O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: tayto on March 27, 2007, 10:17:04 AM
So when is the ruling on this expected? Will be very interesting. I'm convinced the work could be mostly finished by now if the minister haddnt let this go to court.

Friday. They get a decision on whether they can take a full judicial review.

the work would have been finished on a soccer stadium but not the gaa version as planning etc would have to be redone. that being the whole problem the minister has.

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 27, 2007, 10:35:05 AM

I'd like athletics track and so on installed in the tallaght stadium, but I would prefer if the GAA were to gain planning permission in rathcoole and play any Gaelic games there.

im not bothered getting into the whole lot, but i had to laugh that individual clubs and county boards dont apply for and get grants. if thats the level im dealing with, there really is no point.

the spin that the GAA get less than soccer from the state is actually sinister in its ingratitude.

but on the final point, ask yourself why, 11 years later, pp hasnt been sought for rathcoole? remember the ministers offer of funds to develop it that were rejected? pull at that thread and you have one of my main sticking points over the DCB and their role in all this.

magpie seanie

Quotethat being the whole problem the minister has.

Ah, that's why its taken so long for this years lotto funding to be announced......

Gnevin

Quote from: dublinfella on March 27, 2007, 12:40:17 PM

I'd like athletics track and so on installed in the tallaght stadium, but I would prefer if the GAA were to gain planning permission in rathcoole and play any Gaelic games there.

im not bothered getting into the whole lot, but i had to laugh that individual clubs and county boards dont apply for and get grants. if thats the level im dealing with, there really is no point.

the spin that the GAA get less than soccer from the state is actually sinister in its ingratitude.

but on the final point, ask yourself why, 11 years later, pp hasnt been sought for rathcoole? remember the ministers offer of funds to develop it that were rejected? pull at that thread and you have one of my main sticking points over the DCB and their role in all this.
Because SDCC dragged out the issue of access for 10 years  and PP was reject on the access issue ,perhaps?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dublinfella

Quote from: Gnevin on March 27, 2007, 12:47:02 PM

Because SDCC dragged out the issue of access for 10 years  and PP was reject on the access issue ,perhaps?

thats not it. they delayed the access because the DCB hadnt signalled what they planned on doing with the site. has anyone seen a plan, even an architects sketch of whats planned? thought not. after 10 years sitting on prime land, no-one appears to have done a thing.

what do you think will happen to this land if the magnificent 2,000 seater 'southside parnell park' is procured for free?

Gnevin

Quote from: dublinfella on March 27, 2007, 12:54:10 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on March 27, 2007, 12:47:02 PM

thats not it. they delayed the access because the DCB hadnt signalled what they planned on doing with the site. has anyone seen a plan, even an architects sketch of whats planned? thought not. after 10 years sitting on prime land, no-one appears to have done a thing.

what do you think will happen to this land if the magnificent 2,000 seater 'southside parnell park' is procured for free?
It is and alway has been intended to be a center of excellence ,lets not forget that DCB offered to build SR stadium for them , on the condition it could be used by Gaelic Games
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bord na Mona man

[Edited]
Thought you might get a good laugh at some of the comments on these threads from some group of Shamrock Rovers fans who belong to some "Ultras" lunatic brigade.
On a completely unrelated topic Rovers have a serious hooligan problem, which is generally regarded to be the worst of any LOI club.
Check out youtube.com and see their dust up outside the Hill 16 pub.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2616

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2650

dublinfella

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 27, 2007, 01:08:15 PM
Thought you might get a good laugh at some of the comments on these threads from some hooligan styled Shamrock Rovers group:  ;D

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2616

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2650

is that not the group that sued the herald for calling them hooligans? careful now.

just when you thought it couldnt get more childish

someone emailed this to me, interesting to see they have finally made a statement on the issue.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/pressrelease.php?subaction=showfull&id=1174993917&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&

discuss

dubnut

Quote from: dublinfella on March 27, 2007, 01:44:35 PM
is that not the group that sued the herald for calling them hooligans? careful now.

Shamrock Rovers ultras?
Yep hooligans alright, I had a mate who played with Rovers a few years back so went to a few games.
The Rovers fans I was in with were the lowest common denominator. absolute vile, vicious scum.

Rovers couldnt pay my mates wages as they were skint so he went to another eircom league team so he could keep up his mortgage payments and had a pigs head thrown at him next time he played rovers.
Classy bunch.
Not surprise at those links at all.

lynchbhoy

are you mental or something?

GAA CLubs do not apply for grants etc to the Gov or local councils (any grants are obtained from GAA sources from GAA generated funds)
your point is so far away from the truth it is laughable!
Take your head out of your proverbial!

You are the one spinning here - its why people are responding , as they cannot allow such deceipt and lies to exist unchallenged.
You may be able to fool yourself, but in the big bad world - reality exists and cannot be 'spun over' !

I think the Planning permission question has been accurately answered by GNevin

dublinfella

Quote from: dubnut on March 27, 2007, 01:57:54 PM

Shamrock Rovers ultras?
Yep hooligans alright,

are you saying that named supporters club were involved?

just bear in mind that the rovers ultras have won legal action for just those allegations against people with bigger legal departments and budgets than this site.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on March 27, 2007, 03:31:06 PM
Quote from: dubnut on March 27, 2007, 01:57:54 PM
Shamrock Rovers ultras?
Yep hooligans alright,
just bear in mind that the rovers ultras have won legal action for just those allegations against people with bigger legal departments and budgets than this site.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh threats now !
big and clever - up there with smoking and swearing

just cos people couldnt prove it, doesnt mean that it didnt happen (allegedly)
:D

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 27, 2007, 03:40:54 PM

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh threats now !
big and clever - up there with smoking and swearing

just cos people couldnt prove it, doesnt mean that it didnt happen (allegedly)
:D

its not threats. im just saying that they have sued and won against the o'reilly press for those allegations.

its a sign of the immaturity on this site that pointing out that those allegations have landed other people in trouble would be construed as a threat where as every other forum in the world would take it as sensible advice and if neccesary the mods act on it.

if this site isnt populated by 16 year olds i despair.

Gnevin

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/pressrelease.php?subaction=showfull&id=1174993917&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&

discuss
"Shamrock Rovers is a community-based, not-for profit club that is owned and run by its members. In that respect it's much like a GAA club, but we offer even more to the community."

This quote says it all yeah offer more than clubs with  20 + teams , in the community for 50 + years , playing 3/4 codes of sport for all ages groups

dubnut

Quote from: dublinfella on March 27, 2007, 03:31:06 PM

I am saying that they are hooligans in general.
And anyone calling themselves "Shamrock Rovers ultras" are probably knackers of some description.
And this is my own personal opinion and not that of "the site" so why not sue me by pm : }