have thought that after all the media talk in the last month, every GAA person would know that Bloody Sunday was in 1920, and of course there were tickets issued for matches long before all-ticket games were considered.  Some people bought tickets, while others paid cash at the gate.  Simple as that!.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Onlooker on March 19, 2007, 12:19:42 PM
I would have thought that after all the media talk in the last month, every GAA person would know that Bloody Sunday was in 1920, and of course there were tickets issued for matches long before all-ticket games were considered.  Some people bought tickets, while others paid cash at the gate.  Simple as that!.
Sooorrrrrrrrryyyy. I don't know why I said 23, sure that makes no sense at all.   ???
But glad you cleared that up.

Over the Bar

QuoteI thought tickets were first introduced in 1977?

No flies on the Jacks.  Even sold forged tickets for games that were pay at the gate!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 19, 2007, 12:26:14 PM
QuoteI thought tickets were first introduced in 1977?

No flies on the Jacks.  Even sold forged tickets for games that were pay at the gate!
:D

magickingdom

a 1943 all ireland medal won by a member of the roscommon team was sold for E20,000. Mealys said the price exceeded all expectations and was sold to a telephone bidder. suppose that rules you out 5ive times...

DrinkingHarp

As a history geek, I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of material that actual medal was made of since it was during WWII ?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

magickingdom

"As a history geek, I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of material that actual medal was made of since it was during WWII ?"

9 carat gold drinking harp. article in todays it. match ticket went for E7,500 and 4 medals won by wexfords jim byrne (1915-18) in the 4 in a row (kerry will do 5 someday) went for E24,000. the high price for some early gaa match programmes, which sold for up to E6,000 also caused some surprise according to mealys. none of it surprises me, these items are going to be worth even more down the road....