NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 25, 2012, 11:26:55 PM
Am I correct in saying if Offaly beat Tipp and Cavan lose to Antrim then Cavan head south to Div 4?
That looks right. NorthernSound were saying that Cavan were safe, but I wouldn't take much notice of that!

Syferus

It'd be harsh on Cavan to be relegated, played quite well and fought gamely today, it wasn't until the final eight or so minutes before we started to ease away from them. They certainly were as stiff an opposition for us as Tipp (this was before their confidence flat-lined) an aeons better than Offally or Antrim.

Shamrock Shore

Tipp were not half bad against Longford and probably could have got more than the draw but the sending off hampered them. Offaly should, though, beat them.

Cavan are like the Forrest Gump boxa chawclates. You never know what you are going to get. So if I were a lad from Stradone I'd start praying. While Antrim have nawthin to play for, in theory, I am sure they would love a win in Cavan. And may just get it.

sligoman2

Am I correct in saying if Offaly beat Tipp and Cavan lose to Antrim then Cavan head south to Div 4?

I think thats right as they will both have 4 pts and offaly won the bead to head
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Billys Boots

Is the Cavan-Antrim game in Breffni Park?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

Round 7

Cavan V Antrim

Time: 2 30 PM , Venue: Kingspan Breffni Pk

Referee: TBC

Round 7

Longford V Wexford

Time: 2 30 PM , Venue: Glennon Brothers Pearse Park

Referee: TBC
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 25, 2012, 03:09:27 PM

Sligo   1- 10
Offaly  0-6

HT

Sligo taking some great scores.  Offaly have the wind in the second half.
Johny Davey and Johny Martin have gone off injured.  Coen, Breheny and Marren scoring from everywhere.
Coen is having a blinder.

I was also listening to the Ocean FM commentary but when I spoke to a friend of mine who was at it he told me there was no wind. Thank God we survived, I thought our goose was cooked when Offaly beat Cavan last week and the drop to Div 4 would have been a disaster.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 25, 2012, 11:30:11 PM
That looks right. NorthernSound were saying that Cavan were safe, but I wouldn't take much notice of that!

By "NorthernSound" do you mean their "star commentator" yesterday (Hegarty), or someone who actually might be expected to know something?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Rossfan

Apart from the last relegation spot next Sunday's round will be a damp squib.
With an U21 final between Sligo and ourselves on Saturday and the likelihood of totally weakened teams playing the NFL game, plus of course Easter Sunday -  I wonder will it be the smallest crowd ever at a competitive Ros/Sligo game?
Cavan's need to win will possible see them scrape by antrim, Offaly will still give it a go v Tipp just in case while Longford/Wexford will probably have most followers asking " who's that number 2/3/5/7/8/9/10/23/29......?"  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shortso79

Division 3

Pos.    Team    P    W    D    L    F    A    Pts.
1    Longford    7    6    0    0    5-96    5-64    13
2    Wexford    7    5    0    2    8-110    13-71    10
3    Roscommon    7    4    0    3    6-81    5-76    8
4    Sligo    7    4    0    3    9-84    3-91    8
5    Antrim    7    4    0    3    11-68    2-88    8
6    Cavan    7    2    0    5    6-79    11-74    4
7    Tipperary    7    1    0    5    1-77    8-90    3
8    Offaly    7    1    0    6    6-57    5-98    2

Cosmo Kramer

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Jinxy

Hey everybody!
What's the craic?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ard-Rí

What's the temperature like in here then?
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

ross4life

Slight revenge for Sligo today TBH this game will be forgotten as quickly as the last league game between the two. Looking at the above table as it turn's out if we had beaten either Longford or Wexford we would have got promoted but TBH where not ready for Div 2 football yet.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2012, 04:55:24 PM
Slight revenge for Sligo today TBH this game will be forgotten as quickly as the last league game between the two.
but TBH where not ready for Div 2 football yet.

If the repeats of 2010 continue we'll be happy enough  ;)

Not much for us to enthuse about today and while we're certainly not ready for Div 2 football I hope we'll be able for next year's Division 3  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM