Motorway Tolls

Started by BennyCake, February 02, 2012, 12:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Heading down to the Kerry Armagh game next weekend, via Dublin.

I'm familar with the M1 toll, but I hear there's an e-toll further down on the M50? What's that all about?

Any info about this e-toll would be much appreciated, along with any other tolls I might come across.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: BennyCake on February 02, 2012, 12:30:17 AM
Heading down to the Kerry Armagh game next weekend, via Dublin.

I'm familar with the M1 toll, but I hear there's an e-toll further down on the M50? What's that all about?

Any info about this e-toll would be much appreciated, along with any other tolls I might come across.

M7 is tolled at Mountrath.

M50 toll can be paid online or over the phone.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

screenexile

Fcuk!!! I went through it twice last week and this thread has just reminded me about it. I'm based up North with a Northern reg. . . can the bastards catch me??!!

armaghniac

Quotecan the b**tards catch me??!!

Oh yeah, unless you've registered your car at a fake address. But for one return trip they might not bother.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Antrim Coaster

You can pay the M50 toll at the wee shop in Jonesborough.

BennyCake

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on February 02, 2012, 08:17:41 AM
You can pay the M50 toll at the wee shop in Jonesborough.

Is that shop near the Carrickdale?

Up The Middle

Quote from: screenexile on February 02, 2012, 12:36:21 AM
Fcuk!!! I went through it twice last week and this thread has just reminded me about it. I'm based up North with a Northern reg. . . can the b**tards catch me??!!

I ended up with a €50 fine cause i forgot to pay mine, used to be they didnt even try and get you in the North but now the cnuts do
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

amallon

I've been using the M50 a few times a year and haven't paid but thankfully I haven't heard a thing yet.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Antrim Coaster

You get off at the Carrickdale and cross over the bridge into Jonesborough.

Theres a wee shop there on the right and you can pay the toll there in sterling

thebigfella

Quote from: Up The Middle on February 02, 2012, 11:06:07 AM
Fcuk!!! I went through it twice last week and this thread has just reminded me about it. I'm based up North with a Northern reg. . . can the b**tards catch me??!!

I ended up with a €50 fine cause i forgot to pay mine, used to be they didnt even try and get you in the North but now the cnuts do

Nothing they can do about it though.

sammymaguire

Quote from: thebigfella on February 02, 2012, 12:47:41 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on February 02, 2012, 11:06:07 AM

Nothing they can do about it though.

will the Gards chase after ya if you return to the south with an unpaid toll fine  :P ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

armaghniac

QuoteNothing they can do about it though.

Quotewill the Gards chase after ya if you return to the south with an unpaid toll fine

No. They'll hand the debt and accumulated fines (which rise up quickly) over to debt collectors.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Olly

First of all and let us get this put to bed straight away - there are NO SUCH THINGS!

It's one of those tales that linger in Ireland more than anywhere else. Under the bridge etc. I used to be awful afraid when my uncle would take me walking in the moss and under bridges for fear of these trolls. I'd read about them in children's books (was it Billy Goat's Gruff?) and the trolls living under the bridge who'd jump out at you for no reason at all. There was bed-wetting i'm sure and I hated going over bridges by foot for fear of a surprise attack by the troll. Now you're saying there are motorway trolls and that takes the biscuit. Just because the government don't make bridges anymore, the folklore-makers tailor these horrible tales to suit modern society. What next? Space trolls? 

I remember my granda telling me that his dog was so clever it used to (at night) push a chair over to the front door and 'make his water' (sic) through the keyhole as they didn't have a litter tray invented in those days. For a solid week I tried to train my dog to do the same to the point of balancing it on a chair on hind legs and holding its yoke pointed at the keyhole. Anyone can play with the imagination of a child.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Nally Stand

Tried to do the honourable thing and pay an overdue fine but on the website you can only:

• Pay for a journey in the last 24 hrs
  • Pay overdue fees & penalty if you got a letter with a reference number

I have never received such a letter. Whats a fella to do?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore